Home Forums Television 2019 Emmys: Best Drama Series – What are your Top 7 predictions?

2019 Emmys: Best Drama Series – What are your Top 7 predictions?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 hours ago
replies
views
users
lacourseauxet..
Riley
Ivo Stoyanov
  • bondzzz
    Participant
    Topics:

These are my 7 who i think will be nommed, and ranked in terms of winning at the moment.

1. Game of Thrones
    2. The Crown
    3. Killing Eve
    4. This is Us
    5. Better Call Saul
    6. Ozark
    7. Homecoming

Alt: Succession (to be in if The Crown is ineligible), Pose

ReplyCopy URL
    Mladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones is the obvious lock unless they epically screw things up, which doesn’t seem very likely.

The Crown can be a huge thing, especially riding on Colman’s Oscar win. Plus Helena Bonham Carter… Carter as Princess Margaret v Lena Headey as Queen Cersei would also be epic.

One thing I have to ask is what’s up with “The Handmaid’s Tale” Is it eligible? I mean, the last few episodes of Season 2?

Also, I would like to see Jodie Comer getting recognized for “Killing Eve” If they put her in Supporting, that category will be bloodbath.

Not sure about “This is Us”. I feel as it ran its course. Also, “Homecoming” and “Bodyguard” might get there…

ReplyCopy URL
    verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Game of Thrones (And will win, unless the final season is a disaster like the Dexter series finale, which I doubt. The final season of Lost also split opinions and was nominated in the Emmy anyway)

2. The Crown (if elegible)

3. Better Call Saul (I wonder if this or The Crown will be the new Emmy winners on the next year)

4. This is Us (I doubt it would be nominated if Westworld, Stranger Things and The Handmaid’s Tale were eligible, but it will certainly be nominated as the competition this year is weak)

5. Ozark (It was nominated in everything: PGA, DGA, WGA, SAG and Golden Globes. It will not miss the Emmy.)

6. Killing Eve (Unless quality falls in the second season)

7. Homecoming (It’s the only one I’m not sure of. It can be replaced by Pose, Succession or Bodyguard)

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Game of Thrones (And will win, unless the final season is a disaster like the Dexter series finale, which I doubt. The final season of Lost also split opinions and was nominated in the Emmy anyway) 2. The Crown (if elegible) 3. Better Call Saul (I wonder if this or The Crown will be the new Emmy winners on the next year) 4. This is Us (I doubt it would be nominated if Westworld, Stranger Things and The Handmaid’s Tale were eligible, but it will certainly be nominated as the competition this year is weak) 5. Ozark (It was nominated in everything: PGA, DGA, WGA, SAG and Golden Globes. It will not miss the Emmy.) 6. Killing Eve (Unless quality falls in the second season) 7. Homecoming (It’s the only one I’m not sure of. It can be replaced by Pose, Succession or Bodyguard)

I think Succession is way stronger than Homecoming. Succession has the stronger studio, won the DGA (the last DGA winner to miss a series nomination was The Killing, and before that it was Rome), got nominated in the main category in the WGA in addition to the New Series category, and doesn’t have the bad buzz that Homecoming has with Julia Roberts and Sam Esmail not coming back. The only advantage that Homecoming has over Succession is that Homecoming got a Globe nomination.

Also, I think it’s definitely possible that Big Little Lies will beat The Crown or Better Call Saul next year. Out of the contenders we know about, those seem like the 3 that could win. I’d bet on The Crown, but it seems like such a weird winner since the Drama Series winners tend to be much more impactful shows than it. The West Wing, Lost, 24 The Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones were all huge hit shows, Homeland was the critical favorite for its first season, and The Handmaid’s Tale had a lot of cultural impact. The Crown doesn’t have any of that. All it has behind it is prestige. Maybe that will be enough though. It has definitely done a better job of winning awards so far than Better Call Saul.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

One thing I have to ask is what’s up with “The Handmaid’s Tale” Is it eligible? I mean, the last few episodes of Season 2?

They are eligible, but are not being submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Seriously, why are so many more people predicting Homecoming than Succession?

