Home Forums Television 2019 Emmys: Best Drama Series – What are your Top 7 predictions?

2019 Emmys: Best Drama Series – What are your Top 7 predictions?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
lacourseauxet..
Riley
Ivo Stoyanov
  • gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think that The Big Bang Theory will Win, I’m just keeping it there to help it on the prediction ranking. I’ll probably change nearer the nomination time

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Ivo Stoyanov wrote:
    The ridiculous idea that actors do not watch Better Call Saul had die this year with the SAG nomination. The do watch it, but is not a huge favorite of them. There are million reasons that can explain the snub of Michael McKean, he is the only deserving nominee that has been ignored.

Lazy SAG voters nominated Better Call Saul for Ensemble, so they must have seen it. Come on, it’s because of Breaking Bad. Pose and Homecoming were too new and “cool” for them, they somehow forgot Westworld, so there you have it, a random nomination. I’m not saying it’s not deserving, but the nominations for Ensemble and Odenkirk are so obviously lazy picks. And please name only two, not “milllion” reasons why McKean was snubbed.

Come on, do you really believe that? Hahaha, I am sorry, but this is too funny… So, they nominated Better Call Saul because of Breaking Bad, but they did it FOUR YEARS later, and just because, they ¨somehow forgot Westworld¨ hahahahaha. This is a completely delusional statement.

The two reasons:
    1. They do not liked him as much as we did.
    2. They liked him, but they did other actors much more, including Banks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

The two reasons:
    1. They do not liked him as much as we did.
    2. They liked him, but they did other actors much more, including Banks.

There is 0 foundation here. It is entirely based on broadly generalized assumptions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, and Eden’s theory about them “somehow forgetting about Westworld and nominating Better Call Saul without seeing it and just because it reminds them of Breaking Bad, but 4 years after” is pure logic and there are ZERO assumptions about it. You made my day, LOL.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 23 hours ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by  Riley. Reason: Removed redundant block quote
    ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

You haven’t proven your point that they have seen Better Call Saul.

And by the way, Banks did nothing in McKean’s last season, but still got nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

And you haven’t proved your point that have not seen it. At least I have more arguments than you, your only point is the no nomination of McKean, which is such a weak argument that I do not need to prove anything. Banks did what he always does, he looks menacing, he speaks like a tired of his life old man, but dangerous a very guy in the same time, he has badass lines. For many voters this can be more than enough. He didn’t do much else in Breaking Bad either, this is why everyone was surprised by his acting in Five-O.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 17 hours ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by  Riley. Reason: Removed redundant block quote
    ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Your arguments for McKean’s snub are that voters like him, but they liked Banks and other actors more. If voters saw the third season and still chose Banks over McKean, that says a lot about their taste. Nominating the show + Odenkirk and Banks  (who are the only submitted actors who also appeared on Breaking Bad) for every season of the show is a clear proof that voters don’t care for it and name-check the people they knew before the show.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 14 hours ago by  Eden.
    ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Category is bleak. I’ve always maintained that we should have kept to 5 nominees in every category, and this year further reinforces my belief

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

5 nominees just would stop more interesting choices from getting in. Getting a lineup of Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul, Ozark, Killing Eve, amd This Is Us would be so boring compared to what we’re gonna get with 2 more shows in the mix.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 12 hours ago by  lacourseauxetoiles.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

The cringe moment when we hear “House of Cards”..

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

House of Cards guild nominations this year:
    – SAG Drama Actress
    – ADG Contemporary Production Design
    – MPSE One-Hour Dialogue Editing
    – SOC Camera Operator

House of Cards guild nominations last year:
    – SAG Drama Actress
    – SOC Camera Operator

It is not much, but how did it even retain what it got last year? To improve on it demonstrates that there are still voters who check it off out of habit and this is a show that has never missed Outstanding Drama Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m debating between Bodyguard and House of Cards. It depends on what Netflix decides to do with the first one.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

God forbid if House of Cards Season 6 is nominated for Outstanding Drama series… Make the whole category look less serious

#LenaHeadey2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Your arguments for McKean’s snub are that voters like him, but they liked Banks and other actors more. If voters saw the third season and still chose Banks over McKean, that says a lot about their taste. Nominating the show + Odenkirk and Banks  (who are the only submitted actors who also appeared on Breaking Bad) for every season of the show is a clear proof that voters don’t care for it and name-check the people they knew before the show.

Clear for who? For you and for 3 more people on these forum? Your argument is your subjective belief that McKean is better than Banks… This is not even an argument to be honest. Banks proved in Better Call Saul that he can do more things that we thought. Actors nominated the show for best ensamble at SAG, they obliviously see the show, this season has been the most popular one between the guilds, it is obvious that with stronger competition voters proffered other options and performances. Maybe McKean was close every year. And to diminish voters taste in that way is very snobbish. I am sure that even McKean did not care as much as you care for his nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.