Home Forums Television 2020 BAFTA TV Nominations Predictions (It's never too early…)

2020 BAFTA TV Nominations Predictions (It's never too early…)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 211 through 219 (of 219 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
forwardswill
Gabarnes43
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

The popular vote love for Love Island in the UK seems to be fading since the incident earlier this year,

If it was something involve Maura that got nominated I think it would have a chance considering she was the star of season 5.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

The BAFTA TV Craft Awards are on tonight via the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwFD-ZV4x7o&feature=youtu.be

I expect Chernobyl to dominate though it wouldn’t surprise me if BAFTA tried to spread a bit of love in some categories.

Here is the full list of nominees: http://awards.bafta.org/award/2020/tvcraft

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The BAFTA TV Craft Awards are on tonight via the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwFD-ZV4x7o&feature=youtu.be I expect Chernobyl to dominate though it wouldn’t surprise me if BAFTA tried to spread a bit of love in some categories. Here is the full list of nominees: http://awards.bafta.org/award/2020/tvcraft

I think the latter. We saw last year how BAFTA spread the love despite Killing Eve receiving the same amount of nominations (and although Chernobyl is a better programme Killing Eve was far bigger at the time it got those nominations). I expect BAFTA does the same tonight.

Final winner predictions for Craft awards:

Breakthrough Talent : Laurie Nunn, Sex Education (RU: Aisling Bea, This Way Up)
    Costume Design : Beecham House (RU: Game of Thrones)
    Director : Factual : Inside China’s Gulag (RU: Leaving Neverland)
    Director : Fiction : Harry BradbeerFleabag (RU: Johan Renck, Chernobyl/Shane Meadows, The Virtues)
    Director : Multi Camera : Glastonbury 2019 (RU: The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance)
    Editing : Factual : Leaving Neverland (RU: The Rise and Fall of Harvey Weinstein)
    Editing ; Fiction : Giri/Haji (RU: Fleabag)
    Makeup and Hair Design : Catherine the Great (RU: Peaky Blinders)
    Original Music : Chernobyl (RU: Killing Eve)
    Photography and Lighting : His Dark Materials (RU: The Crown)
    Production Design : Chernobyl (RU: The Crown)
    Casting : Top Boy (RU: Sex Education)
    Sound – Fiction : Chernobyl (RU: A Christmas Carol)
    Special, Visual and Graphic Effects : Good Omens (RU: HIs Dark Materials)
    Titles and Graphic Identity : HIs Dark Materials (RU: The Durrells)
    Writing : Comedy : Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag (RU: Danny Brocklehurst, Brassic)
    Writing : Drama : The End of the F***ing World (RU: Jesse Armstrong, Succession)

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Winners

Breakthrough Talent- Aisling Bea, This Way Up
    Costume Design- Chernobyl
    Director: Factual- The Last Survivors
    Director: Fiction- Chernobyl
    Director: Multi Cam- Glastonbury 2019
    Editing: Factual- Dont Fuck With Cats
    Editing: Fiction- Chernobyl
    Entertainment Craft Team- Strictly Come Dancing
    Makeup and Hair- Peaky Blinders
    Original Music- Chernobyl
    Photography: Factual- Seven Worlds, One Planet
    Photography & Lighting Fiction- Chernobyl
    Production Design- Chernobyl
    Casting- Top Boy
    Sound Factual- Battle of the Brass Bands
    Sound Fiction- Chernobyl
    Effects- His Dark Materials
    Titles- His Dark Materials
    Writing Comedy- stath Lets Flats
    Writing Drama- Succession

Chernobyl Swept

FYC OSCARS

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN- Picture, Director, Actress, Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Winners

Breakthrough Talent- Aisling Bea, This Way Up
    Costume Design- Chernobyl
    Director: Factual- The Last Survivors
    Director: Fiction- Chernobyl
    Director: Multi Cam- Glastonbury 2019
    Editing: Factual- Dont Fuck With Cats
    Editing: Fiction- Chernobyl
    Entertainment Craft Team- Strictly Come Dancing
    Makeup and Hair- Peaky Blinders
    Original Music- Chernobyl
    Photography: Factual- Seven Worlds, One Planet
    Photography & Lighting Fiction- Chernobyl
    Production Design- Chernobyl
    Casting- Top Boy
    Sound Factual- Battle of the Brass Bands
    Sound Fiction- Chernobyl
    Effects- His Dark Materials
    Titles- His Dark Materials
    Writing Comedy- stath Lets Flats
    Writing Drama- Succession

Chernobyl Swept

RIP any show in Limited Series or International Series.

