Home Forums Television 2019 Emmys (Post-2018 Ceremony)

2019 Emmys (Post-2018 Ceremony)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 536 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
49 years ago
( +19 hidden )
replies
views
users
Eden
Ivo Stoyanov
Mukund
  • Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Predicted winners; Drama Series: GOT Actor: Menzies Actress: Colman S. Actor: Dinklage S. Actress: Streep Directing: GOT Writing: BLL Comedy Series: Veep Actress: Veep Actor: Danson S. Actor: Hale S. Actress: Chlumsky Directing: Veep Writing: Catastrophe Limited Series: True Detective Actor: Grant Actress: Adams S. Actor: Whishaw S. Actress: Clarkson Directing: True Detective Writing: True Detective

I think GoT will probably win writing as well. Writing was the only loss for BLL at the main telecast.

I would love it if Chlumsky won.

Do you think Ali could win for TD?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Predicted winners; Drama Series: GOT Actor: Menzies Actress: Colman S. Actor: Dinklage S. Actress: Streep Directing: GOT Writing: BLL Comedy Series: Veep Actress: Veep Actor: Danson S. Actor: Hale S. Actress: Chlumsky Directing: Veep Writing: Catastrophe Limited Series: True Detective Actor: Grant Actress: Adams S. Actor: Whishaw S. Actress: Clarkson Directing: True Detective Writing: True Detective

I think GoT will probably win writing as well. Writing was the only loss for BLL at the main telecast.

I would love it if Chlumsky won.

Do you think Ali could win for TD?

Mahershala Ali could win both an Emmy for True Detective and another Supporting Actor Oscar for Green Book next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

GOT directing is NOT a lock. If they submit three episodes, we might see vote-splitting. I do think GOT will be FAR ahead of everyone else in this category, but if Nutter, Sapochnik, and Weiss & Benioff all get in, that might be a problem.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol what has happened to GoldDerby? Tempted to keep my profile pic as it is haha

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

This is so messy omg RIP to anybody who saw my face for 2 seconds

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

GoT for directing will be very problematic and this year proved that. Perhaps if only Sapochnik and Nutter will be nominated and Sapochnik will have the much larger spectacle we could win, but I wouldn’t bet on it right now

#LenaHeadey2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

We don’t even know if season 3 of True Detective is going to be good like season 1 or bad as season 2, it is pretty early to say that is winning.

It’s called a prediction. That’s sort of the whole point of this website.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

GoT for directing will be very problematic and this year proved that. Perhaps if only Sapochnik and Nutter will be nominated and Sapochnik will have the much larger spectacle we could win, but I wouldn’t bet on it right now

I just want Fabian Wagner to win Cinematography for Sapochnik’s episodes. The Emmys owe him one for snubbing his submission “The Winds of Winter.” He should have submitted “Battle of the Bastards” as evidenced by that episode winning 6 other Emmys and that episode later winning ASC, but as the old saying goes hindsight is 20/20. To this day Game of Thrones has yet to win Cinematography and I would rather it be for him than Johnathan Freeman who is DP for the series finale, though I would be fine with both.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Dear lord, Trevor Noah is a wise and clever man. I would love to see him nominated for Variety Series Writing, his Daily Show I think clearly is more deserving than Full Frontal and even Colbert’s Late Show by this point. Very insightful stuff right here. “People know you, and then there’s like the you from your internet search history.”

“Trevor Doesn’t Buy Senator Orrin Hatch’s Defense of Brett Kavanaugh”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0jXqKXoHTQ

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

True Detective will have to be arguably as good if not better than Season 1 to win. If the narrative is “it’s good but not AS good” the passion will probably go somewhere else. The only reason that didn’t screw Versace is how crappy a year it was for limited.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

True Detective will have to be arguably as good if not better than Season 1 to win. If the narrative is “it’s good but not AS good” the passion will probably go somewhere else. The only reason that didn’t screw Versace is how crappy a year it was for limited.

I also think Versace being amazing in of itself helped it win Limited, but that’s just me I guess. I completely agree that True Detective will need to be better-received than Season 1 was in order to win Limited Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Talking about the sake of ‘predictions’, I’d like to add we can’t even know if the Academy will like the 2nd season of Big Little Lies nearly as much as they liked the first.

