Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions

2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 502 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
gabarnes43
  • wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol. Don’t be mad, she still can win the BAFTA TV awards.

There is absolutely no way that Olivia Colman is going to get snubbed in favour of Evan Rachel Wood. Olivia Colman, Oscar winner, possible nominee this year (which would have been double nominee and possible double winner had they submitted her for Les Mis), and she’s playing the Queen, in The Crown (which already won Best Actress in a Drama Series for Foy and Best Directing so clearly this isn’t going to be off the Emmy’s radar). She would have to play the Queen cockney if she was to be snubbed lol.

Here’s my ranking of the likelihood of everyone getting in.

Actress in a Drama Series

1. Olivia Colman – The Crown
    2. Nicole Kidman – Big Little Lies
    3. Jennifer Aniston – The Morning Show (If submitted in Drama)
    4. Sandra Oh – Killing Eve
    5. Elisabeth Moss – The Handmaid’s Tale
    6. Sarah Paulson – Ratched
    7. Octavia Spencer – Truth Be Told
    8. Regina King – Watchmen
    9. Reese Witherspoon – Big Little Lies
    10. Dafne Keen – His Dark Materials
    11. Evan Rachel Wood – Westworld
    12. Jodie Comer – Killing Eve
    13. Claire Danes – Homeland
    14. Laura Linney – Ozark

FYC GD Decade Awards : The Good Wife, The Crown and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel in all categories

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:
    1. Whatever show King is starring in, HBO will always focus on getting nods for Westworld.
    2. She has 2 nods/ 2 seasons
    3. She is better than Witherspoon
    4. King won’t be that strong in the drama field
    5. She has 3 nods at the Emmys for her main TV work.
    6. WW is always a priority for HBO
    7. King isn’t a huge film star either, Kidman last movies both flopped and her campaign to obtain two nods at the Oscar was a monumental fiasco.
    8. Her show is gonna air in 2020. See Sharp Object is losing steam because it aired 5yo ago.

I didn’t say she was a lock, I’ve said you are underestimating her.

1. Regina King is in a show that HBO could campaign easily took take the GoT genre television slot at the Emmys (which could also be His Dark Materials but more on that later)
    2. This is a weak argument. Viola Davis had three consecutive nods for three consecutive seasons and even won for won of those and still was snubbed by the Television Academy last year. And that was when there was less competition than there is expected for next year.
    3. I understand that you think she is better than Witherspoon but I don’t think the Television Academy is going to think of her as a person to vote for more than Witherspoon just because you say/think she is a better actress. Witherspoon may not make it but there is no way that she is not going to make it because of Wood (she might not make it due to Colman, Kidman, Aniston, Oh, Paulson, Spencer, Moss, King or Keen). Witherspoon has already won an Emmy for BLL (yes for producing) but she also is an Oscar winner in a show that HBO seems bound to push for multiple acting nods (I mean I think Thandie Newton and Aaron Paul will be nominated for WW if not also Jeffrey Wright but who would want to campaign them over Oscar winners Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon)
    4. How do you know?
    5. Yes but that does not mean she is a darling as you previously stated, also note how those are not wins, and look at it in comparison with those that I have listed above:

• Olivia Colman – 1 Emmy nod but she is an Oscar winner in a multi Emmy award winning show that already has won this category and has won more significant Emmy’s than Westworld (Actress, S. Actor and Directing) and is currently one of the favourites alongside BLL and TMS (if the latter is submitted in Drama) to win Best Drama Series .
    • Nicole Kidman – three time Emmy nominee, two time Emmy winner, winner for this role in her previous season, big Hollywood film star, in a buzzed HBO show with an A-list ensemble, Oscar winner.
    • Jennifer Aniston – an A -list star whose role in this series is her first since the end of Friends. Oscar nominee. Show about television.
    • Sandra Oh – 6 soon to be 7 time Emmy nominee, possible reigning champ. Buzzed role primarily due to on-screen chemistry with co-lead and the fact that it’s Sandra Oh, who hasn’t won an Emmy after so many attempts (yet). One of the most buzzed shows on TV at the moment.
    • Elisabeth Moss – 9 time Emmy nominee and previous champ in this category for this role in one of the biggest show on TV at the moment.
    • Sarah Paulson – Emmy winner and multiple times nominee. In a show by Ryan Murphy, whose programmes have been seen to be successful at the Academy recently (apart from SQ obvs). Playing an Oscar winning role.
    • Octavia Spencer – Holywood A-lister in a buzzy baity Emmy show. However, I think she is the most vulnerable as I think the main buzz from that show is really her.
    • Regina King – Oscar winner, multiple Emmy winner and Emmy nominee who should not be underestimated for winning these awards even if she misses out on precursors.
    • Reese Witherspoon – Emmy winner for producing the series, will be hevaily in the spotlight due to having two if not three buzzed up shows airing before the deadline. Oscar winner, big Hollywood name, won’t be forgotten during voting due to reasons mentioned above.
    • Dafne Keen – reminds me a bit of Millie Bobby Brown in Stranger Things, this is a show that has big name factors attached to it and Keen could get a nomination as a result of those likely to be given to McAvoy, Miranda and Wilson. Has very good material like her co-stars if it is faithful to the novels.

