Home Forums Television 2019 Emmys (Post-2018 Ceremony)

2019 Emmys (Post-2018 Ceremony)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 526 through 535 (of 535 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Eden
ivostoyanov
Mukund
  • Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

I think most of them don’t want to face GoT head on and they are ready to take the risk. Well, it’ll just make easier for GoT to sweep and I’m so here for it.

Me too! I even think Headey might have a chance now, but it’s better to not go down that path so early (or at all).

I’m also starting to fear HBO will damage themselves in the best director category by submitting too much- Sapochnik might survive a split with Nutter just like he did with Bender when one of the episodes was just undeniable, (unlike this year) but a three-way split with D&D if the Academy will be overly generous might explode the whole thing (The Pacific’s ridiculous scenario all over again). But again it’s waaayy to early

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I’m honestly already annoyed at the fact that Game of Thrones could really sweep almost every above the line category because everyone else is afraid. Breaking Bad’s last season lost directing to True Detective and I honestly can’t imagine any GOT final episode lives up to Ozymandias.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mukund
    Topics:

Breaking Bad’s last season lost directing to True Detective and I honestly can’t imagine any GOT final episode lives up to Ozymandias.

What has BrBa losing directing got anything to do with GoT possibly winning next year?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

What has BrBa losing directing got anything to do with GoT possibly winning next year?

I’m just saying its not like shows, such as True Detective, were skipping seasons out of fear of competing with Breaking Bad’s last season. GOT’s inevitable sweep feels less earned when a lot of its competition is taking the year off.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

Is it possible for Kia Stevens to break in for GLOW?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Is it possible for Kia Stevens to break in for GLOW?

That would be amazing. She’s so underrated.

Dear Gold Derby, please add Ibrahima Gueye to the prediction center 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

I’m honestly already annoyed at the fact that Game of Thrones could really sweep almost every above the line category because everyone else is afraid. Breaking Bad’s last season lost directing to True Detective and I honestly can’t imagine any GOT final episode lives up to Ozymandias.

The Winds of Winter is better than Ozymandias IMO. As far as I can see they can definitely pull something like that again

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I don’t think Game of Thrones is going to be able to win 3 acting awards and even if it does it’s because they have an advantage with nobody wanting to compete.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

With Stranger Things out and BLL, The Crown and THT possibly out too, do anyone think that have a chance to The Good Fight earn some nominations (Outstanding Drama Series, Lead Actress in a Drama Series)? It’s such a good show and the academy already gave several nominations (and awards) to The Good Wife in the past.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 526 through 535 (of 535 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.