Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Guest Categories

2019 Emmy Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 359 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Emmyfan
Riley Chow
  • mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m interested to see whether Britton is nominated. Would that prove Lange’s show has the strength for her to lock the win or will it mean they split the vote? Of course they could just vote Lange regardless because she’s Jessica Lange.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

tegeo wrote:
    Can someone tell me who tf to predict for Drama Guest Actor? lmao

Bradley Whitford, Ron Cephas Jones, James Cromwell and Michael McKean are nearly locks IMO. Denis O’Hare is a real possibility; they already nominated him for doing nothing in S1. Jeremy Allen White could get in if Homecoming was widely seen. And I have Glynn Turman in because I want him to get in, but it’s not a realistic prediction (though some editors have him in too)

Totally agree with you on Bradley Whitford, Ron Cephas Jones, James Cromwell and Michael McKean, I put Glynn Turman because of you, so I hope you are right about him, and in last place I have Griffin Dunne, he was very good, but yes, they may go with Denis O’Hare instead.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not buying Jones at all Bledel and Wiley won because they play memorable characters and were considered overdue for some recognition Jones isn’t either of those things they could give this to Lange for not rewarding her for Feud.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

I’m interested to see whether Britton is nominated. Would that prove Lange’s show has the strength for her to lock the win or will it mean they split the vote? Of course they could just vote Lange regardless because she’s Jessica Lange.

I have Connie Britton, they seem to like her. I mean, she got a Best Actress in a Drama nomination for Nashville lol. Also, if they watched Jessica Lange episode, then they have also watched Connie’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Connie Britton, they seem to like her. I mean, she got a Best Actress in a Drama nomination for Nashville lol. Also, if they watched Jessica Lange episode, then they have also watched Connie’s.

Let’s be honest, that Nashville nomination was a result of leftover love from her turn in Friday Night Lights. Otherwise, she would have gotten a few more noms for that series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Tbf Nashville wasn’t that much of a nocurr show for Britton’s inclusion to be considered an anomaly. It had buzz when it first started, and even if we can shrug it off its Globe nominations for HFPA’s obsession with music-related shows, it had an alright guild showing with noms from WGA, ACE and a few others, which is more than half of this years new contenders can say.

I would have had more faith in Rashad winning, if say that she were a recurring character like McRaney and had an ongoing presence in the season. We know how rare it is for one-off guest roles to get nominated let alone win in this category. Who was even the last one before Jenrette?

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I would have had more faith in Rashad winning, if say that she were a recurring character like McRaney and had an ongoing presence in the season. We know how rare it is for one-off guest roles to get nominated let alone win in this category. Who was even the last one before Jenrette?

Laurie Metcalf for Horace and Pete?

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Ann-Margaret when she won for SVU?

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Brian Tyree Henry was nominated for This Is Us. He only appeared in one episode, “Memphis”.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I think I will be upset if Cherry Jones is nominated. As much as we love her as an actress, please pass on her voters for these “hanging” Handmaids Tale episodes from last season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Totally agree with you on Bradley Whitford, Ron Cephas Jones, James Cromwell and Michael McKean, I put Glynn Turman because of you, so I hope you are right about him, and in last place I have Griffin Dunne, he was very good, but yes, they may go with Denis O’Hare instead.

Oh God, haha. I should warn you that it’s a very biased prediction, because he was phenomenal. But to back it up, he is a previous Drama Guest Actor winner. That said, if you want to be on the safe side, you should probably put in O’Hare or so. I don’t want to be the reason why you get your prediction wrong, lol

Don’t forget, she also got nominated for this AHS role back in S!

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

Brian Tyree Henry was nominated for This Is Us. He only appeared in one episode, “Memphis”.

Different categories. He is not an actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Different categories. He is not an actress.

Well Roney was talking about Guest categories in general, which is why Gerald McRany was mentioned… who, by the way, also appeared in one episode of season 2 of This Is Us (literally one scene) and got nominated again.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

I honestly don’t know why the Rashad stans on here get so threatened by other people’s predictions, especially when Van Houten is involved.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly don’t know why the Rashad stans on here get so threatened by other people’s predictions, especially when Van Houten is involved.

Don’t forget the Lange stans. The fact that they constantly move discussion to the winner while we simply want a nomination for Carice clearly suggests they’re more threatened than they’re letting on. Rashad is my second choice in the category and I’ll be happy if she won.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.