ReplyCopy URL
    NSULABR
    Participant
    Topics:

If Netflix is smart and waits until next year to start the crown as best drama series promotion I think it will have a better shot at winning. Because they are giving the trophy to game of thrones and Netflix should sit this year out and start fresh for next year

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

If Netflix is smart and waits until next year to start the crown as best drama series promotion I think it will have a better shot at winning. Because they are giving the trophy to game of thrones and Netflix should sit this year out and start fresh for next year

True, but the 4th season has Margaret Thatcher and Princess Diana in it, so they might have a better shot at winning if they push the 4th season next year. I do think that Season 3 won’t come out until next year though. I’m just not sure it will win (I’m betting on Big Little Lies winning instead).

ReplyCopy URL
    gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:
    1. Killing Eve
    2. The Crown
    3. Game of Thrones
    4. Better Call Saul
    5. Ozark
    6. This is Us
    7. Homecoming

————————————

Succession, Pose, Bodyguard

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:
    1. Killing Eve
    2. The Crown
    3. Game of Thrones
    4. Better Call Saul
    5. Ozark
    6. This is Us
    7. Homecoming

———————————— Succession, Pose, Bodyguard

How bad at predicting do you have to be to think Game of Thrones is in third? And seriously, why do so many people have faith in Killing Eve and why does anyone think Homecoming is ahead of Succession?

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

How bad at predicting do you have to be to think Game of Thrones is in third? And seriously, why do so many people have faith in Killing Eve and why does anyone think Homecoming is ahead of Succession?

They also have The Big Bang Theory in first place for Comedy Series which isn’t happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Game of Thrones (And will win, unless the final season is a disaster like the Dexter series finale, which I doubt. The final season of Lost also split opinions and was nominated in the Emmy anyway) 2. The Crown (if elegible) 3. Better Call Saul (I wonder if this or The Crown will be the new Emmy winners on the next year) 4. This is Us (I doubt it would be nominated if Westworld, Stranger Things and The Handmaid’s Tale were eligible, but it will certainly be nominated as the competition this year is weak) 5. Ozark (It was nominated in everything: PGA, DGA, WGA, SAG and Golden Globes. It will not miss the Emmy.) 6. Killing Eve (Unless quality falls in the second season) 7. Homecoming (It’s the only one I’m not sure of. It can be replaced by Pose, Succession or Bodyguard)

Oh The Crown will win when Thrones is gone next season. Don’t forget what the Queen GrandMother said.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh The Crown will win when Thrones is gone next season. Don’t forget what the Queen GrandMother said.

It might, but I’d bet on Big Little Lies over it. The Crown should be able to win for Season 4 when it has Princess Diana and Margaret Thatcher in it though (unless if we have a breakout show in the meantime, which is possible).

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I am pretty sure that The Crown and Better Call Saul will maintain the high level of their previous seasons, they might be even better. The ridiculous idea that actors do not watch Better Call Saul had die this year with the SAG nomination. The do watch it, but is not a huge favorite of them. There are million reasons that can explain the snub of Michael McKean, he is the only deserving nominee that has been ignored. Rhea Seehorn has never had the required material, I do believe that actors still watch This is us and that Susan Kelechi Watson will be impossible to ignore, she is not only an incredible actress, but the unanimous fan favorite, something very rare for a character that started with such a minor role in the first season.

On the other side, Big Little Lies may not be as good as the first season, also, the hype and expectations are going to be really huge. I hope that manages to deliver.

If season 2 of Killing Eve is not better than the first season is going to be snubbed.

Game of Thrones will have a lot of nominations even if disappoints and is going to win regardless. The competition is also not important, nothing can beat it. The level of quality will define the other categories though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

The ridiculous idea that actors do not watch Better Call Saul had die this year with the SAG nomination. The do watch it, but is not a huge favorite of them. There are million reasons that can explain the snub of Michael McKean, he is the only deserving nominee that has been ignored.

Lazy SAG voters nominated Better Call Saul for Ensemble, so they must have seen it. Come on, it’s because of Breaking BadPose and Homecoming were too new and “cool” for them, they somehow forgot Westworld, so there you have it, a random nomination. I’m not saying it’s not deserving, but the nominations for Ensemble and Odenkirk are so obviously lazy picks. And please name only two, not “milllion” reasons why McKean was snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.