Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Awards Ballots

2020 Emmy Awards Ballots

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 350 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
Eden
  • Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

What is the second episode that Ozark submitted for Directing (other than Fire Pink)?

“Su Casa Es Mi Casa”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

“Su Casa Es Mi Casa”

I think All In was better than Su Casa, but maybe they were spreading the wealth among directors.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dame Mandy Moore
    Topics:

Apple is doing God’s work! The Morning Show will be an absolute hit at the Emmys…

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."
    - Mandy Moore
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Mrs. America submitted HOW MANY episodes in writing and directing?!?!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mrs. America submitted HOW MANY episodes in writing and directing?!?!

Controversial but I think the Directing race could end up just being Watchmen and Mrs. America plus Lynn Shelton. I still think the show will get into Writing and I think all the acting races (apart from Actor) will basically be the show vs Watchmen.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale has submitted both “Liars” and “Mayday” which will vote split. I should say that The Good Fight‘s synopsis of its submission may appeal to voters and I’ve heard many people praising that episode.

I disagree. Are voters going to remember what Liars was? I mean, we do because we’re us, but Mayday is easily the more recognizable name. I love how people think this will split, but will go ahead and predict a BCS episode to get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

I disagree. Are voters going to remember what Liars was? I mean, we do because we’re us, but Mayday is easily the more recognizable name. I love how people think this will split, but will go ahead and predict a BCS episode to get in.

To be fair, as shitty as BCS’ submission strategy was, it’s writing is much more acclaimed than that of Handmaid’s Tale, and it’s got more buzz right now.

They’ve overcome too many submissions in writing before, so I think they will again.

Worth noting, I think Handmaid gets in here as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

To be fair, as shitty as BCS’ submission strategy was, it’s writing is much more acclaimed than that of Handmaid’s Tale, and it’s got more buzz right now. They’ve overcome too many submissions in writing before, so I think they will again. Worth noting, I think Handmaid gets in here as well.

Sure! I still think BCS gets in, but having two episodes on the ballot doesn’t mean they’re vote-splitting. It’s more likely for someone not to check off 6 than 2, especially when those 2 are the most liked episodes of the season. This belief that people just check off one episode per show is, I am assuming, incorrect.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I think when we get the ballots today, they’ll be at least a few changes to yesterdays. If not, I’m shocked that BLL hasn’t submitted for editing or directing

FYC Emmys-
    Limited-
    UNBELIEVABLE, Quiz, Years and Years, Defending Jacob in all Categories
    Merritt Wever, Toni Collette, Matthew Macfadyen, Emma Thompson, Chris Evans & Michelle Dockery

Drama-
    STRANGER THINGS, The Morning Show, Big Little Lies, The Crown, Killing Eve
    - Jennifer Aniston, VIOLA DAVIS, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh, Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman
    - FIONA SHAW, HBC

Comedy-
    SCHITTS CREEK, Dead to Me, Sex Education
    - Catherine O’Hara, Annie Murphy, Christina Applegate, Linda Ca

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

There is literally not a single category more locked for Emmy night than Succession taking writing.

Watchmen will also win writing easily with the politically relevant episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I love how self aware Westworld is and decided to submit one of the earlier episodes. Still, I would’ve gone with the second episode, “The Winter Line” for Writing. But I guess they wanted to submit both Nolan and Joy.

I hope Little Fires Everywhere gets both Writing & Directing along with Series. A surprise Lexi Underwood nomination would be everything!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Andrea Arnold’s omission is a glaring one. I’m sure it’s more serious to Arnold’s eyes what happened than what Reese and Nicole tried to present by beautifying the situation therefore being hypocrites. I can only imagine how Arnold must have felt these past couple of months. I hope voters boycott the show resulting in a shut out— maybe except Meryl.

The fact that none of the actresses stood up for Arnold is just disgusting.

Normal People choosing the third episode for writing is so weird.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Andrea Arnold’s omission is a glaring one. I’m sure it’s more serious to Arnold’s eyes what happened than what Reese and Nicole tried to present by beautifying the situation therefore being hypocrites. I can only imagine how Arnold must have felt these past couple of months. I hope voters boycott the show resulting in a shut out— maybe except Meryl.

It is obviously her decision, she already said that it was the worst experience in her life and that she regrets taking the job, how can this decision really surprise you that much? The second season was dreadful and deserves to be snubbed completely either way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Mrs America submitted 4 episodes in directing, not 8… Houston is the first one listed.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.