Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 517 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Eden
wolfali
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s now or never for Mandy Moore to break through. If she doesn’t get in this year, she never will. If both Colman and Moss are ineligible, I expect them to nominate: Oh, Roberts, Wright, Baranski, Comer and Clarke (ugh that one). With either Moore or Balfe as spoiler. I believe Davis is out for good.

Moore genuinely deserved a nom last year

gabspss
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, it’s a comedy, but limited series can be comedies or dramas.  And the final was well closed, i don’t think there will be a second season, but if there is, i believe it will be an anthology.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I get sooo nervous with the possibility of Emilia Clarke getting nominated in Lead Actress. I have watched Emmy submissions and she does nothing for me except summoning dragons. Has she ever given a performance that would be worthy of a Emmy submission?

agorretta
    Participant
    Topics:

Very big news! I’m so excited for this. Interested to see how this bodes awards-wise. The original series was able to get in for Ian McShane, Robin Weigert, and Brad Dourif. Thoughts?

David Milch’s Deadwood followup will debut this spring and will be eligible for the 2019 Primetime Emmy Awards.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  agorretta.
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO is really gonna sweep. Drama Series, Comedy Series, Limited Series and TV Movie are all looking like safe bets.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO is really gonna sweep. Drama Series, Comedy Series, Limited Series and TV Movie are all looking like safe bets.

Has any network ever done this before?

Edit: Just kidding, HBO did in 2015.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  KEllis.
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

what limited series does hbo have that would be a safe bet for a sweep?

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

what limited series does hbo have that would be a safe bet for a sweep?

The combination of Sharp Objects and true Detective.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I get sooo nervous with the possibility of Emilia Clarke getting nominated in Lead Actress. I have watched Emmy submissions and she does nothing for me except summoning dragons. Has she ever given a performance that would be worthy of a Emmy submission?

I loved her season 3 submission “And Now His Watch Is Ended,” even if she only had 10 minutes of screen time.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s now or never for Mandy Moore to break through. If she doesn’t get in this year, she never will. If both Colman and Moss are ineligible, I expect them to nominate: Oh, Roberts, Wright, Baranski, Comer and Clarke (ugh that one). With either Moore or Balfe as spoiler. I believe Davis is out for good.

I don’t know if it matters, but Moore had episodes tailor-made for an Emmy submission in season 2 – “Super Bowl Sunday” would have been one of the strongest submissions in that lead actress category IMO – but she hasn’t really had any in season 3 tbh. Season 3 belongs to Milo.

Anonymous
    Topics:

The acting branch are snobs. Mandy Moore is a teenage star and a singer. They won’t lower their standards for her. The fact that her show was top 5 drama series contenders for its 1st season and continued being a major contendeer on its 2nd season too should have had her locked. I mean, they even picked Evan Rachel Wood over her and anyone else last year. Laughable. They obviously care more about Westworld than This Is Us acting-wise. I’m pretty sure they’ll find some other person to nominate in this with ridiculously low competition year, maybe Jodie Comer or Christine Baranski or Viola Davis.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

The acting branch are snobs. Mandy Moore is a teenage star and a singer. They won’t lower their standards for her. The fact that her show was top 5 drama series contenders for its 1st season and continued being a major contendeer on its 2nd season too should have had her locked. I mean, they even picked Evan Rachel Wood over her and anyone else last year. Laughable. They obviously care more about Westworld than This Is Us acting-wise. I’m pretty sure they’ll find some other person to nominate in this with ridiculously low competition year, maybe Jodie Comer or Christine Baranski or Viola Davis.

Pretty please. She’d have a brilliant submission with “He Betrayed Us Both” (5.09), which is literally a follow-up to her season 2 submission “There’s My Baby,” which should have won her a second lead actress statuette.

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I think TIU will definitely get 3 acting noms (L. Actor x2, G. Actor), but could easily get S. Actor for Hartley & S. Actress for Watson, with S. Actress for Metz & L. Actress for Moore possible & maybe another guest nom

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Please no Viola Davis again. She plays the same thing over and over again. Her performance is a parody at this point (the fact the show has become trash doesn’t help her).

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  ginnala.
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree about Viola Davis she deservingly got dropped for season 4 and shouldn’t return.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.