Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 517 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Eden
wolfali
  • DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not saying Headey wins or anything (unfortunately she’ll always have the worst chance with this some kind of bias they have against her), but what makes everyone so sure Bonham Carter wins this if eligible? Obviously none of us saw her performance, but it’s not like she’s some kind of an admired figure in the academys or anything, I don’t think she has an Emmy or an Oscar yet. I mean she might possibly win and maybe deserve it too, but doesn’t she has as much chance as any other actress in that category? Perhaps a bit more? She’s not Meryl Streep or something. It won’t be the first time a movie star gives a wonderful performance on TV yet doesn’t win.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

We need to get out of the Sharp Objects bubble that’s very popular on the forums. It’s dead for a while now.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I officially switched to team True Detective. Though I still hope Adams will win

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Are You Sleeping? will make eligibility.

Sources familiar with the plans say Apple’s video service will be targeted for a launch in summer or fall rather than the April timing that has been the subject of media speculation.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/apple-video-service-summer-launch-1203140002/

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, that makes the race more predictable. Apple is missing a good chance by not premiering a show this spring, though.

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

So the predictions that I posted before generally hold then. Long live Rhea Seehorn.

Lol, that is definitely not happening.

It is not just that the Emmys are different than the Oscars. Even the Oscars would have had people nominated against themselves recently if votes for the second-ranked performance were not discounted in balloting.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Isn’t is unfortunate Sarah has never won for AHS? Especially when she was the absolute frontrunner twice? I think she should’ve won last year for Cult and I’m pretty sure she was the runner-up considering the clapping and enthusiasm during the nominees announcement.

She should have won for Asylum, that was arguably her best season. She was great in Cult, but all she did was scream and cry, haha. She was amazing in Apocalypse and would be a deserving winner, but there’s no way unfortunately. Adams, Williams, Arquette will all be ahead of her. The competition was extremely weak last year, so who knows if she even makes it in this year. AHS is a big question mark this year.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

The only deserving nomination this year for AHS is Frances Conroy imo, she was even better than she was in Coven.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

A nomination would be so great this year & so well deserved. I don’t think she’ll miss out. I still cannot accept the fact that she lost for both Asylum and Freak Show. I hope AHS does well this year because the season was aces. It’s gonna receive lots of technical noms, given its dominance last night at the MAUAHS with 3. 10 noms would be good I don’t expect it to get more again.

It deserves to win Production Design and Visual Effects for sure.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

The finally 6 episodes of “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” were OUTSTANDING. The best run the show has ever done. I hope Jane Krakowski can get back in because she could win.

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

Isn’t is unfortunate Sarah has never won for AHS? Especially when she was the absolute frontrunner twice? I think she should’ve won last year for Cult and I’m pretty sure she was the runner-up considering the clapping and enthusiasm during the nominees announcement.

That Cult performance was my favorite performance of her’s and if she was going to win for the series, I thought she should’ve won for that or Coven. I think either she or Dern were definitely the runner-ups.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.