Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Guest Categories

2019 Emmy Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 346 through 359 (of 359 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Emmyfan
Riley Chow
  • jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

The orphaned episodes are going to win more acting Emmys than the main season 2.

Like Anne Hathaway said, it came true.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

The orphaned episodes are going to win more acting Emmys than the main season 2.

Your mind

Raven

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Jones really just won over Carice and everyone else with two minutes of screen time. I can’t even-

There needs to be a jury for guest acting. A petition should be made.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

If only I had kept that prediction!

As bad as this win is, Cherry Jones has been overdue since she withheld her name from her surefire win for 24 in 2010. She will easily make my decade nominees because she just got tape after tape. Never forget!

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

The wins in drama are plain horrible. It is kind of weird that both Jones and Whitford were guest stars on Transparent, though Jones wasn’t nominated ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

She was in supporting for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

The wins in drama are plain horrible. It is kind of weird that both Jones and Whitford were guest stars on Transparent, though Jones wasn’t nominated ever.

How was Whitford win horrible? You have not even watched the show apparently. He was the unanimous favorite on merit, only Angarano was as good as him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Even tho I don’t like Whitford or find him Emmy worthy on THT, he was winning in a landslide, he was the only safe bet if not lock out of the 4 guest acting categories. I posted earlier that Angarano and RCJ probably vote splitted, McKean snubbed in past years in supporting probably shows that he wouldn’t have the support to win anyway*, Turman was in underwatched show, and Nanjiani-.

*I’ve also said that, they don’t seem to give makeup Emmys for people who’ve they’ve never nominated (at least for the same role) before. Tatiana Maslany won on her 2nd nom, Newton won on her 2nd nom as make up for being robbed of a win on her first, same with Mendelsohn, Cephas Jones won as reward for his first nom, Mandy Moore is another example this year where her nom IS makeup for getting snubbed last year and she doesn’t have a chance at winning, etc etc.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

*I’ve also said that, they don’t seem to give makeup Emmys for people who’ve they’ve never nominated (at least for the same role) before. Tatiana Maslany won on her 2nd nom, Newton won on her 2nd nom as make up for being robbed of a win on her first, same with Mendelsohn, Cephas Jones won as reward for his first nom, Mandy Moore is another example this year where her nom IS makeup for getting snubbed last year and she doesn’t have a chance at winning, etc etc.

I do not see it as simple as that. You have the right to dislike Whitford, but he has received the best reviews of his career since The West Wing, he would have won on any system, he was superb. And he can win supporting next year, such an excellent performance during season 3.

And in this forum can repeat as much as you want that Newton and Moore are makeup, but no one agrees with that outside of here. Newton was the stand out in season 2, remained fan favorite and was the only performer that received acting nomination in al awards circuits for the second season, she learned Japanese and was the emotional core of the entire season. Moore played three different roles during the entire run of season 3, has a stellar submission, all fans think that this was her best season, the only reason you see her as a makeup is a single scene from the Super Bowl episode which is ridiculous. And she can win this year, many people have won on its first nominations – Alexis Bledel, Rami Malek and Riz AHmed came immediately to mind.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

^All on their first (or only) season tho.
    I don’t watch This Is Us anymore, I’ve just heard that Moore didn’t have very significant material this season.
    And as of Newton, I agree but I don’t think she’d win if she had won for S1.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Newton actually missed SAG last year but still ended up getting the most nominations along with Strahovski.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I do not see it as simple as that. You have the right to dislike Whitford, but he has received the best reviews of his career since The West Wing, he would have won on any system, he was superb. And he can win supporting next year, such an excellent performance during season 3. And in this forum can repeat as much as you want that Newton and Moore are makeup, but no one agrees with that outside of here. Newton was the stand out in season 2, remained fan favorite and was the only performer that received acting nomination in al awards circuits for the second season, she learned Japanese and was the emotional core of the entire season. Moore played three different roles during the entire run of season 3, has a stellar submission, all fans think that this was her best season, the only reason you see her as a makeup is a single scene from the Super Bowl episode which is ridiculous. And she can win this year, many people have won on its first nominations – Alexis Bledel, Rami Malek and Riz AHmed came immediately to mind.

Ehm absolutely not. That would be S2 thanks to her criminally snubbed work in 2×14. I can’t remember anyone singling out Moore for this season, to be honest. Ventimiglia, Kelechi Watson and toward the end even Brown were regarded as the standouts. Moore is thoroughly great IMO, but I think her character took a bit of a back seat to certain others this season, which was perfectly fine because Beth’s story was pretty darn great.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

OMG, I just realized that Liza Weil could now easily get nominated and win comedy guest actress for Maisel if she has a good enough part. For that reason alone I will have to catch up with this show.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

OMG, I just realized that Liza Weil could now easily get nominated and win comedy guest actress for Maisel if she has a good enough part. For that reason alone I will have to catch up with this show.

You should catch up just because it’s one of the best show on air right now

Banned for making a fake movie poster

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 346 through 359 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.