Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2

2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
Pulp
  • musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

If everything with the new cast goes well, it’s probably going to go to The Crown. It had a much better second season than any of the other 2017 Emmys shows (Big Little Lies, The Handmaid’s Tale, Killing Eve, Stranger Things, This Is Us, and Westworld), and impressively improved on its first season with wins in cinematography, casting, lead actress, and directing, along with those surprise nominations for Matt Smith and Vanessa Kirby. If one of the new shows coming out this year is a massive hit, then maybe it has a chance. Otherwise, I think the way has been paved for The Crown to win big next year.

Big Little Lies and The Handmaid’s Tale likely have no chance at winning, the former for a season where nothing happens at all and the latter for a season where everything that happens is just awful. Killing Eve has less energy than Big Little Lies and will probably scrape by with a few nominations. This Is Us is just disappearing off the grid, Metz missing out and Hartley not getting in for season 2 was rough. Stranger Things had a great, fun season, and the same might be true for Westworld season 3, but I’m not sure that voters will swoon over non-Game of Thrones genre fare when a historical drama starring Olivia Colman and Helena Bonham Carter is in the race.

Makes sense. Think a win will be dependent on the writing and whether Peter Morgan has burnt out. Also if audiences will be receptive to change in the leads and Margaret.

Colman, HBC, Tobias Menzies, Josh O’Conner and Charles Dance is an insanely stacked and talented cast to waste though.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Harbour could definitely win.

He had his big chance. Another will only come back around if and when the series wins.

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do people keep saying nothing is happening in Big Little Lies? Nothing really happens in the first season either so that argument makes little sense. I personally find this season an upgrade over season one.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking Stranger Things could win for its final season if it’s still universally liked and the release date is more Emmy friendly. It would be like a goodbye gift.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Succession Season 2 could be a threat if it is quality. Season 1 aired a year ago and most people expect it to do well come Tuesday.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Had not realized that Julian Fellowes’s The Gilded Age had moved from NBC to HBO.

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think any drama gets a first series win on its last chance

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Stranger Things will never come as close to winning as it was for its first season.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think any drama gets a first series win on its last chance

Breaking Bad says hi.

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Breaking Bad won twice.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Stranger Things will never come as close to winning as it was for its first season.

I don’t think so. GoT only started winning for s5. Stranger things is a phenomenon and probably the biggest show airing now that GoT is over.  If it keeps the same acclaim and audience, it can definitely win in future years.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Except those shows were on totally different trajectories. They didn’t love Game of Thrones out of the gate, like they did with Stranger Things.

There’s no signs that Stranger Things is trending upwards like GOT was.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Breaking Bad won twice.

For its final season which was split into two parts, I would say that counts as a show winning only for its final season, whether it was split in two or not.

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

So it didn’t only win on its last chance. Which is what I said. So BB says bye.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.