Home Forums Television 2020 Emmy Nominations (Predictions Center Now Active)

2020 Emmy Nominations (Predictions Center Now Active)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
  • Lieutenant
    Participant
    Topics:

think people could be underestimating The Plot Against America in the limited categories.

Made by David Simon so it should be good, subject matter is very relevant and the first review was glowing with particular praise to Zoe Kazan.

Hoping Winona Ryder has a decent role that could potentially score her a supporting actress nom, it would be justice for her being snubbed for Season 1 of Stranger ThingS.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy is humiliating. Maisel is so easily sweeping. Unless there’s some sudden urge to reward Schitt’s Creek which of course wouldn’t be surprising or necessarily undeserved.

You do realize broadcast network’s best Tv series is in that ‘humiliating’ genre, yes?

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, Comedy is brutal this year. I hope Schitt’s Creek can pull it off because Maisel would be such a boring winner. Maybe Run could happen too, if it’s any good.

Lieutenant
    Participant
    Topics:

Catherine O’Hara deserves the Emmy.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy is humiliating. Maisel is so easily sweeping. Unless there’s some sudden urge to reward Schitt’s Creek which of course wouldn’t be surprising or necessarily undeserved.

Even though she’s not the predictions centre (yet?), I wonder if Stephanie Hsu could benefit from the Maisel love and general bareness from the comedy field.

Her arc this season as a whole season run-through was larger than Hinkle’s so if voters watch the show (which they do) I think she would be able to make. The only thing stopping her is the internal competition from three other people from her show.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Schitts creek could easily have a passion win like fleabag last year or parasite at the oscars this year. But yeah comedy is so bare, who knows what will fill the other categories.

moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

I can see “Maisel” and “Schitt” pulling a “Handmaid’s Tale” season two and (to a lesser extent because no Andrew Scott) “Fleabag” season two, and getting most of their core cast nominated. “Maisel” is already Sort of there, but could conceivably add Zegen, Lynch, and basically guest star Brown. Eugene Levy and O’Hara should be back, as well as Dan Levy and hopefully Murphy. Not sure anyone outside that core four can make it in, but getting those supporting nominations would be crucial to the show’s overall support.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

But yeah comedy is so bare, who knows what will fill the other categories.

I thought of these in, say, five minutes. In an ideal world:

Comedy Series
    GLOW
    The Good Place
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Run
    Schitt’s Creek

Lead Actor
    Jim Carrey, Kidding
    Ted Danson, The Good Place
    Hugh Laurie, Avenue 5
    Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    Andy Samberg, Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Lead Actress
    Kristen Bell, The Good Place
    Alison Brie, GLOW
    Rachel Brosnahan, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Kirsten Dunst, On Becoming a God in Central Florida
    Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek

Supporting Actor
    William Jackson Harper, The Good Place
    Marc Evan Jackson, The Good Place
    Manny Jacinto, The Good Place
    Dan Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    Tony Shalhoub, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Supporting Actress
    Alex Borstein, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    D’Arcy Carden, The Good Place
    Jameela Jamil, The Good Place
    Jane Lynch, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek

Tell me again how comedy is so ‘bare’ and ‘brutal’.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Guest 2018.
    furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

You keep repeating actors practicly from four shows in every category. Your post is a counterargument to your point.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  furbul.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  furbul.
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought of these in, say, five minutes. In an ideal world:

Comedy Series
    GLOW
    The Good Place
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Run
    Schitt’s Creek

Lead Actor
    Jim Carrey, Kidding
    Ted Danson, The Good Place
    Hugh Laurie, Avenue 5
    Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    Adam Sandburg, Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Lead Actress
    Kristen Bell, The Good Place
    Alison Brie, GLOW
    Rachel Brosnahan, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Kirsten Dunst, On Becoming a God in Central Florida
    Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek

Supporting Actor
    Dan Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    Tony Shalhoub, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Supporting Actress
    Alex Borstein, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    D’Arcy Carden, The Good Place
    Jameela Jamil, The Good Place
    Jane Lynch, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek

Tell me again how comedy is so ‘bare’ and ‘brutal’.

