Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Awards Ballots

2020 Emmy Awards Ballots

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 348 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca
forwardswill
Eden
  • Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

I mostly agree with everything you said, but Harper would be foolish to not submit “The Answer.” Best showcase of his range and the growth of his character.

I stand corrected! 🙂 That’s Harper’s tape indeed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

DRAMA WRITING: Maybe it’s just me, but “Aberfan” does not seem like The Crown’s best writing. Again, good to have a concentrated effort (especially when that effort is focused on the best showcase for Colman and the directing), but when your show is basically locked in a category, you can afford to get creative. Killing Eve submitting three episodes… well now that’s DEFINITELY dead.

I still think The Crown should’ve gone with “Tywysog Cymru” in writing. It’s such a fantastic episode and Charles arc was so amazing. And since “Aberfan” was already the obvious choice for directing, I think they should’ve gone with that one. It’s very interesting because this is actually the first year that they’re submitting the same episode for writing and directing.

Yeah…that was some horrible strategy from Killing Eve. Specially for a season that received OK reviews. They should’ve gone with “Are You From Pinner?” out of those three. Combines drama and comedy perfectly, has a plot twist and it’s the most acclaimed episode of the season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

All 7 comedy categories are completely updated as of tonight. A few deletions and a few additions based on ballots. The comedy guest actress race has several new and interesting Emmy favorites now to consider. Please be sure to update those categories right away.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Now that we have the submissions, can we expect the Gold Derby Awards voting process to open up soon?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Sometime next week. Lots of stuff still to enter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

Normal People’s directing and writing submissions are so random.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vice Wicked
    Topics:

DRAMA WRITING:
    Maybe it’s just me, but “Aberfan” does not seem like The Crown’s best writing. Again, good to have a concentrated effort (especially when that effort is focused on the best showcase for Colman and the directing), but when your show is basically locked in a category, you can afford to get creative.

I agree with you on Aberfan. Even if it’s another knockout episode of The Crown, I thought it’s more of a Directing triumph rather than Writing. Cri de Coeur and Moondust are the season’s best writing. The WGA got that one right with the latter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Normal People’s directing and writing submissions are so random.

Lenny Abrahamson explained the directing submission when I interviewed him. I do not know why they chose that one for writing, but you can be sure that they put thought into it. Too bad that Hettie Macdonald is not getting a ton of credit, but good on them for playing the Emmy game properly by not splitting their vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jhaddad
    Topics:

Has anyone gotten to the bottom of why Julie Bowen isn’t on the ballot at all this year for the final season of Modern Family? Did she choose not to submit or was that a glitch in the ballot?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

All 7 drama categories are also now updated with deletions and additions. Please make changes on your predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Julie Bowen is not on the ballot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

Julie Bowen is not on the ballot.

Do you know why?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

Too bad that Hettie Macdonald is not getting a ton of credit, but good on them for playing the Emmy game properly by not splitting their vote.

I honestly thought they were going to submit Hettie MacDonald for the Italy episode/one of the last three. But I suppose not submitting her does increase Abrahamson’s chances especially seeing how Watchmen, Unbelievable and Mrs America submitted multiple episodes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

Do you know why?

Maybe since it was the last season, she just wanted to move on. Or perhaps ABC didn’t think to include her themselves?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

All movie and limited categories are now updated with additions and deletions. I’ll work on adding the following 4 categories soon: Variety Sketch, Variety Talk, Reality Host, Competition Program.

Please make sure your predictions in all 20 current categories are updated this weekend to accurately reflect odds and rankings. Remember to scroll all the way to the bottom of each category, because most recent additions are there until people start picking them.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 348 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.