Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Guest Categories

2019 Emmy Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 331 through 341 (of 341 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Emmyfan
Riley Chow
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Bradley Whitford is locked for that win.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait for the battle of the Van Houten and Rashad stans 🤗 (if someone makes a comment about the word “stan,” I’ll immediately block them).

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Can’t wait for the battle of the Van Houten and Rashad stans (if someone makes a comment about the word “stan,” I’ll immediately block them).

Oh, Carice can handle a battle. She even brought an end to the Long Night, she can do anything!

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I have seen Rashad only in This is us, Empire and Creed, so I am not a stan or a fan, I even found her performance in Empire very cringe. But she was incredible in This is us, she managed to create a very memorable and complex character with just one episode. She said it herself, the level of acting in This is us is very high, and she managed to be worthy.

Her performance in Empire has more to do with the soap opera-isque/villain writing for her character. It’s probably why it has failed to make an impact outside of Henson’s two nominations. But Mrs. Rashad is a class act in acting. She has a strong body of work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t imagine Bradley Whitford is a lock, what about Jones and McKean? This is such a weak category though, so yeah I guess I’ll go with Whitford. Who knows, maybe it’ll be Kumail, he’s a hot commodity right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I can’t imagine Bradley Whitford is a lock, what about Jones and McKean? This is such a weak category though, so yeah I guess I’ll go with Whitford. Who knows, maybe it’ll be Kumail, he’s a hot commodity right now.

Handmaid’s is the second most nominated Drama Series for three hanging episodes. And Whitford has an incredibly showy role, who’s now supporting in season three. That’s why, for me, he’s a lock. Jones could upset though. I won’t predict an acting win for BCS until I see one.

ReplyCopy URL
    paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

Nomination no.10! Yes, baby girl!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    paul.wm
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just astounded that De Niro got nominated for struggling to read cue cards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling they may Award Sandra Oh for SNL and snub her for Killing Eve

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

They take the whole season into account for guest eligibility even in the case of hanging episodes. You’re right, it doesn’t make any sense and neither should be nominated.

The orphaned episodes are going to win more acting Emmys than the main season 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just astounded that De Niro got nominated for struggling to read cue cards.

Was it that bad with DeNiro struggling with cue cards? I noticed that with one of the sketches with Tiffany Haddish last year.

I hardly watch SNL until the Emmy nominations come out or some clip that has gone viral.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 331 through 341 (of 341 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.