Home Forums Television 2019 Emmys (Post-2018 Ceremony)

2019 Emmys (Post-2018 Ceremony)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 520 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
Eden
HappyLittleWo..
Stegeo
  • Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Madden and Porter are stronger than James at this point. With all the love Ozark has got from the guilds, I am predicting Bateman for now, followed by Odenkirk. I really can’t see Brown winning again when his show would have been most likely out of series if stronger contenders weren’t missing eligibility.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt 2 This Is Us actors are happening again for that boring season

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

We probably won’t have a competitive year in the category, which makes it pretty easy for both of them to get in.

By the way, have you noticed how much the cast cries in the press for the Globes snub? They keep mentioning it. I mean, seriously, I’ve never seen someone being so sensitive about a Globes nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO submitting True Detective not as Limited Series will be hilariously absurd. For me the 2014 case was the most idiotic awards strategizing I’ve ever seen. McConaughey deserved better!

ReplyCopy URL
    paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

I want Paulson and Lange, at least, nominated. Frances too <3

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This is the part where I remind us that history has given new context to past anthology submissions.  We decried FX as cheating when they submitted American Horror Story as a miniseries and again when they submitted Fargo as a miniseries.  But because they just kept doing it, it became the norm to the point that the academy rebranded the categories as for “limited series” after the True Detective year.  So HBO has come to be ridiculed here in the years since for doing what was the honourable thing at the time.

By the way, have you noticed how much the cast cries in the press for the Globes snub? They keep mentioning it. I mean, seriously, I’ve never seen someone being so sensitive about a Globes nomination.

Links, please!

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Metz on the Globes red carpet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6wjbROXcjc), Ventimiglia did it in an interview for the Jennifer Lopez movie (https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/milo-ventimiglia-this-is-us-golden-globes-snub-reaction-interview-1203089361/) and a few articles about fans on Twitter complaining (https://www.bustle.com/p/the-this-is-us-2019-golden-globes-snubs-have-fans-beyond-upset-13255297). For me, just the fact that the media is making a big deal of it, it’s staggering.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Season 3 doesn’t deserve anything and I say this as someone who likes (liked?) the show. The only one that was snubbed was Mandy Moore and sadly she is never happening.

I want Paulson and Lange, at least, nominated. Frances too <3

The limited categories will be really competitive this year so I doubt they are happening this year, sadly. And I have kinda already forgotten Apocalypse so I’m sure voters will until July. Btw, I don’t remember, but is The Politician premiering before June ? Jessica Lange could happen for this show.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Riley.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Season 3 doesn’t deserve anything and I say this as someone who likes (liked?) the show.

I disagree, there are some great story-lines and performances, of course, there are some weak too, it has never been the perfect show or a great example of quality, but it has strong points and it speaks very good about some social issues. Also, we have yet to see the second part of season 3 that will be much more important for the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Can My Brilliant Friend be eligible in the major mini-series categories or it goes against certain limitations? Foreign production or something?

I believe that this will be competing in drama series, no?

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Paulson is happening. Lead Actress is not that competitive and there’s room for her. I also think supporting actress is wide open.

Well we have

Amy Adams
    Patricia Arquette
    Michelle Williams
    Felicity Huffman
    Emma Stone (she has 0 chance of winning but could still be nominated)

And probably more I’m forgetting

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Well we have Amy Adams Patricia Arquette Michelle Williams Felicity Huffman Emma Stone (she has 0 chance of winning but could still be nominated) And probably more I’m forgetting

Helen Mirren, Laura Linney, Olympia Dukakis

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Florence Pugh, Connie Britton

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Central Park Five has a lot of potential to be huge at the Emmys, but still no news about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    HappyLittleWorkingSong
    Participant
    Topics:

The Crown will be a last-minute April or May push. Ozark has grown enough in the guilds to be a strong contender for Netflix, but with House of Cards unlikely to get anything beyond maybe Wright, they’re going to want a slam dunk surefire nomination just so that they can have a strong presence at the awards, and Ozark isn’t a strong enough show to be that, so I believe they’re going to push to get The Crown out before that deadline.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 520 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.