Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Awards Ballots

2020 Emmy Awards Ballots

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 346 through 350 (of 350 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
Eden
  • Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

This idea that being on the same page as a (presumed) frontrunner would entail that voters are incredibly lazy and don’t have a general idea of who they’re voting for going in. We don’t like to give voters a lot of credit, but are they really that lazy? IMO, they go in and check off the shows and performances they like. Last year, we got a lineup of Adams, Arquette, Ellis, King, Nash and Williams in lead actress because either the performances were hailed and/or those shows were favorites. Same with most other categories.

They are not eager and enthusiastic as us here. If the users from these forums were voters, we would vote the moment voting opens and go through every page of every ballot. A significant part of the voting body simply doesn’t care that much. Normally, I guess, they would vote for their show and their colleagues, then people they know and performers that are in their head at the moment (those who have visibility and buzz during voting period). So, when you go to vote, you see Streep and Strahovski early on the ballot and you just remembered their shows are eligible and you liked them, so you vote. Call me delusional, but I doubt voters would have shows that aired a while ago as their priority.

Anyone noticed Susan Kelechi Watson is finally correctly listed under her surname W instead of her middle name K after 3 years? Heh, I wonder if she specifically requested for that.

I think this could be big. The category is stacked, but she’s definitely a competitive contender now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Anyone noticed Susan Kelechi Watson is finally correctly listed under her surname W instead of her middle name K after 3 years? Heh, I wonder if she specifically requested for that.

If she gets in, it would really prove voters are one year late on This Is Us (also explaining why Moore only got nominated last year and not 2 years ago).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

Speaking of ballot advantages, I’m predicting Macfadyen and McTeer not to get in because of their placement, despite being part of perhaps the two biggest shows. What are your thoughts?

McTeer pops out because her same (cropped) picture appears twice, with her submission for Sorry for Your Loss.  Macfadyen is a big loser from the ballot though, partly because his picture submission is bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

My verdict is that ballot pictures and placement made little difference this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

McTeer pops out because her same (cropped) picture appears twice, with her submission for Sorry for Your Loss. Macfadyen is a big loser from the ballot though, partly because his picture submission is bad.

My verdict is that ballot pictures and placement made little difference this year.

This year’s nominations summed up.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 346 through 350 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.