Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 466 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Eden
wolfali
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Had there ever been a show which was nominated for all of its seasons but not the final one? If not, with many shows not returning, House of Cards should be safe, right?

I doubt it. A certain someone has ruined that show’s chances. Plus, I don’t know many people who didn’t think that the final season was downright terrible.

ReplyCopy URL
    furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree, House of Cards is buried.
    Robin Wright seems like its only possible nom, but I’m not so eager to predict it as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Limited Series contenders that I know of – Sharp Objects, Escape at Dannemora, A Very English Scandal, Catch-22, True Detective, The Haunting of Hill House, Les Misérables, The Little Drummer Girl, and Central Park Five (although we don’t have a release date on that yet). Please add more in case I’m missing any, which I most likely am. Also, which of these do you think are likely to make the cut?

Fosse/Verdon and I guess Maniac

ReplyCopy URL
    Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

Had there ever been a show which was nominated for all of its seasons but not for the final one? If not, with many shows not returning, House of Cards should be safe, right?

It happened to the show that first won 4 Emmys for Outstanding Drama Series, Hill Street Blues. It also happened to Northern Exposure, although its last few episodes aired in the summer of 1995, so I guess that would have technically counted as another “season.”

• This reply was modified 6 days, 5 hours ago by  Nate.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

Nothing remotely official yet, but we are being told to have “The Crown” in the Emmy predictions center when it launches this month. They might change their minds later, but it will be in there as we launch.

Thanks for the scoop, Chris! I’m curious if Netflix releases just some of Season 3 before the end of May, the way that it breaks up seasons sometimes, like with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I forgot that in this forums you deny the backlash that this season got… The backlash did not begin with Beyond the Wall, it was with Stormborn. Many people also hated the finale. The book fans hated this season with an incredible passion, I am really glad that none of you have seen that, because it would have been very annoying for you. The season was considered average in general. Anyway, it is senseless to discuss this now, my point was that if season seven won Best Drama, there is no way that it won’t win for the final season no matter the competition, GoT would win for this final season versus The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, This is us, Westworld, Stranger Things, The Americans, Better Call Saul and Big Little Lies regardless of the quality of all of them, it is ridiculous to deny it. And Dinklage is winning regardless of the category he will be in and the material that he will have. And he will stay the only acting winner for the show as well, I am completely sure about it.

I find it really ironic that you’re saying people here can’t see GOT backlash when I clearly remember you stanning THT Season 2 and denying any backlash whatsoever. Just to be clear, literally every Drama nominee last year was considered to have had a better season(s) in the past except for The Americans.

Also, for argument sake, if The Crown turns out to be ineligible, who else could possibly win Drama Supporting Actress this year over a GOT lady? Like seriously I’m curious if there’s an actual realistic option because I can’t think of one. (I will admit if HBC is in then its a different discussion).

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I find it really ironic that you’re saying people here can’t see GOT backlash when I clearly remember you stanning THT Season 2 and denying any backlash whatsoever. Just to be clear, literally every Drama nominee last year was considered to have had a better season(s) in the past except for The Americans. Also, for argument sake, if The Crown turns out to be ineligible, who else could possibly win Drama Supporting Actress this year over a GOT lady? Like seriously I’m curious if there’s an actual realistic option because I can’t think of one. (I will admit if HBC is in then its a different discussion).

Jodie Comer if she goes supporting and Killing Eve s2 gets more buzz. But even that doesn’t seem likely.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Fosse/Verdon and I guess Maniac

I think we are all forgetting Good Omens. I think we can see Emmy nods for Michael Sheen, David Tennant, Jon Hamm and Frances McDormand in limited.

ReplyCopy URL
    paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think HBO is making a mistake for Big Little Lies. Nicole Kidman would have likely won, same for Meryl Streep. Next year, I’m not so sure. And even for the Golden Globes, I can see Ratched and Sarah Paulson winning.

Paulson will sweep for RATCHED. She may be winning the big 5 yet again. Nicole and Reese will have zero chance against her, even though BLL is my darling of a show Sarah as nurse Ratched will be iconic, she taking on an Oscar-winning role. But I think Ratched is expected to bow in 2020. So Nicole can still win the Globe, which I doubt with Olivia eligible for The Crown.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Paulson will sweep for RATCHED. She may be winning the big 5 yet again. Nicole and Reese will have zero chance against her, even though BLL is my darling of a show Sarah as nurse Ratched will be iconic, she taking on an Oscar-winning role. But I think Ratched is expected to bow in 2020. So Nicole can still win the Globe, which I doubt with Olivia eligible for The Crown.

