Home Forums Television 2019 Emmys (Post-2018 Ceremony)

2019 Emmys (Post-2018 Ceremony)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 294 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
HappyLittleWo..
Mukund
Ivo Stoyanov
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continuing discussion from https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/2019-emmy-predictions/page/35. American Gods, Anne with an E, Better Call Saul, Big Little Lies, Daredevil, House of Cards, Luke Cage, The Man in the High Castle, True Detective and Veep are back. Fargo and Feud are not. Altered Carbon, American Crime Story, The Americans, Episodes, The Girlfriend Experience, Homeland, Mozart in the Jungle, Orphan Black, Portlandia, Stranger Things and Westworld are out. The Alienist, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Law & Order True Crime probably are. Atlanta, The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, Jessica Jones, Legion, Lost in Space and Mindhunter might be. A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Mr. Robot, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Veep are in their final seasons. Modern Family and Silicon Valley might be. Apple and Facebook are entering the game. Everything else is business as usual.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s get the campaign going for this guy

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Outstanding Comedy Series

• Barry
    • black-ish
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • GLOW
    • Modern Family
    • Silicon Valley
    • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    • Veep

Outstanding Drama Series

• Better Call Saul
    • Big Little Lies
    • The Crown
    • Game of Thrones
    • The Handmaid’s Tale
    • Homecoming
    • House of Cards

Outstanding Limited Series

• Catch-22
    • Escape at Dannemora
    • Maniac
    • Sharp Objects
    • True Detective
    ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

LENA f*cking HEADEY!!!!

Probably won’t happen though.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I want Ozark in for everything. Directing and Cinematography again. Idc about Bateman. Series too, I don’t mind. Julia Garner, freaking Emmy nominee already! And ofc Writing, brilliant show, I’m just obsessed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Sharp objects get in more than one supporting actress? Patricia Clarkson seems like a safe bet, but Scanlen and Perkins aren’t entirely beyond the realm of possiblity. Personally, I’d nominate Scanlen over Clarkson.

Oh and, Team Adams!!

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Without ACS in the mix, the limited series race will actually be interesting. Right now I’m rooting for Sharp Object, totally deserving but let’s see how True Detective will be. Unless they’ll be stupid enough to submit it again in Drama Series which might have been the most idiotic thing they’ve ever done, back in 2014. Anyway HBO going 3 for 3 in the series category will be sweet, since the year after without Veep and GoT Netflix will probably have double the wins and the nominations than HBO.

Since House of Cards’ season is filled with forced turn of events which is awful for a conclusion of a series, I don’t believe it’s a real threat besides Robin Wright, which deserved to win long ago.

Everything Drama I’m rooting for GoT’s last season, and in Comedy I think Veep is 99% certain, though it’s not necessarily what I’d be rooting for

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Sharp objects get in more than one supporting actress? Patricia Clarkson seems like a safe bet, but Scanlen and Perkins aren’t entirely beyond the realm of possiblity. Personally, I’d nominate Scanlen over Clarkson. Oh and, Team Adams!!

I’d vote for Scanlen for a nomination and a win tbh. She was much better than you’d expect

ReplyCopy URL
    Flávio
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmy nominee Catastrophe also joins the final season 2018-2019 club. With previous nominations by the academy and with Amazon been able to crack-up the Comedy Series category this year, maybe can pull off some suprise nominations (such as Actress, Actor and/or writting), or it’s just me being a fanboy?

"I'm Not Going to be IGNORED, Academy" FYC: Glenn Close - The Wife

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Best actress nods for Olivia Coleman for the Crown and Robin Wright for House of Cards? Supporting for Helena Bonham Carter? Also who would win best actress and aren’t we all forgetting that Stranger Things is back next year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Best actress nods for Olivia Coleman for the Crown and Robin Wright for House of Cards? Supporting for Helena Bonham Carter? Also who would win best actress and aren’t we all forgetting that Stranger Things is back next year!

For best actress right now I’m betting on Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon cancelling each other (considering split votes really affected this year’s ceremony). I’m currently predicting Julia Roberts because she has the narrative of first tv show and it’s currently very well liked by critics.

ReplyCopy URL
    chanelmoviestar
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m 100% for a scanlen nomination and a win if it’s deserved (we still have 9 months of tv), also saw somewhere she may be being considered for the super girl movie?? All for that too!

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I am fully right there with you Headey stans, but without even seeing a second of the show I’m already (somewhat confidently) predicting HBC to win. It’s really unfair to Kirby, but I think the buzz she created for the character is going to catapult Helena’s chances. I presume Dern/Streep/Woodley(?) will vote split, and I also think Williams has a really good shot of getting in which will only make it harder for Heady.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want to remind everyone that Late Night with Seth Meyers was robbed for Variety Talk Series. This is the best “Back in My Day” segment ever and it is precisely writing like this that makes his show so deserving of Emmy recognition next year. Last Week Tonight is awesome and hilarious, but Late Night surely deserves a turn at the podium one of these years.

“Back in My Day: Banning Plastic Straws, MoviePass”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgg6mBFtZAQ

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 294 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.