Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Predictions

2019 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 596 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
32 mins ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
leothescorpio
Luca Giliberti
  • callumbrown
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think there’s any chance of HBO’s Euphoria starring Zendaya being a drama contender in the major categories? To me, this show sounds pretty much like Degrassi but it is being produced by A24. Thoughts?

If drama leading actress stays as open as it is now, I’m sure Zendaya has a shot. Maybe I’m being judgemental but I don’t see it as being an Emmys priority for HBO. Also given the fact that their Sunday nights in March/April/May are hot property, I’m not sure if it will be eligible for 2019 Emmys.

Has production started yet?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  callumbrown.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Also see that The Politician has started production. I believe that Murphy’s shows tend to have a quick production-to-transmission process – AHS at the moment, and Versace being in production only this time last year ready for a January airdate. Judith Light said she filmed her Episode 3 scenes the Monday after the Emmys last year. so, I guess I’m speculating whether Murphy’s relatively quick turnaround will change for Netflix. I see it as either a Q1 release (if he can get the whole series edited, scored etc) or one of their classic May 31st releases.

Such a premature prediction but I do realistically think Ben Platt has a fighting chance to win comedy actor once this comes out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Amy Adams and Emma Stone could very well be facing each other in the same categories at the Oscars and Emmys (and twice at the Globes and SAGs)

ReplyCopy URL
    loganw
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to see Carrie Preston nominated Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for Claws. She is doing incredible work this season!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Do you think POSE has any chances?! I hope so!

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

If THT don’t air on this Emmy Season, wich I doubt, I hope Moss get nominated and she chose “Holly” as her submission. It is probably my favorite performance of Moss as June.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Outstanding Achievement in CW Programming better be a thing next year or I’m going to lose my shit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Someone
    Participant
    Topics:

For real, how long until networks ask for a “best network show” category ?

Yes ?

ReplyCopy URL
    callumbrown
    Participant
    Topics:

Could the huge amount of recent good will shown towards Succession genuinely translate into major nominations? Brian Cox could take the Actor slots that will be vacated by Harris & Wright.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Could the huge amount of recent good will shown towards Succession genuinely translate into major nominations? Brian Cox could take the Actor slots that will be vacated by Harris & Wright.

Emmys I don’t know, but seems the type of series the Golden Globe loves to nominate.

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmRZqDfDlU1/?taken-by=verdonfosselegacy

looks like the FX Verdon/Fosse limited series starring Michelle Williams and Sam Rockwell started production this week…Possible Spring 2019 release? Damy sinks further?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Succession is a non-starter, like the Crashing of drama.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    callumbrown
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmRZqDfDlU1/?taken-by=verdonfosselegacy looks like the FX Verdon/Fosse limited series starring Michelle Williams and Sam Rockwell started production this week…Possible Spring 2019 release? Damy sinks further?

</p>

yep, there is no Ryan Murphy series for them next spring, and I don’t see Trust returning in a huge hurry. They probably need to decide whether they want to air against True Detective, BLL, or GoT, and decide which they want to avoid.

True Detective will be their direct competitor in Limited Series but Big Little Lies probably has the biggest audience demographic crossover…

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugxQuVPmVZU

BBC/Netflix production starring John Goodman and Michaela Coel. I’m obviously in, but will the Emmys bite? Seems Limited Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugxQuVPmVZU

BBC/Netflix production starring John Goodman and Michaela Coel. I’m obviously in, but will the Emmys bite? Seems Limited Series.

The best they could hope for is a Night Manager situation, but I’m pretty sure only BAFTA will reward this if it’s any good.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 596 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.