To me, Streep is an guarantee globe win in supporting actress. If ratched comes out at the end of 2019, It could be eligible for the 2020 globes. If Paulson is out, Nicole and Reese’s biggest competition for the drama globe would be Jennifer aniston from the apple tv show Top of the morning. Which comes out in the summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

In before Ratched is a flop lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe Ratched will premiere in fall, maybe in November once AHS is done airing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

First crack at predictions. Im not very knowledgeable when it comes to tv but I figured I would at least try. At least I have seen one show in each category.

Best limited series

1. Catch 22
    2. Escape at dannemora
    3. Fosse\vendon
    4. The haunting of hill house
    5. Sharp objects
    6. A very english scandal

Best actress limited series

1. Amy adams (sharp objects)
    2. Patricia arquette (escape at dannemora)
    3. Connie britton (dirty john)
    4. Carla gugino (the haunting of hill house)
    5. Emma stone (maniac)
    6. Michelle williams (fosse\vendon)

Best actor limited series

1. Mahershala ali (true detective)
    2. Kyle chandler (catch 22)
    3. Paul dano (escape at dannemora)
    4. Hugh grant (a very english scandal)
    5. Sam rockwell (fosse\vendon)
    6. Benicio del toro (escape at dannemora)

Best supporting actress limited series

1. Aya cash (fosse\vendon)
    2. Olivia colman (les miserable)
    3. Patricia clarkson (sharp objects)
    4. Mckenna grace (the haunting of hill house)
    5. Patricia hodge (a very english scandal)
    6. Bonnie hunt (escape at dannemora)

Best supporting actor

1. George clooney (catch 22)
    2. Nate corddry (fosse\vendon)
    3. Hugh laurie (catch 22)
    4. Chris messina (sharp objects)
    5. Paul reiser (fosse\vendon)
    6. Ben whishaw (a very english scandal)

Best tv series musical or comedy

1. Barry
    2. The good place
    3. Glow
    4. The kominski method
    5. The marvelous mrs maisel
    6. Will and grace
    7. Unbreakable kimmy schmidt
    8. Veep

Best actress musical or comedy

1. Kristen bell (the good place)
    2. Alison brie (glow)
    3. Rachel bronsahahn (the marvelous mrs maisel)
    4. Julia louis dreyfus (veep)
    5. Ellie kemper (unbreakable kimmy schmidt)
    6. Debra messing (will and grace)

Best actor drama

1. Asa butterfly (sex education)
    2. Ted danson (the good place)
    3. Jim carrey (kidding)
    4. Michael douglas (the kominski method)
    5. Bill hader (barry)
    6. William H macy (shameless)

Best supporting actress

1. Alex borstein (the marvelous mrs maisel)
    2. Aidy bryant (saturday night live)
    3. Anna chlumsky (veep)
    4. Betty gilpin (glow)
    5. Leslie jones (saturday night live)
    6. Kate mckinnon (saturday night live)
    7. Megan mullally (will and grace)

Best supporting actor musical or comedy

1. Louie anderson (baskets)
    2. Alan arkin (the kominski method)
    3. Titius burgess (unbreakable kimmy schmidt)
    4. Tony hale (veep)
    5. Sean haynes (will and grace)
    6. Tony shalhoub (the marvelous mrs maisel)
    7. Kenan thompson (saturday night live)
    8. Henry winkler (barry)

Best tv series drama

1. The crown
    2. Game of thrones
    3. Homecoming
    4. Killing eve
    5. Ozark
    6. Pose
    7. This is us

Best actress drama

1. Olivia colman (the crown)
    2. Jodie comer (killing eve)
    3. Lena headey (game of thrones)
    4. Laura linney (ozark)
    5. Sandra oh (killing eve)
    6. Mandy moore (this is us)
    7. Julia roberts (homecoming)

Best actor drama

1. Jason bateman (ozark)
    2. Sterling K brown (this is us)
    3. Stephan james (homecoming)
    4. Bob odenkirk (better call saul)
    5. Billy porter (pose)
    6. Milo ventimiglia (this is us)

Best supporting actress drama

1. Helena bonham carter (the crown)
    2. Hong chau (homecoming)
    3. Emilia clarke (game of thrones)
    4. Julie gardner (ozark)
    5. Chrissy metz (this is us)
    6. Indya moore (pose)

Best supporting actor drama

1. Dyllon burnside (pose)
    2. Kieran culkin (succession)
    3. Peter dinklage (game of thrones)
    4. Kid harrenington (game of thrones)
    5. Justin hartley (this is us)
    6. Tobias menzies (the crown)
    ReplyCopy URL
    LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

The Emmys need to acknowledge the CW more. I remember the first season of The Vampire Diaries, Riverdale and The Flash being really good. And the comedies are not even getting in too. Ugh.

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

even before the exodus to flee got/veep, i’ve maintained there are too many nominees per category.
    i guess the lineup will be…interesting

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 466 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.