Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 7)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Jays
Riley Chow
  • puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

Trailer for Mrs. America: https://youtu.be/IFDrs1iuGmQ

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

If you have read this from the reviews it might be wrong because many critics cited Watchmen as a limited series as well. I checked HBO’s videos on it and they still brand it as a “series” instead of “limited series”.

HBO calls it a “10-episode series”, but I guess you never know nowadays. Also, I believe Barry will return before June. Hopefully, we’ll get news soon.

FX plans on releasing two seasons of Atlanta in one year. How would that work with award bodies following a January-December eligibility period?

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Breeders trailer

https://youtu.be/Ke_4oCiBeTk

Freeman and Haggard look great.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

The limited series field is getting… crowded. I can’t believe we’ll have such strong drama AND limited series fields. I’m so ready. But I swear, if “Unbelievable” isn’t amply recognized, I will raise hell. Atm, I see limited series being Fargo, Little Fires Everywhere, The Undoing, Mrs. America and Unbelievable.

I know this sounds bad, but that lineup seems too female centric. I’d probably swap Perry Mason for The Undoing.

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Breeders trailer

Meh, FX is usually bolder than this.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I know this sounds bad, but that lineup seems too female centric. I’d probably swap Perry Mason for The Undoing.

I’d assume Little Fires Everywhere would be the most vulnerable rather than The Undoing, just from whats on paper. Reese is great but we can’t assume every Hello Sunshine production is going to be the next BLL. And the source material doesn’t seem particularly special.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I finished Succession last night and it deserves so many frigging Emmys.

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Reese is great but we can’t assume every Hello Sunshine production is going to be the next BLL.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d assume Little Fires Everywhere would be the most vulnerable rather than The Undoing, just from whats on paper. Reese is great but we can’t assume every Hello Sunshine production is going to be the next BLL. And the source material doesn’t seem particularly special.

I agree that not every production will be like BLL, but I still have faith in Little Fires Everywhere. The casting is spot on and it’ll be Hulu’s main push here (unless you count Mrs. America which is FX on Hulu). The same could be said for The Undoing. Not everything Nicole produces will be like BLL either. Either way, I’d have Perry Mason in before both of them.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Fargo season 4 trailer

https://youtu.be/UcPU3mIuUmA

Looks amazing!

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Fargo season 4 trailer https://youtu.be/UcPU3mIuUmA Looks amazing!

Very excited for this. I wasn’t sure about Chris Rock when I heard about this, but I figured he’d be good since all the shows principles manage to turn in great performances. From what I see it looks like he’ll be just fine. Schwartzman also looks like he could be a lot of fun here too. Always happy to have more Fargo.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Fargo season 4 trailer

Looks amazing!

Prayer circle for Jessie Buckley’s Emmy nomination starts NOW!

Praying

TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

I know no one watches or cares for SVU anymore, but wow Kelli Giddish had such an amazing performance on tonight’s episode, “Must Be Held Accountable.”

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

For the record This Is Us was renewed for three seasons but it was never confirmed that sixth one would be final. And even if that would end up true you have two and a half seasons to go. Everything might happen. Yes, the reviews stayed more or less the same – there wasn’t very notable increase or decrease of quality despite SOME people having different opinions. But the vievership has considerably shrunk and this is never helpful.
    All I’m saying is these performances felt undeniable when their shows were new and fresh but with the show fatigue often come snubs in other categories.
    Personally I think Sterling will mainain his nomination this year but it could be his last one.

Yeah, you are correct for the most part here, but there are not going to be more than 6 seasons, Dan Fogelman already confirmed that, this is why I think that it will maintain the same quality until the end, he has proven that he knows what he is doing and that he has a plan and a prepared finale, some of it it was already filmed, unlike some others writers. Also, it is still number 1 drama along with Grey’s Anatomy, so the viewership is very strong, it is less than before like everything on live TV, this is not how people consume shows anymore.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Fargo season 4 trailer

Looks amazing!

Waw, the best Limited/Miniseries of the last decade by far, I am so hyped! And Ben Whishaw in another transformative role without prosthetics and only with the help of his voice and body language, is there something that this man cannot do? What an actor!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.