Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 7)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Jays
Riley Chow
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Porter might be Pose’s only nomination (though he could easily be snubbed, too), but there’s no way Ozark is being shut out. The industry loves this thing. They love Jason Bateman. I would say at the very least he and Garner will be returnees.

Bateman might get another nomination for directing the Outsider too

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Bateman might get another nomination for directing the Outsider too

That’s in limited series though.

Y’all ain’t ready when Julia comes to snatch her second Emmy over all ur favs.

Hmm, I’m not so sure about that. She’s freakin’ phenomenal, but she easily capitalized on the GOT vote-split and the lack of “strong” competition. This year it’s a bloodbath. As of now, I’d say the win is between HBC and Newton, with Strahovski as a spoiler if she gets nominated.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

^My post was sarcastic. Girl deserves the world but the only reason she won an Emmy is because stars aligned for her. While not seen yet, Thandie Newton is the frontrunner imo. HBC lacks passion, although she’ll be the only one nominated for a SAG going in.

That SAG nod is quite important though IMO. Supporting players who get SAG nods (or even win them) often win the Emmy – recently, Garner and Shalhoub. But I did have HBC predicted to win both CC and the GG, so it’s a bit surprising that she didn’t take either one. I love how no one is just name-checking though. Had someone told me six months ago that neither Streep nor HBC were going to win any precursors, I would have laughed out of disbelief.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope the new season will be as good as or better than the first. I want the show to get into Series, Writing, Directing, Actor for Youssef, Supporting Actor for Mahershala Ali and Supporting Actress noms for Hiam Abbas and May Calamawy.

So I hope it gets it’s Fleabag moment… exploding in it’s second season. That Globe win for Youssef is one of my favorite award wins this year so far!

Too far off the grid, too far off the reservation. A one-time outlier.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s in limited series though.

Wow really? I can’t even tell anymore haha… Category fraud became an annual thing these days

Snow
    Participant
    Topics:

As of now, I’d say the win is between HBC and Newton, with Strahovski as a spoiler if she gets nominated.

If HBC doesn’t win this year, she’ll probably stay empty handed one more time next year, right? This year will be her only shot. Highly unlikely a win for her next year with Emma Corrin and Gillian Anderson in the mix.

Octavia Spencer rules

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

I maintain, respectfully, that any drama series talk needs to include The Expanse in that conversation. 100 on Rotten Tomatoes, 91 on Metacritic for season 4.

Surely they would contend in:
    Drama Series
    Actor: Steven Strait
    Actress: Shohreh Aghdashloo
    S Actor: Wes Chatham, Burn Collins
    S Actress: Dominique Tipper
    Guest Actress: Frankie Adams

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/fx-on-hulu-emmys-devs-mrs-america-1203476241/

Academy will consider FX on Hulu as FX. That being said, I personally think these shows should at least have a weekly/marathon run on FX after they air on Hulu.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Too bad the New Pope will probably get snubbed all over again.
    The first season was brilliant and criminally ignored by the Emmys

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Couverture
    Participant
    Topics:

Imagine never giving this a cinematography win.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I maintain, respectfully, that any drama series talk needs to include The Expanse in that conversation. 100 on Rotten Tomatoes, 91 on Metacritic for season 4.

Surely they would contend in:
    Drama Series
    Actor: Steven Strait
    Actress: Shohreh Aghdashloo
    S Actor: Wes Chatham, Burn Collins
    S Actress: Dominique Tipper
    Guest Actress: Frankie Adams

Too Sci-Fi for the Emmys, just like Battlestar Galactica. An A-List cast is what allows a science fiction series like Westworld to thrive at awards, while this one fails. I love me some Shohreh, but I can’t even get myself to watch this series bc it’s just not my cup of tea. Maybe one day?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  24fanatic.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  24fanatic.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Imagine never giving this a cinematography win.

Don’t even remind me…

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.