Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Nominations (Predictions Center Now Active)

2020 Emmy Nominations (Predictions Center Now Active)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
  • Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Letting my bias win and keeping Sarah Snook in my #6 til nominations morning. won’t be convinced otherwise.

I knew Comedy was weak but seeing the competition in the prediction center was genuinely jarring.

Why do we keep trying to make D’Arcy Carden happen? Over Betty Gilpin no less?

Reese Witherspoon is fully going 0/3 in nominations.

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You should be having a bad feeling that none of your precious supporting actresses from The Handmaid’s Tale are going to make it. The show is clearly on the way out and the category is competitive.

1. Brian Cox, Succession
    2. Jason Bateman, Ozark
    3. Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
    4. Billy Porter, Pose
    5. Jeremy Strong, Succession
    6. Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
    I really don’t see any space to put Westworld here. Odenkirk was nominated 4 times, Bateman twice and I don’t see Ozark being fragile (yet). Then we have the two Succession actors whom won the Globes and the Critics Choice for a beloved show. Brown and Porter are recent winners. It’s locked for now, IMO.

Porter is done. He is lucky that there was even enough space to nominate him last year because he could have gone the way of Richard Madden, with there being enough spaces to nominate the show in series, but not really anywhere else.

Sutherland in The Undoing, Slattery in Mrs. America, Schwartzman and Olyphant in Fargo, Courtney B. Vance in Genius are a few contenders I could name off the top of my head. But yeah, it seems like an empty category this year.

It is only empty in the sense that it is not going to be filled with anyone that we have seen so far. There are going to be snubs among the spring contenders.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

The field is so thin and weak D’Arcy Carden can perfectly happen and I won’t be shocked lol.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

@riley have you seen the Undoing?

smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Dollface??

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways now that center open I can finally make my Limited Series predictions lol.

I can see The Undoing flopping, then Aretha or I Know This Much Is True will make it instead.

Limited Series:
    The Eddy (Netflix)
    Mrs. America (FX)
    Unbelievable (Netflix)
    The Undoing (HBO)
    Watchmen (HBO)

TV Movie:
    American Son (Netflix)
    Bad Education (HBO)
    El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Netflix)
    Togo (Disney+)
    Transparent Musicale Finale (Prime Video)

Actress in a Limited Series or TV Movie:
    Cate Blanchett – Mrs. America
    Nicole Kidman – The Undoing
    Cynthia Erivo – Genius: Aretha
    Regina King – Watchmen
    Merritt Wever – Unbelievable
    Reese Witherspoon – Little Fires Everywhere

Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie:
    Russell Crowe – The Loudest Voice
    Hugh Grant – The Undoing
    Andre Holland – The Eddy
    Aaron Paul – El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie
    Chris Rock – Fargo
    Mark Ruffalo – I Know This Much Is True

Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or TV Movie:
    Rose Byrne – Mrs. America
    Toni Collette – Unbelievable
    Joanna Kulig – The Eddy
    Melissa Leo – I Know This Much Is True
    Margo Martindale – Mrs. America
    Jean Smart – Watchmen

Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie:
    Tim Blake Nelson – Watchmen
    Tahar Rahim – The Eddy
    John Slattery – Mrs. America
    Donald Sutherland – The Undoing
    Courtney B. Vance – Genius: Aretha
    Ben Whishaw – Fargo

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Hoster1.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Hoster1.
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Ann Dowd is probably safe just because she won and they clearly do still like the show and the actors on it.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Yup, Ann Dowd will propably make it, but I don’t see Strahovski returning unless they will have more that 6 nominees.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are we dismissing Porter as just “lucky to be nominated” last year? He literally won…

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

If Porter misses Pose would be the first (non CW) show to miss a major nomination despite being recognized by AFI.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are we dismissing Porter as just “lucky to be nominated” last year? He literally won…

I think Porter was a situation last year where it was harder to get the nomination than the win. This year has a more crowded field, so the nomination will be harder. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, I thought I heard about Pose undergoing a sophomore slump. I remember Rami Malek got dropped after winning when that happened. In fact, the whole show got dropped except for BD Wong who wasn’t able to get nominated for the first season.

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The nomination and winner phases have different voting systems, so a passion pick like Porter who does not have the consensus to get a SAG nomination is the kind of contender who can both win and be lucky to be nominated.

@riley have you seen the Undoing?

I do not think that anyone has.

Ryan F
    Participant
    Topics:

Should Winona Ryder for The Third Day in the prediction centre be replaced with Emily Watson?

gabspss
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Porter was a situation last year where it was harder to get the nomination than the win. This year has a more crowded field, so the nomination will be harder. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, I thought I heard about Pose undergoing a sophomore slump. I remember Rami Malek got dropped after winning when that happened. In fact, the whole show got dropped except for BD Wong who wasn’t able to get nominated for the first season.

It makes a lot of sense, thanks. I’m going to switch Porter out for Wright.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought I heard about Pose undergoing a sophomore slump.

Maybe in terms of an awards run but quality wise season 2 is far better than season 1. It’s it’s footing as the series it wants to be as it sets up 5 season run and trimmed the fat of the lesser aspects of S1

Vis-a-vis awards, Porter himself has two winning tapes (if they still mattered) in 2×01 & 2×06. As does Rodriguez, Ross, LuPone & Peppermint, but neither of them unfortunately stand a chance of a nomination outside of LuPone & Peppermint in guest.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmy Nominations (Predictions Center Now Active)’ is closed to new replies.