Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2

2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
Pulp
  • Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Breaking Bad final season was only “one season” for basically technical purposes like Netflix categorization or maybe filming details idk. But let’s be real, it was two sets of 8 episodes airing a year apart, and the ending of 5A was very clearly a cliffhanger/season transition. Breaking Bad’s series win in 2013 wasn’t because it was the final season, that would be why it swept in 2014

The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Silicon Valley going to get anything next year?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Ann Dowd was terrific in her backstory ep of Handmaid’s. The backstory itself was fine but nth to write home about, but she elevated it and delivered in every way possible. She better be nominated for it.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Silicon Valley going to get anything next year?

Probably series and directing/writing again? It’s the last season, so it’ll probably get one last sendoff. I could also see Middleditch maybe coming back if the category is as weak as this year.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Now that I’ve finished Stranger Things 3, here are my predictions for the 2020 Emmys:

Locks: 

• Best Drama Series
    • Best Drama Directing (The Duffer Brothers, “The Battle of Starcourt”)
    • Best Drama Supporting Actor (David Harbour)

Pretty close to locks:

• Best Drama Writing (“The Battle of Starcourt”)
    • Best Drama Supporting Actress (Millie Bobby Brown)

I’d actually call Brown and writing locks, but I don’t know what the field will look like last year. They’re definitely deserving of a nom. Also, it better get a buttload of tech nods because that finale in particular was a visual phenomenon. I would love to mention other actors, but let’s be real, they have no chance.

And David Harbour could easily win.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Locks:

DRAMA SERIES
    Big Little Lies (HBO)
    The Crown (Netflix)
    Stranger Things (Netflix)

COMEDY SERIES
    Barry (HBO)
    The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (Amazon)
    The Politician (Netflix)

LIMITED SERIES
    Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu)
    Mrs America (FX)
    Years and Years (HBO)

Drama Lead. Actress
    Olivia Colman – The Crown
    Nicole Kidman – Big Little Lies
    Reese Witherspoon – Big Little Lies

Drama S.Actress
    Helena Bonham Carter – The Crown
    Laura Dern – Big Little Lies
    Thandie Newton – Westworld
    Meryl Streep – Big Little Lies

Drama L.Actor
    Bob Odenkirk – Better Call Saul

Drama S.Actor
    Jonathan Banks – Better Call Saul
    David Harbour – Stranger Things

Drama Directing
    Big Little Lies
    The Crown
    Stranger Things

Drama Writing
    Big Little Lies
    The Crown

Comedy L.Actress
    Rachel Brosnahan – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel

Comedy L.Actor
    Ted Danson – The Good Place
    Larry David – Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Donald Glover – Atlanta
    Bill Hader – Barry

Comedy S.Actress
    Alex Borstein – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    Jessica Lange – The Politician
    Kate McKinnon – SNL

Comedy S.Actor
    Tony Shalhoub – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    Henry Winkler – Barry

Limited L.Actress
    Cate Blanchett – Mrs America
    Nicole Kidman – The Undoing
    Reese Witherspoon – Little Fires Everywhere

Limited L.Actor
    Hugh Grant – The Undoing

Limited S.Actress
    Sarah Paulson – Mrs America
    Emma Thompson – Years and Years
    Kerry Washington – Little Fires Everywhere

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  wolfali.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  wolfali.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Bodyguard, Jodie Comer, Bob Odenkirk, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ted Danson, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Shalhoub

and CHERNOBYL, Hugh Grant, Michelle Williams, Ben Whishaw, Vera Farmiga

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Locks: DRAMA SERIES Big Little Lies (HBO) The Crown (Netflix) Stranger Things (Netflix) COMEDY SERIES Barry (HBO) The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (Amazon) The Politician (Netflix) LIMITED SERIES Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu) Mrs America (FX) Years and Years (HBO) Drama Lead. Actress Olivia Colman – The Crown Nicole Kidman – Big Little Lies Reese Witherspoon – Big Little Lies Drama S.Actress Helena Bonham Carter – The Crown Laura Dern – Big Little Lies Thandie Newton – Westworld Meryl Streep – Big Little Lies Drama L.Actor Bob Odenkirk – Better Call Saul Drama S.Actor Jonathan Banks – Better Call Saul David Harbour – Stranger Things Drama Directing Big Little Lies The Crown Stranger Things Drama Writing Big Little Lies The Crown Comedy L.Actress Rachel Brosnahan – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel Comedy L.Actor Ted Danson – The Good Place Larry David – Curb Your Enthusiasm Donald Glover – Atlanta Bill Hader – Barry Comedy S.Actress Alex Borstein – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel Jessica Lange – The Politician Kate McKinnon – SNL Comedy S.Actor Tony Shalhoub – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel Henry Winkler – Barry Limited L.Actress Cate Blanchett – Mrs America Nicole Kidman – The Undoing Reese Witherspoon – Little Fires Everywhere Limited L.Actor Hugh Grant – The Undoing Limited S.Actress Sarah Paulson – Mrs America Emma Thompson – Years and Years Kerry Washington – Little Fires Everywhere

BCS probably won’t air in time.

As much as I loved Years and Years I don’t think it’s a lock, especially this early on.

Reese Witherspoon is definitely not a lock for a BLL Nom.

The Morning Show is locked for CSeries, Aniston, Witherspoon and Carell

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

BCS probably won’t air in time. As much as I loved Years and Years I don’t think it’s a lock, especially this early on. Reese Witherspoon is definitely not a lock for a BLL Nom. The Morning Show is locked for CSeries, Aniston, Witherspoon and Carell

The Morning Show is not a lock for Comedy categories when it is on a streaming service which no one knows how many people will subscribe to and is not certain to be placed in Comedy.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Bodyguard, Jodie Comer, Bob Odenkirk, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ted Danson, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Shalhoub

and CHERNOBYL, Hugh Grant, Michelle Williams, Ben Whishaw, Vera Farmiga

Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

As much as I loved Years and Years I don’t think it’s a lock, especially this early on.

I agree. I was so impressed with this show, but it already airs on HBO and I’m surprised how non existent it is in online or any conversation. Even more so than Gentleman Jack.

I could be wrong, but sadly I think this show is not happening in the US.

The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Ann Dowd was terrific in her backstory ep of Handmaid’s. The backstory itself was fine but nth to write home about, but she elevated it and delivered in every way possible. She better be nominated for it.

I actually really didn’t like that episode, even though Ann Dowd is consistently the only thing I like about Handmaid’s.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually really didn’t like that episode, even though Ann Dowd is consistently the only thing I like about Handmaid’s.

When I Googled the Handmaid’s tale I got several results calling her episode the worst of the series so that’s not great

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

When I Googled the Handmaid’s tale I got several results calling her episode the worst of the series so that’s not great

Lol, that’s so ridiculous. It wasn’t great, yes, but series-worst? Hell no.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Best Actress in a Comedy: Reese Witherspoon as Bradley Jackson on The Morning Show
    Best Actress in a Drama: Olivia Colman as Elizabeth II on The Crown
    Best Actress in a Miniseries: Cate Blanchett as Phyllis Schlafly on Mrs. America

Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy: Jessica Lange as Dusty on The Politician
    Best Supporting Actress in a Drama: Helena Bonham Carter as Margaret on The Crown
    Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries: Naomi Watts as Gretchen Carlson on The Loudest Voice

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.