Home Forums Television 2019 Emmys Variety Categories

2019 Emmys Variety Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Kay
Brayden Fitzs..
sofan
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I wanted to make a different post and not have it in the creation post. I asked this last year as well, but as far as I recall no one ever responded. Why does Jimmy Kimmel keep getting nominated?!?! He is a bad and offensive interviewer, he is dull and boring, and his show could not be more boring either. He is not entertaining at all! How about Conan? He is the best late night host in these celebrity interviews shows, he’s actually funny, yes he may not put much effort in his show anymore and his new set actually looks atrocious and cheap, but I just can no longer stand seeing Jimmy Kimmel keep getting nominated and also Jimmy “fake” Fallon always being a stronger than Conan contender as well. I attribute this to popularity, and the fact that Fallon and Kimmel are on bigger networks and have higher ratings, otherwise this is obviously not voting for quality but voting for an industry “friend” (aka Jimmy Kimmel). Ok, to be real, I enjoyed back in the day his Walk of Fame videos but now they’re all trash, uninteresting and 100% fake. Jimmy Fallon on the other hand is the definition of cringe whether that’s interviewing his guests or doing sketches which he actually no longer does anyways, but at least he’s not gonna get nominated. The only fun thing he did was the games but he stopped doing those too.
    Ik that if I say this isn’t an anger post it will not be believable, so I’m just gonna say thanks for attending my rant.

100% with you on the two Jimmy’s, Corden is also just as cringe as Fallon imo But is worse because he tries so to come across as likeable to an American audience it’s unbearable.

The most fun shows to watch were Conan & Busy Tonight but neither of them are (unfortunately getting nominated)

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Jimmy Kimmel omg you dragged him for filth, I-

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this year will be the year we finally see new nominees here. I’m predicting snubs for Jimmy Kimmel and James Corden (I don’t even recall if they were nominated last year so I’m not sure if these are real snubs)

Anyway, my predicted five are:

• Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
    • Late Show with Stephen Colbert
    • Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
    • Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj
    • Late Night with Seth Meyers

For Sketch series I have the top 6 from the odds.

• Saturday Night Live
    • Documentary Now
    • At Home with Amy Sedaris
    • Who is America
    • Tracey Ullman’s Show
    • Drunk History
    ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this year will be the year we finally see new nominees here. I’m predicting snubs for Jimmy Kimmel and James Corden (I don’t even recall if they were nominated last year so I’m not sure if these are real snubs) Anyway, my predicted five are:

• Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
    • Late Show with Stephen Colbert
    • Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
    • Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj
    • Late Night with Seth Meyers

They were both nominated. You also have Trevor Noah snubbed, ouch.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Another boring and unfunny host. Half these people need to get fired. They hire them just because they’ve built a name through the years, it’s sad.

I disagree. I think Seth is funny and respectful to his guests. He also has a better-structured show than people like Fallon or Corden.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Kimmel is very vulnerable.  Both PGA and WGA dropped him this year and DGA dropped him years ago, plus he went from a win to a snub at Critics’ Choice.  Series was nearly the show’s only Emmy nomination last year anyway (technical direction).

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

So John Oliver seems like a lock to win since they LOVE his show (Fan of him but can’t stand his show persoanlly….Colbert and Kimmel are my favs) but rooting for Drunk History for sketch series 🙂 (HUGE SNL FAN BUT I think Drunk history is killing it so far this season….binge watching it and I’m only three episodes in this season so I’m a bit behind lol)

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  vinny.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Copy + Paste.

Next.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Network late night:

Colbert
    Meyers
    Corden
    Kimmel
    Fallon

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Trevor Noah doesn’t drop out.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.