Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2

2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
Stegeo
  • Potatohead
    Participant
    Topics:

If everything with the new cast goes well, it’s probably going to go to The Crown. It had a much better second season than any of the other 2017 Emmys shows (Big Little Lies, The Handmaid’s Tale, Killing Eve, Stranger Things, This Is Us, and Westworld), and impressively improved on its first season with wins in cinematography, casting, lead actress, and directing, along with those surprise nominations for Matt Smith and Vanessa Kirby. If one of the new shows coming out this year is a massive hit, then maybe it has a chance. Otherwise, I think the way has been paved for The Crown to win big next year.

Big Little Lies and The Handmaid’s Tale likely have no chance at winning, the former for a season where nothing happens at all and the latter for a season where everything that happens is just awful. Killing Eve has less energy than Big Little Lies and will probably scrape by with a few nominations. This Is Us is just disappearing off the grid, Metz missing out and Hartley not getting in for season 2 was rough. Stranger Things had a great, fun season, and the same might be true for Westworld season 3, but I’m not sure that voters will swoon over non-Game of Thrones genre fare when a historical drama starring Olivia Colman and Helena Bonham Carter is in the race.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Do reviews matter at all? Game of Thrones and Ozark are about to explode despite bad reviews, and Stranger Things definitely has more love than Ozark has. Plus, the reviews are on par with the first two seasons as far as I’m concerned.

Y’all act like I said it would be entirely dropped from nominations. The question I was answering is if it’s competitive for a win and it’s not. Even if it’s in the same position it was in last year, why would it win now? Reviews aren’t always very important but they aren’t a total non factor either. If stranger things was gonna win it would need a boost in acclaim, like actually be widely considered the best season of the show. Why else would it grow in support when last year it went down from 20 to 12 noms? Shows don’t usually rebound well in nominations without that boost in acclaim, so it makes more sense that that number would keep going down.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

The Crown would have to suck for ST to be win-competitive, but I think despite a slightly lower metascore its nomination is secure. Crazy how 5 of the top drama contenders are airing in the three months directly following eligibility: THT, ST, BLL, Succession, and Pose. The end of the year guilds will be telling in this top heavy year, assuming The Crown streams in the fall. But yeah, unless Truth Be Told, Watchmen, Ratched or His Dark Materials have a Handmaid’s season 1 type-reception, The Crown feels like a real slam dunk.

Are there any other upcoming dramas that have potential to make an impact on paper?

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

The Crown would have to suck for ST to be win-competitive, but I think despite a slightly lower metascore its nomination is secure. Crazy how 5 of the top drama contenders are airing in the three months directly following eligibility: THT, ST, BLL, Succession, and Pose. The end of the year guilds will be telling in this top heavy year, assuming The Crown streams in the fall. But yeah, unless Truth Be Told, Watchmen, Ratched or His Dark Materials have a Handmaid’s season 1 type-reception, The Crown feels like a real slam dunk. Are there any other upcoming dramas that have potential to make an impact on paper?

</p>
    The Morning Show, Truth Be Told (if in drama).

Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

If Angelica Ross doesn’t get an Emmy nomination I will RIOT. Starting her campaign now.

bellajoe
    Participant
    Topics:

Wishful thinking, but I really am enjoying Hunter Schaffer in Euphoria, but there’s little to no chance with this crazy competition.

Caelin Cripps
    Participant
    Topics:

Do y’all think there’s any chance Zendaya could get in for Lead Actress in a Drama Series for Euphoria? I think if HBO campaigns really hard, there’s a possibility it could and she absolutely deserves it.

Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

Can I just take a minute to say that while there’s a lot of work to go, it is so amazing to see trans and non-gender conforming representation really start to find it’s footing in the television landscape. It’s time we see some nominations in more than just the guest categories!

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Euphoria’s next episode is directed by Jennifer Morrison, so I hope it gets good reviews and a possible Emmy nom net year!

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s this nonsense about Stranger Things being win-competitive?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

More so, what’s with “Zendaya is getting into Drama Actress.” She is not happening, lol.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Euphoria’s next episode is directed by Jennifer Morrison, so I hope it gets good reviews and a possible Emmy nom net year!

They aren’t going to nominate the not Olivia Wilde actress from House for directing lol.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

More so, what’s with “Zendaya is getting into Drama Actress.” She is not happening, lol.

Yeah, what is this? No way that show gets above the line nods. I mean, right?

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Again a Golden globe nomination is proberly gonna happen. But people are crazy if they think it will translate to an emmy nomination.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Harbour could definitely win.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.