Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2

2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
Pulp
  • EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know why a viewer who likes the show wouldn’t check off all three.

I don’t think enough people will like the show enough to vote for all 3 actresses. Yvonne is probably third in her own show since Bledel and Dowd are both previous winner. With at least 2 BLL actresses, Helena Bonham Carter and Thandie Newton all basically locks, her only chance at a nomination was to take Millie’s spot. All she can do now is pray that Westworld misses eligibility and that the shows from Apple+ flop or are campaigned in another category.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t think enough people will like the show enough to vote for all 3 actresses. Yvonne is probably third in her own show since Bledel and Dowd are both previous winner. With at least 2 BLL actresses, Helena Bonham Carter and Thandie Newton all basically locks, her only chance at a nomination was to take Millie’s spot. All she can do now is pray that Westworld misses eligibility and that the shows from Apple+ flop or are campaigned in another category.

I highly doubt Westworld is missing eligibility, considering they already released footage a month ago. Newton is in, unless she becomes the lead of the show or so (which ain’t happening).

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t watch THT, but I feel like more and more people are being disappointed by s3. Last year I felt people disliking s2 were a minority, but not so much this year. Considering the show was already weak at the Emmys back then, I wouldn’t be surprised if s3 is (almost) completely shut out next year.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Literally, Supporting Actress Drama needs at least 10 nominees next year!
    I’d say Streep is in the lead still with Dowd up to second and Dern in third….
    My current predix from what has aired thus far…
    (and their ranking could change at any moment, lol)
    1. Meryl Streep, BLL
    2. Ann Dowd, Handmaids Tale
    3. Laura Dern, BLL
    4. Yvonne Strahovski, Handmaids Tale
    5. Shaliene Woodley, BLL
    6.Millie Bobbie Brown, Stranger Things
    7. Zoe Kravitz, BLL
    8. Alexis Bledil, Handmaids Tale
    ~ but then we have to factor everybody else still to come including Thandie Newton, Susan Kalechi-Watson, Helena Bonham Carter, and so many more!

And that’s not even including any potential nominees from this year (Garner, McTeer, Moore, Seehorn, Watson) that could hold over .

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t watch THT, but I feel like more and more people are being disappointed by s3. Last year I felt people disliking s2 were a minority, but not so much this year. Considering the show was already weak at the Emmys back then, I wouldn’t be surprised if s3 is (almost) completely shut out next year.

A lot of people say this, and I don’t agree with it at all: 20 nominations and 3 wins is not weak. Compared to season 1 it may be weak, since it swept for that, but compared to some other shows, it isn’t weak at all. Stranger Things got 12 nominations, of which it only won a single one. I didn’t get the confidence for ST before the season aired, but now that I’ve seen 6 episodes, I totally get it, because it’s amazing.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of people say this, and I don’t agree with it at all: 20 nominations and 3 wins is not weak. Compared to season 1 it may be weak, since it swept for that, but compared to some other shows, it isn’t weak at all. Stranger Things got 12 nominations, of which it only won a single one. I didn’t get the confidence for ST before the season aired, but now that I’ve seen 6 episodes, I totally get it, because it’s amazing.

Yeah weak compared to its s1 performance, of course.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

I highly doubt Westworld is missing eligibility, considering they already released footage a month ago. Newton is in, unless she becomes the lead of the show or so (which ain’t happening).

Yes I am also convinced Westworld will be eligible. I was just imagining the only plausible scenario in which all 3 THT actresses gets nominated.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Potatohead
    Participant
    Topics:

Literally, Supporting Actress Drama needs at least 10 nominees next year! I’d say Streep is in the lead still with Dowd up to second and Dern in third…. My current predix from what has aired thus far… (and their ranking could change at any moment, lol) 1. Meryl Streep, BLL 2. Ann Dowd, Handmaids Tale 3. Laura Dern, BLL 4. Yvonne Strahovski, Handmaids Tale 5. Shaliene Woodley, BLL 6.Millie Bobbie Brown, Stranger Things 7. Zoe Kravitz, BLL 8. Alexis Bledil, Handmaids Tale ~ but then we have to factor everybody else still to come including Thandie Newton, Susan Kalechi-Watson, Helena Bonham Carter, and so many more!

Does anyone really think Zoe Kravitz should get in? Drama Supporting Actress was an intensely stacked category last year, and The Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, The Crown, and Westworld are all returning. Meryl will probably get in because she’s Meryl, and Laura Dern might get in but they snubbed her for Twin Peaks and it could happen again. Otherwise, the other slots should be Newton, MBB, HBC, and at least one actress between Dowd, Strahovski and Bledel. If Woodley gets in it’ll be a miracle, and she actually had some good material. Kravitz has done nothing all season, and doesn’t seem awards worthy at all

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Potatohead.
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura Dern might get in but they snubbed her for Twin Peaks and it could happen again.

She is extremely safe.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Stranger Things competitive for the Drama Series win and could it be a dark horse in this battle between The Crown and Big Little Lies?

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Stranger Things competitive for the Drama Series win and could it be a dark horse in this battle between The Crown and Big Little Lies?

No, it was on a clear downward trajectory last year and this season seems to be the least well reviewed received so far, there’s no reason to think it won’t keep slipping, or at best stay where it was last year as a 5th or 6th place contender.

The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

No, it was on a clear downward trajectory last year and this season seems to be the least well reviewed received so far, there’s no reason to think it won’t keep slipping, or at best stay where it was last year as a 5th or 6th place contender.

I’m not certain what you’ve been smoking, but I would like some please.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not certain what you’ve been smoking, but I would like some please.

I’m also out but I’ll share. What’s so crazy about what I said?

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Do reviews matter at all? Game of Thrones and Ozark are about to explode despite bad reviews, and Stranger Things definitely has more love than Ozark has. Plus, the reviews are on par with the first two seasons as far as I’m concerned.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

She is extremely safe.

Exactly. They even nominated her for a movie that had no buzz the same year.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.