Because you didn’t fill any of the categories. And a good chunk of them are not contenders. And you created someone named Adam Sandburg.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought of these in, say, five minutes. In an ideal world: Comedy Series GLOW The Good Place The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Run Schitt’s Creek Lead Actor Jim Carrey, Kidding Ted Danson, The Good Place Hugh Laurie, Avenue 5 Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek Adam Sandburg, Brooklyn Nine-Nine Lead Actress Kristen Bell, The Good Place Alison Brie, GLOW Rachel Brosnahan, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Kirsten Dunst, On Becoming a God in Central Florida Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek Supporting Actor William Jackson Harper, The Good Place Marc Evan Jackson, The Good Place Manny Jacinto, The Good Place Dan Levy, Schitt’s Creek Tony Shalhoub, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Supporting Actress Alex Borstein, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel D’Arcy Carden, The Good Place Jameela Jamil, The Good Place Jane Lynch, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek Tell me again how comedy is so ‘bare’ and ‘brutal’.

Thats what I mean. Its basicly only two shows that are really in the race. I highly doubt the Good place will get 7 acting noms and Run will get none. By the way its andy samberg not adam sandberg.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought of these in, say, five minutes. In an ideal world: Comedy Series GLOW The Good Place The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Run Schitt’s Creek Lead Actor Jim Carrey, Kidding Ted Danson, The Good Place Hugh Laurie, Avenue 5 Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek Adam Sandburg, Brooklyn Nine-Nine Lead Actress Kristen Bell, The Good Place Alison Brie, GLOW Rachel Brosnahan, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Kirsten Dunst, On Becoming a God in Central Florida Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek Supporting Actor William Jackson Harper, The Good Place Marc Evan Jackson, The Good Place Manny Jacinto, The Good Place Dan Levy, Schitt’s Creek Tony Shalhoub, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Supporting Actress Alex Borstein, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel D’Arcy Carden, The Good Place Jameela Jamil, The Good Place Jane Lynch, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek Tell me again how comedy is so ‘bare’ and ‘brutal’.

You literally posted proof that Comedy is bare lmao

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting Actor

I know we disagree on this particular show (still don’t think any of these three will get in….sorry..do think Danson will for actor though) but I would highly recommend narrowing that down…in no way would all three make it through

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Jeremy Strong and Brian Cox have never been nominated together for “Succession.” Will the Emmys finally be the first ones to nominate both or will only one make it in? I currently have just Cox making it, but I could definitely see a surprise here. I also don’t know what to do with Milo Ventimiglia; unless he has something really great in these last few episodes, he shouldn’t be nominated – at least not in lead. NBC really should push him down to supporting; even Justin Hartley is more of a lead this season.

My thought here is that, if you’re a Succession fan – why would you vote one over the other when you are not limited in the number of choices? I would imagine that the majority of Succession fans would vote for both and if you are predicting it to win drama series (as many here are) – wouldn’t that indicate enough support to get both in?

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Even though she’s not the predictions centre (yet?), I wonder if Stephanie Hsu could benefit from the Maisel love and general bareness from the comedy field. Her arc this season as a whole season run-through was larger than Hinkle’s so if voters watch the show (which they do) I think she would be able to make. The only thing stopping her is the internal competition from three other people from her show.

I thought Hsu was great, but I don’t think she has much of a chance at all. Borstein, Hinkle, and Lynch all have bigger parts, better performances, and bigger names. Even in a weak year like this, I don’t think Maisel is strong enough to pull of four nominees in one category.

I also wouldn’t say she has a larger arc than Hinkle, cause I don’t think her character really has all that much of an arc. She falls for Joel, but aside from that, we don’t really see any change in her character, and outside of one interaction with Midge, which is initiated by Joel, I don’t Mei doesn’t have any moments onscreen without him. Rose didn’t really have a super noticeable arc this season, but I’d say it was more pronounced than Mei’s. She starts out the season trying to provide for her family, and while that peters out early on, she ends it trying to accomplish the same thing, albeit in a different and unorthodox manner.

Anyway, maybe Hsu will become a main cast member next year and with a larger role she could become part of the conversation. I just don’t think it’s in the cards this time around.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmy Nominations (Predictions Center Now Active)’ is closed to new replies.