Home Forums Television 2019 Television Critics Association awards thread

2019 Television Critics Association awards thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 280 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Riley Chow
Pulp
  • Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m figuring since the class of 2018 were announced June 19 of last year, my guess is either next Tuesday or Wednesday, we’ll know who is nominated. Ceremony is August 3 at the Beverly Hilton.

For those new here, the categories:
    INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT, DRAMA
    INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT, COMEDY
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT, NEWS/INFORMATION
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT, REALITY
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT, YOUTH PROGRAMMING
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT, SKETCH/VARIETY
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT, MOVIE/MINISERIES
    OUTSTANDING NEW PROGRAM
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT, DRAMA
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT, COMEDY
    PROGRAM OF THE YEAR

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s taking Program of the Year? The most popular drama was critically panned, and all the great ones would be worthy of a drama win but don’t have the popularity for an “of the year title”.  I could see the nominees being exclusively comedies like Barry, TGP, Fleabag, and Limited Series like Chernobyl and When They See Us.

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s taking Program of the Year? The most popular drama was critically panned, and all the great ones would be worthy of a drama win but don’t have the popularity for an “of the year title”. I could see the nominees being exclusively comedies like Barry, TGP, Fleabag, and Limited Series like Chernobyl and When They See Us.

Probably recency bias but that’s a list of nominees worthy of best of the decade.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s taking Program of the Year? The most popular drama was critically panned, and all the great ones would be worthy of a drama win but don’t have the popularity for an “of the year title”. I could see the nominees being exclusively comedies like Barry, TGP, Fleabag, and Limited Series like Chernobyl and When They See Us.

Yes, there will be no dramas, Chernobyl is going to win and GoT will be completely snubbed, maybe with the exception of Emilia Clarke.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am not worried, but lord help us if the critics declare Emilia Clarke one of the six best male or female, lead or supporting performances in a drama, miniseries or movie this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

All I know is that Patty Arquette better walk home with many statuettes.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Mahershala Ali. That’s it!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama

–  Ali

– Porter

– Arquette

– Adams

– Madden

– Oh

Alt: Comer and Williams

Comedy

– Waller-Bridge

– Brosnahan

– Louis-Dreyfus

– Hader

– Douglas

– Carrey

Alt: Bell, Danson, Rodriguez, Bloom, Adlon, Arkin
    EDIT: I actually think Carrey will make it

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  EsOS.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  EsOS.

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Some data that can help us:

-In the last years only Elisabeth Moss, Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys and Bob Odenkirk have been nominated more than once, Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh are very far from those four performances, especially Oh, so she is not coming back. Comer may return since she and Oh are the only ones eligible from last year.

-Odenkirk was snub for the third season, so I do not see him coming back for the fourth, maybe for the last season like Jon Hamm did, but who knows.

-All the drama nominees in the TCA in the last 5 years have also received an equivalent Emmy nomination with the exception of Jodie Comer, although, most of us think that she is not going to be the only exception for much longer.

-Patricia Arquette – The Act & Escape at Dannemora seems like the only lock for nomination, which make her the most probable winner as well.

I may be wrong, but I do not see Amy Adams and Mahershala Ali nominated, they left many people cold, so my predictions for Individual Achievement in Drama is:

Patricia Arquette – The Act & Escape at Dannemora
    Michelle Williams – Fosse/Verdon
    Jodie Comer – Killing Eve
    Emilia Clarke – Game of Thrones (IMO – very deserving)
    Julia Garner – Ozark, Dirty John and Maniac
    Ben Whishaw – A Very English Scandal

Spoilers: Joey King – The Act, Sam Rockwell – Fosse/Verdon, Richard Madden – Bodyguard, Jharrel Jerome – When They See Us, Bob Odenkirk – Better Call Saul, Amy Adams – Sharp Object, Mahershala Ali – True Detective.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke’s performance is definitely deserving of a nomination here in my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    XOXO
    Participant
    Topics:

I am not worried, but lord help us if the critics declare Emilia Clarke one of the six best male or female, lead or supporting performances in a drama, miniseries or movie this season.

If we can get through Yalitza Aparicio’s atrocious Oscar nomination, then I’m sure you and the others will get through this too. My prayers are with you.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

No way the already no-longer-buzzed-about Kominsky Method is going to take 2 spots in Comedy Achievement. None.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

I think either Bell or Danson will make it but I didn’t know which one so I went with Arkin.

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 280 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.