Its not like a regular continuation season of a regular series, the first season was based on a book that told a story from start to finish, and even though the author is involved in season 2 it very well might be another unnecessary sequel to an already complete story only because of the success of the first installment. Meryl Streep will at least have a nomination, but I wouldn’t count on a single year sweep as an indication for an Academy-favorite show

#LenaHeadey2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Talking about the sake of ‘predictions’, I’d like to add we can’t even know if the Academy will like the 2nd season of Big Little Lies nearly as much as they liked the first. Its not like a regular continuation season of a regular series, the first season was based on a book that told a story from start to finish, and even though the author is involved in season 2 it very well might be another unnecessary sequel to an already complete story only because of the success of the first installment. Meryl Streep will at least have a nomination, but I wouldn’t count on a single year sweep as an indication for an Academy-favorite show

Maybe they’ll nominate it for a lot and we’ll predict it for everything only for it to be shut out at the main ceremony, like another show that went off book season 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Drama Series: Better Call Saul, Big Little Lies, The Crown, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid’s Tale, This is Us, plus one newbie

Writing: David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, David E. Kelley, Bruce Miller, Peter Morgan, plus two newbies

Directing: David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Stephen Daldry, Vince Gilligan, David Nutter, Jeremy Podeswa, Miguel Sapochnik

Lead Actor: Jason Bateman, Sterling K. Brown, Kit Harington, Bob Odenkirk, Milo Ventimiglia, plus one newbie

Lead Actress: Olivia Colman, Nicole Kidman, Elisabeth Moss, Sandra Oh, Reese Witherspoon, Robin Wright

Supporting Actor: Jonathan Banks, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Tobias Menzies, plus two newbies

Supporting Actress: Helena Bonham Carter, Laura Dern, Ann Dowd, Lena Headey, Meryl Streep, Maisie Williams

Comedy Series: Atlanta, Barry, GLOW, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Silicon Valley, Veep, plus one newbie

Writing: Alec Berg & Bill Hader, Donald Glover, Stephen Glover, David Mandel, Lew Morton, Liz Sarnoff

Directing: Alec Berg, Donald Glover, Bill Hader, David Mandel, Becky Martin, Amy Sherman-Palladino

Lead Actor: Sacha Baron Cohen, Donald Glover, Bill Hader, William H. Macy, plus two newbies

Lead Actress: Alison Brie, Rachel Brosnahan, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Issa Rae, Lily Tomlin, plus one newbie

Supporting Actor: Tony Hale, Brian Tyree Henry, Marc Maron, Tony Shalhoub, Matt Walsh, Henry Winkler

Supporting Actress: Zazie Beetz, Alex Borstein, Anna Chlumsky, Betty Gilpin, Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Series: Better Call Saul, Big Little Lies, The Crown, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid’s Tale, This is Us, plus one newbie

Writing: David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, David E. Kelley, Bruce Miller, Peter Morgan, plus two newbies

Directing: David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Stephen Daldry, Vince Gilligan, David Nutter, Jeremy Podeswa, Miguel Sapochnik

Lead Actor: Jason Bateman, Sterling K. Brown, Kit Harington, Bob Odenkirk, Milo Ventimiglia, plus one newbie

Lead Actress: Olivia Colman, Nicole Kidman, Elisabeth Moss, Sandra Oh, Reese Witherspoon, Robin Wright

Supporting Actor: Jonathan Banks, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Tobias Menzies, plus two newbies

Supporting Actress: Helena Bonham Carter, Laura Dern, Ann Dowd, Lena Headey, Meryl Streep, Maisie Williams

Comedy Series: Atlanta, Barry, GLOW, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Silicon Valley, Veep, plus one newbie

Writing: Alec Berg & Bill Hader, Donald Glover, Stephen Glover, David Mandel, Lew Morton, Liz Sarnoff

Directing: Alec Berg, Donald Glover, Bill Hader, David Mandel, Becky Martin, Amy Sherman-Palladino

Lead Actor: Sacha Baron Cohen, Donald Glover, Bill Hader, William H. Macy, plus two newbies

Lead Actress: Alison Brie, Rachel Brosnahan, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Issa Rae, Lily Tomlin, plus one newbie

Supporting Actor: Tony Hale, Brian Tyree Henry, Marc Maron, Tony Shalhoub, Matt Walsh, Henry Winkler

Supporting Actress: Zazie Beetz, Alex Borstein, Anna Chlumsky, Betty Gilpin, Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon

What about Andrea Arnold for BLL in directing?

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.