Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 517 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Eden
wolfali
  • insomniac0987
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a shame CEG didn’t go straight to Netflix. It would have been much bigger and the Emmys would give a shit about it. No one cares about CW, I’d rather have no show than be on CW.

I’d rather make money, create with little executive oversight, and bank good will for my next project than have no show.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO bought another Sundance film, this time it’s “Share”

https://deadline.com/2019/01/sundance-hbo-films-pippa-bianco-share-a24-1202542680/

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Not lead.

Nor is Olivia Colman in The Favourite and she’s lead at the Oscars. Anderson has a fairly significant amount of screen time and really it’s debatable like you suggested earlier by saying that Stephen James could get nominated for either Lead or Supporting. I don’t see why Anderson might not be entered for Lead if she is having significant amounts of screen time (ok maybe not as much as Butterfield) but then James has a significant amount of screen time and was nominated as a Drama lead at the Globes. For now, I’m keeping her in Lead.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

sinasays
    Participant
    Topics:

Per IMDb, Diane Lane, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Keeley Hawes and Greg Kinnear are not eligible for Guest since they all appear in at least 50% of the episodes. I also don’t know why Fiona Shaw, Kim Bodnia or Josh O’Connor would be in guest instead of supporting. I would place Laura Linney much higher in Lead Actress than Henson, Davis, Whitaker and Baranski.

I’m wondering if they’re maybe submitting Bodyguard for limited series after all?

Keeley Hawes would have a way better shot there I suppose. Or maybe they can submit her as Guest anyway. It’s a shame – I thought she delivered a great performance but somehow it’s this weird mix between lead and guest?

insomniac0987
    Participant
    Topics:

Atlanta might not make the cutoff

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/01/atlanta-season-3-return-zazie-beetz-1202038675/

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a shame CEG didn’t go straight to Netflix. It would have been much bigger and the Emmys would give a shit about it. No one cares about CW, I’d rather have no show than be on CW.

That’s such a stupid statement.

Emmys should be ashamed of themselves for snubbing Jane the virgin and ceg just because they air on CW.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  ginnala.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  ginnala.
    pjgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone think Jodie Whittaker will get an Emmy nomination for her performance in Doctor Who?

She got a lot of buzz when cast as the first woman as the Doctor, and her performance was pretty impressive. It’s more of a comedy performance within a drama series, but she’s really good.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

They should just hand Shalhoub the Emmy now.

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

They should just hand Shalhoub the Emmy now.

He deserves it, but I really want to see Alan Arkin win it so that he can complete his Triple Crown.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

When I think about it, HBO might have one of their best years in recent memory in 2019, right before things will turn for the worse for them 2020 and onwards (awards-wise of course).

With the final seasons of Veep and Game of Thrones, Barry returning, miniseries like Sharp Objects and True Detective and such and most other serious contenders missing the cut they got themselves covered with good representatives in program, acting and technical categories. They even have good chances at the Golden Globes, which is mostly not the case. Unless something highly unexpected happens

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Dvir B.A..

#LenaHeadey2019

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

HTGAWM better have Cicely Tyson return sometime this season still because Guest Actress could be really weak this year.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Sandra Oh’s s1 performance is overrated, but maybe she will have more and winning worthy material next season. So let’s not call her potential Emmy win undeserved until we actually see s2.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

When I think about it, HBO might have one of their best years in recent memory in 2019, right before things will turn for the worse for them 2020 and onwards (awards-wise of course). With the final seasons of Veep and Game of Thrones, Barry returning, miniseries like Sharp Objects and True Detective and such and most other serious contenders missing the cut they got themselves covered with good representatives in program, acting and technical categories. They even have good chances at the Golden Globes, which is mostly not the case. Unless something highly unexpected happens

Sharp Objects is not happening. People will keep predicting it and Amy Adams for wins and will keep being outraged when they will come home with 0 trophies.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Sharp Objects is not happening. People will keep predicting it and Amy Adams for wins and will keep being outraged when they will come home with 0 trophies.

What makes you say that? I mean with no ACS on the horizon, what would you say could be a more probable win?

#LenaHeadey2019

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

What makes you say that? I mean with no ACS on the horizon, what would you say could be a more probable win?

True Detective is more likely to win, imo. Then you potentially have Central Park Five, Catherine the great starring Helen Mirren, Fosse/Verdon…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.