Funny how His Dark Materials had the most Drama wins despite not even being up for Series.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just realised that with Succession, Chernobyl and His Dark Materials winning awards tonight technically HBO has won 11 awards tonight whilst Netflix has won 1. That is a surprising shift from last year where the BBC more or less swept and HBO and Netflix were shut out. I wonder with HBO’s dominance at a British awards ceremony where  a few months ago it wouldn’t have been eligible for several of its awards won tonight whether that just shows us how big Watchmen, Succession, Big Little Lies and so many other shows are going to be at the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

I’m rather pleased with my Chernobyl sweep prediction though I’m shocked it didn’t win the Makeup category.

I believe Sex Traffic (2004) holds the record for most TV BAFTA wins in a single year with eight so Chernobyl should easily break that now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Updated Main Ceremony Winners Predictions

COMEDY ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME- THE GRAHAM NORTON SHOW
    CURRENT AFFAIRS- GROWING UP POOR
    DRAMA SERIES- GIRI/HAJI
    ENTERTAINMENT PERFORMANCE- MO GILLIGAN
    ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME- STRICTLY COME DANCING
    FACTUAL SERIES- DONT FUCK WITH CATS
    FEMALE COMEDY PERFORMANCE- SIAN CLIFFORD
    INTERNATIONAL- SUCCESSION
    LEAD ACTOR- JARED HARRIS
    LEAD ACTRESS- GLENDA JACKSON
    LIVE EVENT- GLASTONBURY 2019
    MALE COMEDY PERFORMANCE- NCUTI GATWA
    MINI SERIES- CHERNOBYL
    REALITY- RUPAULS DRAG RACE UK
    SCRIPTED COMEDY- STATH LETS FLATS
    SINGLE DRAMA- BREXIT
    SOAP- CORONATION STREET
    SUPPORTING ACTOR- JOSH O’CONNOR
    SUPPORTING ACTRESS- HELENA BONHAM CARTER
    MUST SEE MOMENT- GAVIN AND STACEY

FYC OSCARS

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN- Picture, Director, Actress, Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

My perspective (and predictions) on certain categories.

VIRGIN MEDIA’S MUST-SEE MOMENT: Gavin & Stacey’s moment was the most recent of the nominees and I remember it had such a strong reaction from many people on social media. There was a similar sort of reaction for ‘Thrones but given that it never won this category beforehand, I don’t see it winning.

BEST INTERNATIONAL: Succession’s writing win should help clinch this category now though When They See Us would also be a popular choice.

BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY PROGRAMME: Though she lost out on Best Writing (Comedy), this just feels like a nailed-on win for Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Can’t really see an upset in this category….(famous last words!)

BEST MALE PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY PROGRAMME: Ncuti Gatwa seems to be the favourite here given how popular Sex Education was compared to the shows featuring Yousseff Kerfour and Guz Kahn. Demetriou has already won this category in the past and it feels like he’s earned his reward this year with his surprise victory in Best Writing (Comedy).

BEST SCRIPTED COMEDY: Very confident about Fleabag winning here with Stath Lets Flats the only other nominee to earn more than one nod. Disappointed that Derry Girls didn’t get more love this year.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: You’d think the biggest name contender (Helena Bonham Carter) would be a shoe-in for this but I could see an upset in this category. Top Boy’s Casting win might give Jasmine Jobson the edge but I’d be delighted with a Helen Behan victory.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: This is probably the toughest category to predict though I imagine Stellan Skarsgard will be the favourite given Chernobyl’s dominance. Josh O’Connor did a lot of TV work last year while Joe Absolom produced a chilling performance in A Confession. However, I’ll be rooting for Will Sharpe’s entertaining turn in Giri/Haji so he’s my choice.

BEST LEADING ACTRESS: Another fantastic category; it’s easy to rule out Jodie Comer and Suranne Jones given their previous wins here. The lack of love elsewhere for I am Kirsty may damage Samantha Morton’s chances of a first win, so I’m going for Glenda Jackson’s wonderful comeback role.

BEST LEADING ACTOR: Again, another competitive line-up with Callum Turner easily ruled out (just the one nod for his programme). Takehiro Hira delivered fine work in Giri/Haji but for me, it’s definitely a battle between Stephen Graham and Jared Harris. As great as Harris is in Chernobyl, I just think Graham gave a better performance plus he deserves recognition for a marvellous acting career.

BEST SINGLE DRAMA: I only saw Elizabeth is Missing which was a magnificent drama and has the advantage of Jackson’s stunning performance. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if any of the other nominees won.

BEST MINI-SERIES: Personally, I loved The Virtues the most out of the four nominees but I’ll be very shocked if Chernobyl doesn’t win here.

BEST DRAMA SERIES: For me, it’s between The Crown and Giri/Haji but I’m rooting for the latter to clinch the prize.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 211 through 219 (of 219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.