Home Forums Television 2020 BAFTA TV Awards postponed

2020 BAFTA TV Awards postponed

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
gabarnes43
forwardswill
FYC : J. Smit..
  • Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

Here is the official announcement

Following the latest government advice on coronavirus (COVID-19), we regret to announce that the British Academy Television Craft Awards and Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards, originally scheduled for 26 April and 17 May respectively, will be postponed until later in the year. The announcement of the nominations, scheduled for next Thursday 26 March, will also be postponed until closer to the ceremony. We’re working with all our partners to explore options for new dates and we hope to be in a position to confirm them in the coming weeks.

We are continually monitoring the situation ​to ensure we are prepared for the challenges we may face in the coming weeks and months. We are closely following the advice of the World Health Organisation, NHS and GOV UK/Public Health England, and the safety of our members, guests and staff remains our top priority.”

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Think this will bode well for Killing Eve as its third season would have aired prior to the ceremony.

FYC Emmys-
    Limited-
    UNBELIEVABLE, Quiz, Years and Years, Defending Jacob in all Categories
    Merritt Wever, Toni Collette, Matthew Macfadyen, Emma Thompson, Chris Evans & Michelle Dockery

Drama-
    STRANGER THINGS, The Morning Show, Big Little Lies, The Crown, Killing Eve
    - Jennifer Aniston, VIOLA DAVIS, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh, Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman
    - FIONA SHAW, HBC

Comedy-
    SCHITTS CREEK, Dead to Me, Sex Education
    - Catherine O’Hara, Annie Murphy, Christina Applegate, Linda Ca

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I don’t understand the point in delaying the nominations but whatever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

Maybe the jury hasn’t voted yet? I don’t know

Hang on so if the BAFTAs are delayed this year then what’s the point of keeping them later in the year.

They should just permanently move to February to coincide with the film awards.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Hang on so if the BAFTAs are delayed this year then what’s the point of keeping them later in the year. They should just permanently move to February to coincide with the film awards.

They can’t do them both in the same ceremony

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by gabarnes43.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by gabarnes43.

FYC Emmys-
    Limited-
    UNBELIEVABLE, Quiz, Years and Years, Defending Jacob in all Categories
    Merritt Wever, Toni Collette, Matthew Macfadyen, Emma Thompson, Chris Evans & Michelle Dockery

Drama-
    STRANGER THINGS, The Morning Show, Big Little Lies, The Crown, Killing Eve
    - Jennifer Aniston, VIOLA DAVIS, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh, Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman
    - FIONA SHAW, HBC

Comedy-
    SCHITTS CREEK, Dead to Me, Sex Education
    - Catherine O’Hara, Annie Murphy, Christina Applegate, Linda Ca

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Maybe the jury hasn’t voted yet? I don’t know

The juries began March 3rd and ended today.

Source

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

They can’t do them both in the same ceremony

I miswrote. I didn’t mean in the same ceremony but I meant hold them around a similar time (which is what they did before 2001).

Part of me wishes for that scenario part of me wants them to host the BAFTAs in the late Summer of this year and continue with the May slot because apart from HBO and FX limited series contenders and the odd Netflix comedy nominees, that month just generally seems to boring in television.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

Where do you reckon things stand with these awards now? I wish they had already announced the nominees and then just read out the winners a’la the 2008 Golden Globes.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.