Home Forums Television 2020 BAFTA TV Nominations Predictions (It's never too early…)

2020 BAFTA TV Nominations Predictions (It's never too early…)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 213 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
FYC : J. Smit..
forwardswill
gabarnes43
  • Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Source from The Independent

‘The 2020 Bafta Television Awards will be broadcast from a closed studio, it has been announced, after being delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Usually, stars of the small screen attend a glamorous ceremony every year to collect their accolades, but this year host Richard Ayoade will present the awards from behind closed doors, and winners will give their acceptance speeches via video link.’

FYC Emmys-
    Limited-
    UNBELIEVABLE, Quiz, Years and Years, Defending Jacob in all Categories
    Merritt Wever, Toni Collette, Matthew Macfadyen, Emma Thompson, Chris Evans & Michelle Dockery

Drama-
    STRANGER THINGS, The Morning Show, Big Little Lies, The Crown, Killing Eve
    - Jennifer Aniston, VIOLA DAVIS, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh, Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman
    - FIONA SHAW, HBC

Comedy-
    SCHITTS CREEK, Dead to Me, Sex Education
    - Catherine O’Hara, Annie Murphy, Christina Applegate, Linda Ca

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I hope they still have category presenters contributing via live link or something. My one issue with watching the Canadian Screen Awards is that it became very repetitive to the extent that if I wasn’t rooting for Schitt’s Creek it would have been unwatchable. If they want to air this on BBC One primetime they’re gonna need to pull something special out the bag or people just won’t stay tuned in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Do we know if the nominations will be live streamed on Youtube or will they just release them on their website

FYC Emmys-
    Limited-
    UNBELIEVABLE, Quiz, Years and Years, Defending Jacob in all Categories
    Merritt Wever, Toni Collette, Matthew Macfadyen, Emma Thompson, Chris Evans & Michelle Dockery

Drama-
    STRANGER THINGS, The Morning Show, Big Little Lies, The Crown, Killing Eve
    - Jennifer Aniston, VIOLA DAVIS, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh, Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman
    - FIONA SHAW, HBC

Comedy-
    SCHITTS CREEK, Dead to Me, Sex Education
    - Catherine O’Hara, Annie Murphy, Christina Applegate, Linda Ca

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

I hope they still have category presenters contributing via live link or something. My one issue with watching the Canadian Screen Awards is that it became very repetitive to the extent that if I wasn’t rooting for Schitt’s Creek it would have been unwatchable. If they want to air this on BBC One primetime they’re gonna need to pull something special out the bag or people just won’t stay tuned in.

I guess they’re planning to do something like they did with the stay at home Eurovision tribute last week?

I do hope this doesn’t become a hit and therefore in the future BAFTA decides to go for this format as budget saving because I actually really like the ceremony. The only thing that I am gutted about this time is that if Stephen Graham (and/or Kelly MacDonald if she gets double nominated) wins Lead and Supporting that we won’t get to see his surprise à la Olivia Colman at winning twice in one night.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

RE: Stephen Graham, I’m more gutted that if he wins the BAFTA, he won’t receive it in person from fellow Liverpudlian Jodie Comer (if she had been down to present that particular award).

She paid tribute to him in her Best Actress speech last year (as he played a key role in her career as an actress) so it would have been fitting to see her give him the award properly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Final Predictions for Must-See Moment of the Year :

Fleabag – Kneel
    Gavin and Stacey – Nessa Proposes to Smithy
    Killing Eve – ‘Killing Eve’
    Line of Duty – Corbett Rescues the Prostitutes
    Newsnight – Emily Maitlis and Prince Andrew Interview
    Years and Years – The Beach

Possibilities : Coronation Street (Sinead’s Death), The Crown (Aberfan Cry), Derry Girls (James is a Derry Girl), The Durrells (The Durrells Leave Corfu), Game of Thrones (Arya Stabs the Night King), Luther (Night Bus), Years and Years (I Don’t Give a F***)

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Must See Moment Predictions
    ‘Kneel’ – Fleabag
    The Night King’s Demise – Game of Thrones
    The Proposal – Gavin & Stacey
    Corbett’s Death – Line of Duty
    Prince Andrew Interview – Newsnight
    Frock Destroyers – Ru Paul’s Drag Race UK

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

The Must See Moment of the Year nominees have been revealed :

– Coronation Street: The Death of Sinead Osbourne
    – Fleabag: The Confessional Scene
    – Game of Thrones: Arya Kills the Night King
    – Gavin & Stacey: Nessa proposes to Smithy
    – Love Island: Michael recouples after Casa Amor
    – Line of Duty: John Corbett’s death

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-06-03/bafta-2020-must-see-moment-vote/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

Clearly, that was the moment of the UK TV year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

A very fair set of well-watched nominees

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

Clearly, that was the moment of the UK TV year.

You’d like to think so but it’s worth noting that Thrones has lost in this category twice before (to Planet Earth and Bodyguard).

Personally Thrones would get my vote but I think Gavin & Stacey or dare I say it, Love Island might well be the two main contenders. Worth remembering it’s a public vote so anything can happen lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

It doesn’t bode well for the nominations coming tomorrow that this news was supposed to emerge at 8am BST on BAFTA twitter but instead it leaked in the press at midnight and BAFTA has still said nothing about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

It doesn’t bode well for the nominations coming tomorrow that this news was supposed to emerge at 8am BST on BAFTA twitter but instead it leaked in the press at midnight and BAFTA has still said nothing about it.

I agree, there’s still nothing from BAFTA or Virgin Media about today’s nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-06-03/bafta-2020-must-see-moment-vote/

The Frock Destroyers did not invent pop music just for this kind of erasure.

Fingers crossed Drag Race UK is nominated tomorrow for Reality/Constructed Factual and Entertainment Performance.

My winner? Fleabag
    The winner? Gavin & Stacey

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I think this race is solely Fleabag vs Gavin and Stacey (with Gavin and Stacey having the upper hand) and with Coronation Street being the dark horse (I’d be shocked if it won but pleasantly). The popular vote love for Love Island in the UK seems to be fading since the incident earlier this year, Game of Thrones has failed to win this category when it had better reviewed seasons and if Line of Duty couldn’t win for Huntley’s narrow escape it won’t win for this.

My personal vote : Line of Duty
    The winner : Gavin and Stacey
    The runner up : Fleabag
    The dark horse : Coronation Street

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 213 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.