Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Awards Ballots

2020 Emmy Awards Ballots

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 350 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
Eden
  • Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Ah that’s a shame I was really looking forward to reading her side of the story. Sadly, I can never trust “sources close to” because I’ve known enough journalists to know that they just put that when they don’t really have much concrete fact or direct quoting available to them.

I am also dying to hear/read her directly and not some sources, but I do think that her refusal to promote/speak/ give interviews about Big Little Lies season 2 is a powerful “quote” and speaks volumes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vice Wicked
    Topics:

Arnold refused to speak about the show, to promote it and to be part of it, so it is obvious that she and her editors refused to be submitted.

Wait, I thought they weren’t able to finish the editing since the showrunners took it away from them early on post production? I assume the editors credited were all Vallee’s team. Besides, their 150 editors just by knowing it already looks ridiculous. what more seeing their names enumerated in the ballot?

Not true, reportedly, only episode 1 remained close to the original, but Vallée and his team worked on ALL episodes.

Regardless of what episode remained close to the original, the premiere and Tell-Tale Hearts are the closest to Arnold’s oeuvre and sensibilities as a filmmaker. If reports are to be close tow hat really happened, I doubt she was able to even see the final product, that it was all Vallee’s, and as the season progresses, Arnold’s DNA was gone that explains the reshoots ordered by Vallee himself. God, it’s infuriating just thinking about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I do think that her refusal to promote/speak/ give interviews about Big Little Lies season 2 is a powerful “quote” and speaks volumes.

I’m inclined to agree although I suppose it could just be that she knows that there’s no way she can promote the show without being asked about this controversy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Wait, I thought they weren’t able to finish the editing since the showrunners took it away from them early on post production? I assume the editors credited were all Vallee’s team. Besides, their 150 editors just by knowing it already looks ridiculous. what more seeing their names enumerated in the ballot?

From what I know, Ana García that is just partially credited, was part of Arnold’s team, but I ma not sure. Maybe her team did not got to do anything. Even the son of Jean-Marc, worked on in it – Émile Vallée (he also worked on Sharp Objects).

Regardless of what episode remained close to the original, the premiere and Tell-Tale Hearts are the closest to Arnold’s oeuvre and sensibilities as a filmmaker. If reports are to be close tow hat really happened, I doubt she was able to even see the final product, that it was all Vallee’s, and as the season progresses, Arnold’s DNA was gone that explains the reshoots ordered by Vallee himself. God, it’s infuriating just thinking about it.

Completely agree.

I’m inclined to agree although I suppose it could just be that she knows that there’s no way she can promote the show without being asked about this controversy

The controversy happened several weeks after the premiere, she refused to do interviews and promotion since the begging.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

ballots are out

FYC 2020 EMMYS

COMEDY- SCHITTS CREEK in all categories, Maya Rudolph, Eddie Murphy

DRAMA- Sandra Oh & Fiona Shaw, Cicely Tyson

LIMITED- UNBELIEVABLE, Normal People in writing & directing, Toni Collette, Tituss Burgess

*How the hell were Merritt Wever and Rose Byrne snubbed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Ballots are officially up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

They’re up!

https://www.emmys.com/ballots/2020

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale is submitting Night, Liars and Household for cinematography. This category is panel-based, so Household is a lock IMO (all three should be). Mayday is being submitted for music composition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I am unable to access the Cinematography file, for some reason.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

All of mine are going to 404 page not found?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

For me, writing, directing and performer go to 404 page not found.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

omg Why Women Kill is in comedy… How?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Cool Guy
    Topics:

Five in Variety Talk, which one from last year gets cut?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I was able to get into writing and performer but not directing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Topics:

Still can’t believe Mrs. America submitted 4 episodes for directing.

Apple TV+ has done a great job with submissions.

I have a really bad feeling one of those BlackAF submissions is gonna get because of Netflix. Terrible show, but at least Rashida Jones(?).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.