Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Guest Categories

2019 Emmy Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 359 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Emmyfan
Riley Chow
  • montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Bringing up your remarks about a 90 year old woman goes with my point about your behavior of constantly talking trash about every other contender in every other thread that isn’t your favorite. Her name has been said too many times on this thread for you to not know what it is or look up two posts above and see it. You can forgive me if I see it as spite, instead of laziness.

All of these people we are talking about have more money than you or I will ever see in our lives. They can take some ribbing on an awards website with high stakes stans stanning about.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

What I don’t understand is that people are calling those that strongly support Phylicia Rashad being called a Stan, but what do you call those that have a major fit when anyone says anything negative about Game of Thrones?

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

What I don’t understand is that people are calling those that strongly support Phylicia Rashad being called a Stan, but what do you call those that have a major fit when anyone says anything negative about Game of Thrones?

Everyone calls everyone a stan of some sort on here so I don’t know why you’re trying to put it as if Rashad supporters are the only ones. Also, I didn’t refer to everyone who supports her as a stan, I made it clear that I was talking about the ones who were insulting other contenders to prop her up. And being called or proclaiming yourself a stan isn’t necessarily a bad thing, so, I don’t know why this comment was even made.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Justmimusicmon
    Participant
    Topics:

I see ABC, and rightfully so, are really pushing mama Tyson! She just did an interview for the “The Wrap” for emmy consideration.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I see ABC, and rightfully so, are really pushing mama Tyson! She just did an interview for the “The Wrap” for emmy consideration.

The treatment a legend deserves.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I have seen Rashad only in This is us, Empire and Creed, so I am not a stan or a fan, I even found her performance in Empire very cringe. But she was incredible in This is us, she managed to create a very memorable and complex character with just one episode. She said it herself, the level of acting in This is us is very high, and she managed to be worthy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s not on the predictions center, but does Harriet Walter have a shot for Succession? I’ve heard she’s good on the show and the category is wide open. She’s not a nobody; having over more than 100 credits on IMDB and having been invited to AMPAS acting branch recently.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Walter was good but you know who would have been a better choice? J. Smith-Cameron. Unfortunately, she has to compete in supporting because of the stupid new rule.

Even if Succession were to overperform, I don’t think it will get any female acting nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>COMEDY</p>
    Actress

1. Maya Rudolph, The Good Place 
    2. Cate Blanchett, Documentary Now!
    3. Jane Lynch, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 
    4. Emma Thompson, SNL
    5. Wanda Sykes, black-ish
    6. Sandra Oh, SNL

Actor

1. John Mulaney, SNL
    2. Peter MacNicol, Veep
    3. Danny DeVito, The Kominsky Method 
    4. Bob Newhart, Big Bang Theory
    5. Lin Manuel Miranda, Brooklyn 99
    6. Luke Kirby, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 

DRAMA

Actress

1. Carice van Houten, Game of Thrones
    2. Phylicia Rashad, This Is Us
    3. Jessica Lange, American Horror Story
    4. Cherry Jones, The Handmaid’s Tale 
    5. Sarah Bernhardt, Pose
    6. Cicely Tyson, How to Get Away with Murder

Actor

1. Bradley Whitford, The Handmaid’s Tale 
    2. Ron Cephas Jones, This is Us
    3. James Cromwell, Succession
    4. Michael McKean, Better Call Saul 
    5. Christopher Meloni, Pose
    6. Tituss Burgess, The Good Fight
    ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I could see Succession sweep with nominations for Cox, Strong, Snook, Culkin, Macfadyen, Smith-Cameron and Cromwell, but I would still not predict Walter. An Emmy nomination for her would be totally unwarranted. I will defend Smith-Cameron’s supporting submission. She was in all nine episodes after the pilot and was more a part of the core ensemble than some series regulars. If she does not get upgraded officially for the second season, it might be time for a new agent.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

What do people think of the Homecoming actors? Chau and Allen White are both on the borderline of a nomination but I don’t know who’s stronger/has the more open category to break into.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

What do people think of the Homecoming actors? Chau and Allen White are both on the borderline of a nomination but I don’t know who’s stronger/has the more open category to break into.

I think Guest Drama Actor is way more open than Guest Drama Actress. There’s about 3 or 4 actresses that are pretty much locked. So I would say Allen White as a better chance of getting in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin Klawitter
    Participant
    Topics:

Is anybody predicting any of the Twilight Zone actors for Guest nominations? Part of me wonders if the show could be the Drama equivalent of SNL and we could see Kumail Nanjiani, Adam Scott, or Zazie Beetz get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I will defend Smith-Cameron’s supporting submission. She was in all nine episodes after the pilot and was more a part of the core ensemble than some series regulars. If she does not get upgraded officially for the second season, it might be time for a new agent.

There are episodes where she is barely present. IIRC she had like 2-3 minutes of screentime and no more than 5 lines in the therapy episode. Plenty of times she is just standing in the back. I’d say Arian Moayed and Ashley Zuckerman were equally as prominent as Cameron, sometimes even more. Except for the Roy family members, no one else from the show should be contending in lead or supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Is anybody predicting any of the Twilight Zone actors for Guest nominations? Part of me wonders if the show could be the Drama equivalent of SNL and we could see Kumail Nanjiani, Adam Scott, or Zazie Beetz get in.

I just don’t think the show has any visibility.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.