6. Really? Because by your logic then it would have won Drama Series in 2017 instead of THT (oh and Big Little Lies won more Emmys that year so I think that’s a bigger priority for HBO than WW) and then last year GoT wouldn’t have won Best Drama Series?
    7. Yes but she is a multiple Emmy winner, more of a darling than Wood. Also an Oscar winner now.
    8. Didn’t stop her being last in voting last year when nominations were announced and on the brink of losing her Actress nomination. Also that is terrible logic because looking at last time Wood was nominated, let’s see when her fellow nominee’s show’s aired.

Claire Foy, The Crown (winner that year) – December 2017 (Ik it’s Netflix and it’s different but still)
    Elisabeth Moss, THT – April 2018
    Sandra Oh, Killing Eve – April 2018
    Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black – August 2017 (and it was a surprise that she made the cut remember?)
    Keri Russell, The Americans – April to May 2018

This doesn’t mean she is more likely to get a nod.

FYC GD Decade Awards : The Good Wife, The Crown and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel in all categories

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Elisabeth Moss is an 11-time nominee, btw. Not 9-time.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Elisabeth Moss is an 11-time nominee, btw. Not 9-time.

I know. Praise be!

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably meant acting nominations only.

Yeah and I meant in that category for MM and THT

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Dont underestimate king to get nominated. The television academy love king. Shes currently in my fifth slot for drama actress at the globes.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah and I meant in that category for MM and THT

My bad!

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

ok

I screamed!

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

UPDATED LIMITED PREDICTIONS

LIMITED SERIES
    Years and Years (HBO)
    Dracula (Netflix)
    Mrs America (FX)
    The Loudest Voice in the Room (Showtime)
    The Undoing (HBO)

LEAD ACTRESS IN  A LIMITED SERIES OR TV MOVIE
    Emma Thompson – Years and Years
    Cate Blanchett – Mrs America 
    Miley Cyrus (the most dreaded choice on this one) – Black Mirror : Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too (if it meets the allotted time requirement)
    Nicole Kidman – The Undoing
    Helen Mirren – Catherine the Great
    Naomi Watts – The Loudest Voice

LEAD ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR TV MOVIE
    Claes Bang – Dracula
    Russell Crowe – The Loudest Voice
    Idris Elba – Luther
    Hugh Grant – The Undoing
    Guy Pearce – A Christmas Carol
    Andrew Scott – Black Mirror : Smithereens (if it meets the allotted time requirement)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR TV MOVIE
    Uzo Aduba – Mrs America
    Jessica Hynes – Years and Years
    Sienna Miller – The Loudest Voice
    Sarah Paulson – Mrs America
    Lily Rabe – The Undoing
    Ruth Wilson – Luther

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR TV MOVIE
    Stephen Graham – A Christmas Carol
    Noah Jupe – The Undoing
    James Marsden – Mrs America
    John Slattery – Mrs America
    Donald Sutherland – The Undoing
    Russell Tovey – Years and Years

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  wolfali.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

@wolfali Perry Mason will not be eligible. You should also include The Loudest Voice and Devs which is written and directed by Alex Garland. HBO’s The Outsider might be eligible as well.

Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s homecoming chances?

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s homecoming chances?

As in the television series that is currently eligible for this year’s Emmys starring Julia Roberts?

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Isn’t Roberts dropping her role? I’d say its chances aren’t that great to come back if she isn’t.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmy Awards (SUPER EARLY) Predictions’ is closed to new replies.