Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 7)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 504 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca
Jays
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

Let’s continue the conversation from Part 6.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

The Outsider started with a Metacritic score of 58. It could still get acting nominations since reviews praise the performances, but I wouldn’t consider it a big player. Also, it’s going limited.

If you have read this from the reviews it might be wrong because many critics cited Watchmen as a limited series as well. I checked HBO’s videos on it and they still brand it as a “series” instead of “limited series”.

Profile picture
    furbul
    Topics:

Neither example is applicable, Homeland went for too long, it also had a horrible third season that was snubbed for Drama along with the male lead in Drama Actor, even so, Danes managed 5 consecutive nominations. This is us have maintained the same quality (some believe that has gotten even better) and it will have only 6 seasons. Davis is pretty obvious, from day 1, no one cares for her show outside the actors, and just some of them care, since outside of her, the show can get only in the Guest categories.

For the record This Is Us was renewed for three seasons but it was never confirmed that sixth one would be final. And even if that would end up true you have two and a half seasons to go. Everything might happen. Yes, the reviews stayed more or less the same – there wasn’t very notable increase or decrease of quality despite SOME people having different opinions. But the vievership has considerably shrunk and this is never helpful.
    All I’m saying is these performances felt undeniable when their shows were new and fresh but with the show fatigue often come snubs in other categories.
    Personally I think Sterling will mainain his nomination this year but it could be his last one.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by furbul.
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Better Things returns in March 5;

What We Do in the Shadows returns in April 15;

Fargo returns in April 19;

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/09/fx-premiere-dates-fargo-archer-more/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:
    Luca
    Topics:

The limited series field is getting… crowded. I can’t believe we’ll have such strong drama AND limited series fields. I’m so ready. But I swear, if “Unbelievable” isn’t amply recognized, I will raise hell. Atm, I see limited series being Fargo, Little Fires Everywhere, The Undoing, Mrs. America and Unbelievable.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Release Dates for FX Series

Breeders- March 2nd

Dave- March 4

Devs- March 5

Better Things S4- March 5

Mrs. America- April 15

What We Do in the Shadows- April 15

Fargo S4- April 19

Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

Atlanta won’t debut season 3 until January 2021, just in from FX’s TCA session.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

The limited series field is getting… crowded. I can’t believe we’ll have such strong drama AND limited series fields. I’m so ready. But I swear, if “Unbelievable” isn’t amply recognized, I will raise hell. Atm, I see limited series being Fargo, Little Fires Everywhere, The Undoing, Mrs. America and Unbelievable.

It is indeed stacked. We will also have Ryan Murphy’s Hollywood and Alex Garland’s Devs.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

No Atlanta, so this might be the year for Schitt’s Creek. Gonna go out like Fleabag.

Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:
    puck05
    Topics:

Trailer for Alex Garland’s Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBb2LNWRInw

I think we already have a winner for directing and cinematography.

Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

I think we’re still waiting on premiere date news for Barry and Insecure and Dead to Me and Russian Doll, as I don’t think HBO or Netflix have TCA sessions scheduled this week, but, if none of them premiere in the next 5 months, then it looks like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel should easily pick up another 8 Emmys this year.

Profile picture
    furbul
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2020/01/atlanta-update-season-3-4-beyond-episode-increase-scheduling-tca-1202825802/

Season 3 and 4 look to be 8 episodes each.

You’re linking an article stating that season three is 10 episodes long now 😉

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel should easily pick up another 8 Emmys this year.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel demonstrated a remarkable knack last year for picking up another eight Emmys even while losing series, writing, directing, actress, casting and editing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.