Home Forums Television 2019 Emmys (Post-2018 Ceremony)

2019 Emmys (Post-2018 Ceremony)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 515 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
8 hours ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
HappyLittleWo..
Eden
Stegeo
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

The Crown will be a last-minute April or May push. Ozark has grown enough in the guilds to be a strong contender for Netflix, but with House of Cards unlikely to get anything beyond maybe Wright, they’re going to want a slam dunk surefire nomination just so that they can have a strong presence at the awards, and Ozark isn’t a strong enough show to be that, so I believe they’re going to push to get The Crown out before that deadline.

I sadly can feel Ozark getting all the love it deserved for S1 instead. I can’t say I loved this season as much as I did for S1. It’s almost definitely getting in for Series, Directing and probably Actor. As of Linney, she really shined this season but still it’s not a performance I’d rush to nominate, given that Linney once again plays herself for the 100th time. But she could actually get in since the competition for nominations isn’t that high: Olivia Colman, Elisabeth Moss, Sandra Oh (if eligible), Robin Wright, and then Julia Roberts (maybe; I personally wouldn’t nominate her), Emilia Clarke (despite it being the final season, she might not have material after all), Jodie Comer, Claire Danes. I just want to see Julia Garner get recognized and I think there is a chance after all: Helena Bonham Carter, Alexis Bledel (we don’t know if Strahovski and Dowd will be featured much this season and if they’re gonna get any material), Chrissy Metz (?, lol), Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

Claire Danes won’t be eligible. Homeland starts in June.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Sandra Oh (if eligible)

Returns in April, so yes, it’s eligible.

Claire Danes won’t be eligible. Homeland starts in June.

Source?

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Metz on the Globes red carpet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6wjbROXcjc), Ventimiglia did it in an interview for the Jennifer Lopez movie (https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/milo-ventimiglia-this-is-us-golden-globes-snub-reaction-interview-1203089361/) and a few articles about fans on Twitter complaining (https://www.bustle.com/p/the-this-is-us-2019-golden-globes-snubs-have-fans-beyond-upset-13255297). For me, just the fact that the media is making a big deal of it, it’s staggering.

I mean, they got asked about it? That pretty much forces them to talk.  Perhaps you’re right about the media making it a big deal, though this could be because This Is Us was still a major Emmy player this year (even if it got fewer noms) and the ratings are still pretty high.

ReplyCopy URL
    furbul
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

I think there is a chance after all: Helena Bonham Carter, Alexis Bledel (we don’t know if Strahovski and Dowd will be featured much this season and if they’re gonna get any material), Chrissy Metz (?, lol), Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, they got asked about it? That pretty much forces them to talk. Perhaps you’re right about the media making it a big deal, though this could be because This Is Us was still a major Emmy player this year (even if it got fewer noms) and the ratings are still pretty high.

that is what I thought too. Plus, Chrissy Metz spoke something like 3 seconds about Mandy Moore’s snubs and Milo said he doesn’t give a damn about awards. What’s so wrong with that? Of course the public will be disappointed, it’s one of the biggest shows on tv right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh my God, I deserve to be banned.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Lead Actor notable contenders

• Sterling K. Brown – This Is Us
    • Milo Ventimiglia – This Is Us
    • Richard Madden – Bodyguard
    • Stephan James – Homecoming
    • Kit Harington – Game of Thrones
    • Billy Porter – Pose
    • Jason Bateman – Ozark
    • Bob Odenkirk – Better Call Saul
    • Liev Schreiber – Ray Donovan
    • John Krasinski – Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan

and Drama Lead Actress

• Olivia Colman – The Crown
    • Elisabeth Moss – The Handmaid’s Tale
    • Mandy Moore – This Is Us
    • Emilia Clarke – Game of Thrones
    • Laura Linney – Ozark
    • Robin Wright – House of Cards
    • Sandra Oh – Killing Eve
    • Jodie Comer – Killing Eve
    • Julia Roberts – Homecoming
    • Viola Davis – How to Get Away with Murder
    ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

With GoT premiering on April 14, BLL can premiere on May 26, and therefore, with the new rule, be eligible for those emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    HappyLittleWorkingSong
    Participant
    Topics:

With GoT premiering on April 14, BLL can premiere on May 26, and therefore, with the new rule, be eligible for those emmys.

According to these new rules, only episodes aired prior to the start of nomination-round voting can be included in eligibility. Since 2019 voting starts on June 10, if BLL premiered on May 26, only three episodes would be eligible, and HBO would not want to give just three out of seven episodes for consideration and run the risk of the Academy just forgetting about those last four episodes by 2020. Also, I love BLL, but I wouldn’t vote for ANY show if it only had three episodes available, and the voters would likely not want to either. They’ll wait a little longer, until probably June or maybe even July, so that they can all go together.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oddball
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if You can generate enough buzz for itself to propel Penn Badgley to a nomination, especially now that it’s Netflix’s baby (and coincidentally the most popular TV series on IMDb at the moment, over Black Mirror and Game of Thrones, among others). Of course there are a few problems to overcome: unless the buzz manages to take on some kind of critical mass, Netflix will likely give Jason Bateman and Golden Globe winner Richard Madden precedence in campaigning; people are also kind of turned off by the show’s premise.

ReplyCopy URL
    callum_brown1
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there anything airing between True Detective & Game of Thrones? Chernobyl or Catherine the Great?

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there anything airing between True Detective & Game of Thrones? Chernobyl or Catherine the Great?

I suspect it will be Big Little Lies. True Detective has a rumtime of seven weeks and in between with Game of Thrones’ premiere there are six weeks. They can pair the first two episodes together just like True Detective.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s a chance that’s indeed the case but it sounds weird that it would air almost two months before GoT and HBO won’t do any sort of hype by now, while GoT’s two-months-later date is already revealed (and it’s already raletively late in the year for only the date announcement). I also believe they might take the Emmy’s strategy in consideration, for BLL and GoT competing against each other will just be bad for both. I think they’ll air BLL for the next round of Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 515 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.