Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Guest Categories

2019 Emmy Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 341 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Emmyfan
Riley Chow
  • Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I just watched the episode of This Is Us in which Phylicia Rashad guest starred and she should win Guest Actress in a Drama Series hands down. There was range and impact in her submission and she had a lot of screen time as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Since she already had 3 , I suspect even if they love her performance she is likely to lose if their is a single Emmyless vet among the noms.

Would love for Lynch to win but if they are gonna give it to a overdue vet, Lord I hope it’s gonna Maya Rudolph this year.

She’s fantastic in The Good Place and she should’ve gotten a win long before now.

ReplyCopy URL
    StallionCity
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy Series – Will & Grace
    Matt Bomer
    David Schwimmer
    Molly Shannon

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Would love for Lynch to win but if they are gonna give it to a overdue vet, Lord I hope it’s gonna Maya Rudolph this year.

She’s fantastic in The Good Place and she should’ve gotten a win long before now.

I will say it again, but Maya Rudolph should have been nominated and won for her guest appearance on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt as Dionne Warwick.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I will say it again, but Maya Rudolph should have been nominated and won for her guest appearance on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt as Dionne Warwick.

She was fantastic in that episode. Wonder why she wasn’t even nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Newest guest drama actor contender; after just 2 episodes, Jon Cryer is KILLING IT on Supergirl as Lex Luthor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Newest guest drama actor contender; after just 2 episodes, Jon Cryer is KILLING IT on Supergirl as Lex Luthor.

Supergirl is not getting an Emmy nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

He’s still killing it, whether SG gets an Emmy nom or not. Didn’t know he could do drama, since we’ve seen him in comedic roles.

ReplyCopy URL
    The Real Tamartian
    Participant
    Topics:

This is Us should dominate here. Ron Cephas Jones, Phylicia Rashad, Rachel Hilson, Carl Lumbly, Michael Angarano and Griffin Dunne all did amazing work. Gerald McRany as well if he returns before the season is over.

I agree, but Rachel Hilson and Griffin Dunne garnering nods are unlikely. And I doubt Gerald McRaney will return for the season finale next week. Of your picks, Phylicia Rashad is a safe bet for both a nod and a win. She’s been overlooked by the Television Academy three times in twenty three years. There’s no way they’ll snub her this time.

FYC 2019 Emmys: Issa Rae (Insecure), Billy Porter (Pose), Carmen Ejogo (True Detective), Glynn Turman (HTGAWM), and Phylicia Rashad (This Is Us).

ReplyCopy URL
    The Real Tamartian
    Participant
    Topics:

My 2019 predictions/winners:

Comedy Guest Actress: Maya Rudolph, The Good Place

Comedy Guest Actor: John Mulaney, SNL

Drama Guest Actress: Phylicia Rashad, This Is Us

Drama Guest Actor: Glynn Turman, How to Get Away with Murder

FYC 2019 Emmys: Issa Rae (Insecure), Billy Porter (Pose), Carmen Ejogo (True Detective), Glynn Turman (HTGAWM), and Phylicia Rashad (This Is Us).

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

My 2019 predictions/winners: Comedy Guest Actress: Maya Rudolph, The Good Place Comedy Guest Actor: John Mulaney, SNL Drama Guest Actress: Phylicia Rashad, This Is Us Drama Guest Actor: Glynn Turman, How to Get Away with Murder

Glynn Turman would be so great but he couldn’t even get nominated last year, which worries me. I want Tyson to win much more though.

My problem with Rashad is that she screams Pam Grier to me. So many people thought she’d get in (big name with a great role in an Emmy darling), but she didn’t. I will be rooting so hard for Tyson, who will probably also be the only returnee in this category!

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Mindy Kaling or Sandy Martin for It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia maybe? Also maybe Quvenzhané Wallis for Black-ish?

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Mindy Kaling or Sandy Martin for It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia maybe? Also maybe Quvenzhané Wallis for Black-ish?

Wouldn’t Octavia Spencer would be more likely for black-ish?

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love that but it’s not happening. She was given nothing to do. If she does get in, we know voters aren’t actually watching Black-ish.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  ospencer.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  ospencer.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 341 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.