Home Forums Television 2019 emmy presenter wish list

2019 emmy presenter wish list

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
I Don't Need ..
UnderHerEye
  • UnderHerEye
    Participant
    Topics:

Agreed, but she did show up for The Night Manager at the Emmys, and we all know she was never winning for that.

It was before she found out she’s something truly special. Something to be cherished.

ReplyCopy URL
    I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

It was before she found out she’s something truly special. Something to be cherished.

Err.. her next big project was The Favourite and she showed up at GGs, BAFTA and Oscars (where she won) so I guess ur right. I feel like if she’s come down to that realisation, it happened after The Favourite, not before or during.

ReplyCopy URL
    UnderHerEye
    Participant
    Topics:

It happened the moment she won her first GG where she unfortunately wasn’t present. Now she follows predictions and goes whenever she’s tipped to win. She wanted to skip Academy Awards but that BAFTA win made her realise that with GG & BAFTA wins and The Favorite massive nominations count she can overcome Close overdue narrative. She’s not only hilarious but also very savvy.

ReplyCopy URL
    I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

It happened the moment she won her first GG where she unfortunately wasn’t present. Now she follows predictions and goes whenever she’s tipped to win. She wanted to skip Academy Awards but that BAFTA win made her realise that with GG & BAFTA wins and The Favorite massive nominations count she can overcome Close overdue narrative. She’s not only hilarious but also very savvy.

On the other hand, I believe that she went to the Oscars regardless, because getting invited at the Academy Awards as a nominee is one of the greatest honors (if not the greatest) a(n) (screen) actor can receive through their career.

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Think Colman will only attend if the Season 4 filming schedule permits her. I’m not sure Netflix is bothered with using these award ceremonies to promote the show compared to the immense cost of working the filming schedule around their lead making a return trip to the US for a 30 second presentation and a possible (but not probable) win that would count towards its competitor’s win count. I think they will reserve Colman’s absence from filming for the actual promo in the weeks before the season release in November.

Also Colman didn’t attend GG when she won for The Night Manager because her first day of filming with Judi Dench (her all time acting idol) on Murder on Orient Express was scheduled the next day and she didn’t want to turn up hungover (her words). Plus the fact she’s on record saying she thinks “it should be someone else’s turn” makes me suspect she wouldn’t show.

Would be a dream if she presented with HBC though.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  musterd.
    ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

The cast of Pose.

ReplyCopy URL
    Carla Manuel
    Participant
    Topics:

Amy Adams & Patricia Clarkson, Ben Platt, Zoey Deutch & Jessica Lange, Mandy Moore, Paul Dano & Benicio Del Toro

ReplyCopy URL
    Carla Manuel
    Participant
    Topics:

Milo Ventimiglia, Jodie Comer & Sophie Turner

ReplyCopy URL
    Potatohead
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t have a particular reason, but I’d love to see Bill Hader present something.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Little Lies Cast

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Sian and Phoebe together. Throw Andrew Scott in too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé (my favorite artist ever) presenting Outstanding Drama Series to Game of Thrones (my favorite show ever). A dream… literally a dream.

Emilia, Sophie, Maisie and Nathalie would literally pass out on stage if this happened

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.