Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 517 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Eden
wolfali
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

The Haunting of Hill House REALLY needs to go drama.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Lin Manuel-Miranda is going to appear in Brooklyn 99 as Amy’s brother

https://ew.com/tv/2019/02/11/brooklyn-nine-nine-lin-manuel-miranda/

Anonymous
    Topics:

Killing Eve could very well have a sophomore slump. We’ll definitely be getting some surprising nominations this year, more than usual. Succession, Pose, Hill House, and Homecoming among others should be excited.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Killing Eve could very well have a sophomore slump. We’ll definitely be getting some surprising nominations this year, more than usual. Succession, Pose, Hill House, and Homecoming among others should be excited.

Netflix better push it, otherwise I will lose it. This drama race will be so damn bland, I simply have no words.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

I think THT didn’t want those final three hangover episodes to be grouped in with their brand new season considering the highly negative reaction to the finale. I think they’re hoping for a clean slate.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I think THT didn’t want those final three hangover episodes to be grouped in with their brand new season considering the highly negative reaction to the finale. I think they’re hoping for a clean slate.

Well, they better prepare to be disappointed because while this year they wouldn’t have won anything, they might have lost all momentum by next June. The only thing that may help them is that BLL, ST, and perhaps the Crown are also all airing so early on in the eligibility period.

Handmaids2018
    Participant
    Topics:

There is a possibility that THT misses Drama series. They shouldn’t have skipped this season.

They probably didn’t have a choice. Filming for Handmaid’s Tale season 3 started a month later than last year and they took a full month’s break for the holidays. Post production likely won’t even be completed on time for an April-July release. They would have likely had at least 3-5 episodes ineligible for submission. Hulu wanted to be able to submit the entire season together:

“When asked whether or not Hulu intentionally pushed “Handmaid’s” Season 3 start to take it out of the running for the Emmys, Erwich said: “You know, maintaining the quality of the ‘Handmaid’s Tale,’ which is impeccable, takes time. And we wanted to give the show enough time in Season 3 to maintain incredibly high standards of storytelling that were set in Season 1 and 2. It will have the effect of the Season 3 episodes, all of them, being eligible for being viewed by the Emmy award body when the show is qualified.””

https://www.thewrap.com/handmaids-tale-june-premiere-game-of-thrones-final-season-hulu-emmys/

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Handmaids2018.
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

UPDATED PREDICTIONS (includes The Crown as there is no word on it yet):

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

Game of Thrones (HBO)
    The Crown (Netflix)
    Better Call Saul (AMC)
    Homecoming (Amazon)
    Killing Eve (BBC America)
    Ozark (Netflix)
    Succession (HBO)

Alt : Bodyguard, Doctor Who, House of Cards, The First, The Good Fight, This is Us, Pose, Ray <i>Donovan</i>

LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Sandra Oh — Killing Eve (BBC America)
    Olivia Colman — The Crown (Netflix)
    Emilia Clarke — Game of Thrones (HBO)
    Jodie Comer — Killing Eve (BBC America)
    Robin Wright — House of Cards (Netflix)
    Julia Roberts — Homecoming (Amazon)

Alt : Christine Baranski, Viola Davis, Taraji P Henson, Laura Linney, Jodie Whittaker

LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Richard Madden — Bodyguard (Netflix)
    Jason Bateman — Ozark (Netflix)
    Sterling K Brown — This is Us (NBC)
    Kit Harington —  Game of Thrones (HBO)
    Bob Odenkirk — Better Call Saul (AMC)
    Milo Ventimiglia — This is Us (NBC)

Alt : Sean Penn, Billy Porter, Liev <i>Schreiber
    </i>

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Peter Dinklage — Game of Thrones (HBO)
    Stephen James — Homecoming (Amazon)
    Jonathan Banks — Better Call Saul (AMC)
    Nikolaj Coster-Waldau — Game of Thrones (HBO)
    Michael Kelly — House of Cards (Netflix)
    Tobias Menzies — The Crown (Netflix)

Alt : Bobby Cannavale, Matthew MacFadyen, Josh O’Connor, Billy Porter, Greg Kinnear, Kim Bodnia, 

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Helena Bonham Carter — The Crown (Netflix)
    Lena Headey — Game of Thrones (HBO)
    Julia Garner — Ozark (Netflix)
    Rhea Seehorn — Better Call Saul (AMC)
    Sissy Spacek — Homecoming (Amazon)
    Maisie Williams — Game of Thrones (HBO)

Alt : Keeley Hawes, Diane Lane, Chrissy Metz, Fiona Shaw

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

Bebe
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully Patricia Arquette goes supporting in “The Act” so she can maintain her lead actress momentum for “Escape to Dannemora.”

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

The Haunting of Hill House REALLY needs to go drama.

If Netflix played their cards right and campaigned hard, Hill House could definitely get in, especially in directing, writing, and supporting categories. Please, Netflix, I’m begging you, get this right. Your show deserves all the awards but it’s on you to make sure that people vote for those awards.

Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

Hope Christine Baranski gets a lead nomination in that weak field!

JB
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve got to change my Drama Actress category predix after all the changes…. Here are my predix:

Lead Actress Drama:
    Christine Baranksi, The Good Fight
    Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones
    Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
    Julia Roberts, Homecoming
    Robin Wright, House of Cards
    ~ spoilers: Mandy Moore (This is Us), Laura Linney (Ozark)
    It’s Sandra Oh v. Robin Wright for the win.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  JB.
    DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s this? The Handmaids Tale won’t be contending in this year’s emmy races?

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s this? The Handmaids Tale won’t be contending in this year’s emmy races?

It premieres on June 5th, unfortunately.

BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Nice to see Indiewire coming to GoldDerby for ideas.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.