Home Forums Television 2019 Television Critics Association awards thread

2019 Television Critics Association awards thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ivo Stoyanov
Guest 2018
Mukund
  • Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking Chernobyl wins Program of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Winners Predictions

• Program of the Year- Fleabag
    • Achievement in Comedy- Fleabag
    • Achievement in Drama- Pose
    • Achievement in Miniseries- Chernobyl
    • New Program- Russian Doll
    • Individual Achievement in Comedy- Phoebe Waller Bridge
    • Individual Achievement in Drama- Jodie Comer

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Predictions:

PROGRAM OF THE YEAR
    Chernobyl (HBO)

ACHIEVEMENT IN COMEDY
    Fleabag (Amazon)

ACHIEVEMENT IN DRAMA
    Pose (FX)

ACHIEVEMENT IN MINISERIES
    When They See Us (Netflix)

NEW PROGRAM
    Russian Doll (Netflix)

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT IN COMEDY
    Phoebe Waller Bridge- Fleabag (Amazon)

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT IN DRAMA
    Patricia Arquette- Escape at Dannemora (Showtime)

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Can you imagine Paul’s meltdown when Fleabag beats Good Place for Comedy?

ReplyCopy URL
    paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Individual Achievement in a Drama will go to either Amy or Jodie. Patty feels vulnerable. They did not nominate her for The Act, which everyone seems to forget. Ditto Billy Porter. They could have given him credit for his AHS part too.

My predictions:
    Will win: Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    Runner-Up: Amy Adams, Sharp Objects or Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon

Billy Porter, POSE
    Patricia Arquette, Escape at Dannemora
    Christine Baranski, The Good Fight

I was actually pretty shocked by Jared Harris’ snub.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’ll be White Michelle, it just felt like every critic on earth was talking about her performance, and how it cemented her as one of the best actresses of her generation (not that she wasn’t already). It could be Arquette if enough voters are still thinking about The Act despite her not being nominated for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know the rules for the nomination process? I’m wondering because I don’t understand why Carrie Coon got nominated for The Leftovers and Fargo but Patricia Arquette only got nominated for Escape at Dannemora.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know the rules for the nomination process? I’m wondering because I don’t understand why Carrie Coon got nominated for The Leftovers and Fargo but Patricia Arquette only got nominated for Escape at Dannemora.

I’m just going to guess that they may have two performances in the top five, so they slump them together and give the next actress the fifth spot. But I’m probably wrong.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Individual Achievement in a Drama will go to either Amy or Jodie. Patty feels vulnerable. They did not nominate her for The Act, which everyone seems to forget. Ditto Billy Porter. They could have given him credit for his AHS part too.

My predictions:
    Will win: Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    Runner-Up: Amy Adams, Sharp Objects or Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon

Billy Porter, POSE
    Patricia Arquette, Escape at Dannemora
    Christine Baranski, The Good Fight

I was actually pretty shocked by Jared Harris’ snub.

Erm, why? He didn’t do anything noteworthy in the show. And it’s been a long time since that show has fallen off critics’ radar.

It’s not like Paulson needed to be given another credit for AHS when she won for O.J either.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Roney Moore.
    ReplyCopy URL
    paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

Erm, why? He didn’t do anything noteworthy in the show. And it’s been a long time since that show has fallen off critics’ radar. It’s not like Paulson needed to be given another credit for AHS when she won for O.J either.

I agree but Paulson had the performance of the decade whereas Porter, whose performance I find decent and very good and of course heartbreaking yet he’s nowhere near Paulson’s Marcia Clark, might have gotten in due to his bold statements these past months about gender equality and all the attention he’s been getting in terms of his red carpet appearances. Idk. It’s kind of hard to win when you’re in such company (Jodie, Amy and mostly Michelle who gave career-defining performance) and his performance is not undeniable. Had he been nominated for AHS then a win wouldn’t be out of the question. Ditto Patty Arquette. I think Billy will eventually win the Emmy though.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Ditto Billy Porter. They could have given him credit for his AHS part too.

It’s like saying why Natasha Lyonne isn’t nominated for Orange is the New Black as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s like saying why Natasha Lyonne isn’t nominated for Orange is the New Black as well.

No, it’s not like saying that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Erm, why? He didn’t do anything noteworthy in the show. And it’s been a long time since that show has fallen off critics’ radar. It’s not like Paulson needed to be given another credit for AHS when she won for O.J either.

I agree but Paulson had the performance of the decade whereas Porter, whose performance I find decent and very good and of course heartbreaking yet he’s nowhere near Paulson’s Marcia Clark, might have gotten in due to his bold statements these past months about gender equality and all the attention he’s been getting in terms of his red carpet appearances. Idk. It’s kind of hard to win when you’re in such company (Jodie, Amy and mostly Michelle who gave career-defining performance) and his performance is not undeniable. Had he been nominated for AHS then a win wouldn’t be out of the question. Ditto Patty Arquette. I think Billy will eventually win the Emmy though.

Not at all, I agree with Roney. A mention for Billy Porter for AHS would have been out of place, all the male witches were ridiculous and were there for shock value or for humor purposes, roles played by Ryan Murphy favorites. Porter is one of Murphy’s new muses. Murphy loves to show off his favorite actors, Lea and Darren had more solos than all the others actors on Glee combined, and after that, they were also the only ones that he worked with again. What a coincidence hahaha.

And Porter on Pose also has a career-defining performance, he has no fault that he has lesser career than Michelle and Amy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

boss wrote:

No, it’s not like saying that.

Yes, it is, since she was excellent on the sixth season of Orange and she was also a co-lead, while Porter did nothing on AHS, no one even remembers his character’s name.

ReplyCopy URL
    paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

You all love getting out of topic. I’m talking about support and why I THINK Billy or Patty feel vulnerable to my eyes.  Y’all just starting to judge performances and who was memorable or note-worthy as if we don’t have our opinions when it comes to performances.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.