Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Guest Categories

2019 Emmy Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 359 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Emmyfan
Riley Chow
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I honestly don’t know why the Rashad stans on here get so threatened by other people’s predictions, especially when Van Houten is involved.

THIS.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

THIS.

Is there a guest acting slugfest planned Luca?

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    bellajoe
    Participant
    Topics:

I see no one talking about Dylan McDermott. I personally did not think his performance was particularly noteworthy, but if voters watch the episode, and nominate Lange and Britton, I can see him getting in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Lange and Britton were previously nominated for these roles though; McDermott wasn’t. They have a history of being embraced by the Emmys as well which McDermott lacks. I don’t think he has the performance or the support to get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to see Griffin Dunne nominated for This Is Us

ReplyCopy URL
    Zazee
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t remember what did Britton do in AHS: Apocalypse at all, but she has definitely elevated quite a respect around her persona throughout these years.
    Being thrice on a ballot, I hope she’ll garner a nomination for SMILF or/and Dirty John (trashy, but she made it enjoyable).

ReplyCopy URL
    BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

THIS.

I wouldn’t call myself a Rashad stan, mostly because I loathe that term.

I’m rooting for her because she played a legendary TV role and went Emmyless and had another nominated role and lost. Overall, she is a well respected Tony winning actress who did a great job on the role.

Personally I’m not threatened by others’ predictions, I just really want her to win is all haha.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t remember what did Britton do in AHS: Apocalypse at all, but she has definitely elevated quite a respect around her persona throughout these years.
    Being thrice on a ballot, I hope she’ll garner a nomination for SMILF or/and Dirty John (trashy, but she made it enjoyable).

Her appearance wasn’t really memorable but being in the same episode as Jessica Lange must help. Also it’s the episode they screened at FYC event.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

What did Cherry Jones do in her appearance or appearances to warrant somewhat front runner status for Guest Actress Drama?

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m rooting for her because she played a legendary TV role and went Emmyless and had another nominated role and lost. Overall, she is a well respected Tony winning actress who did a great job on the role.
    Personally I’m not threatened by others’ predictions, I just really want her to win is all haha.

Well, I was more or less referring to the users who consistently trash and bash every other nominee just to make Rashad look good (such as calling Tyson a horrible person for no reason; though, I think everyone’s in agreement with Jones), refers to Van Houten as the “GOT lady” out of spite, and says that other users have been smoking crack for predicting said GOT lady.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

What did Cherry Jones do in her appearance or appearances to warrant somewhat front runner status for Guest Actress Drama?

It’s an embarrassment. These same editors/users are all but writing off a genuinely overdue body of work deserving winner Lena Headey due to “lack of material” while at the same time declaring frontrunners in other categories who are no where good in their seasons as other nominees in that category. Of the 6-7 names that keep being mentioned in Guest Actress Drama, the best performances are clearly Phylicia Rashad and Cicely Tyson.

Only solace I have is that the Performers branch gave a giant middle fingers to this website last year. Heck so did the HFPA (Lady Gaga is a lock!). I pray they do so again. The odds are so absurd this year. Has Chernobyl even gotten to the top slot yet lol.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Andrea.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Andrea.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I was more or less referring to the ones who consistently trash and bash every other nominee just to make Rashad look good (such as calling Tyson a horrible person for no reason; though, I think everyone’s in agreement with Jones), refers to Van Houten as the “GOT lady” out of spite, and says that other users have been smoking crack for predicting said GOT lady.

Oh Good lord sweetie that was weeks ago. Move on.

I didn’t call her the GOT lady out of spite. I called her the GOT lady because I am too f’ing lazy to look up her name.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

You have nothing to apologize even if you were a Rashad stan Bama.

Especially seeing the “Editor” you were responding to literally can’t make a post without stanning for Pat Arquette.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh Good lord sweetie that was weeks ago. Move on.

I didn’t call her the GOT lady out of spite. I called her the GOT lady because I am too f’ing lazy to look up her name.

Bringing up your remarks about a 90 year old woman goes with my point about your behavior of constantly talking trash about every other contender that isn’t Rashad. Her name has been said too many times on this thread for you to not know what it is or look up two posts above and see it (though, I’ve seen others do the same thing so you’re not the only one I was talking about). You can forgive me if I see it as spite, instead of laziness.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh don’t get me started on Jones’ nothing performance.

I am legit scared at the prospect of THT repeating all of its 10 or so Creative Emmy nominations+directing/writing noms for its 3 hanging episodes. It is possible due to the weak Drama field and some voters being under the impression that they are voting for the season that’s airing atm. Why push it so much Hulu? In long-term it’ll do nothing but accelerate the process of Emmys being tired of the show anyway.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Roney Moore.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Roney Moore.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.