Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 8)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 461 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
thatnerdgreg
Riley Chow
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

This is easy to say now, but before season 3 airing everyone was saying that S3 will be the best one yet. Also, Olivia Colman has many incredible roles, Claire Foy, unfortunately, has nothing even remotely close to what she did in The Crown, si it was logical to think that Colman would have delivered the same level of acting, unfortunately, she couldn’t. You are right about HBC.

And I hope that you will be right about Westworld, I was one of the few who loved the second season more than the first, so I am genuinely excited.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Do we know when the predictions center is opening for this?

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably late February  or early March, but the film awards season is over now unlike previous years.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Jude Law joins the list of multiple contenders with The Third Day set to air May 11. HBO now has seven titles for the limited series category.

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

That is insane. Naomie Harris co-leads with Emily Watson supporting. It is like HBO is feeling pressure from Netflix to put out constantly.  In addition to the four high-profile outright miniseries they have coming in the next four months, they have their other “genres” covered with WestworldRun and Bad Education.  The Outsider has become a sleeper hit, so I wonder if it can pull an Ozark.

keybored
    Participant
    Topics:

According to Friday’s issue of entertainment weekly, Killing eve s3 will come back on April 26. Does this just take out the two eps airing after the eligibility  period or all 8 eps are out for this year?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  keybored.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  keybored.
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The Emmys have newly flexible rules this year to ensure that all of those episodes will be eligible.

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Hunters Red Band Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKmqtaxIS3Y

I’m still considering Logan, Al, and Jerrika for acting noms.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

First teaser for Run: https://youtu.be/_jwEiXdJGKM

Definitely has potential.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks interesting but I was waiting for at least one joke…

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

At least I’m not alone on this island anymore:

The Daily Beast: Kristen Bell Deserves an Emmy Nomination for ‘The Good Place’ Finale https://www.thedailybeast.com/kristen-bell-deserves-an-emmy-nod-for-the-good-place-finale

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

If Killing Eve, Better Call Saul, Homeland and Westworld turn out to be really really good (like the best seasons ever of their shows), could that mean that Big Little Lies, The Handmaid’s Tale and Stranger Things get shut out from everything other than Dern, Kidman, Streep, Harbour, Moss and maybe Strahovski and some other guest acting categories?

FYC BAFTA : Florence Pugh, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Greta Gerwig, Renée & Joaquin
    FYC Oscar ; Renée Zellweger, Joaquin Phoenix & Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    FYC GD : Florence Pugh in all Categories, Wild Rose (Best Song)
    FYC BAFTA TV : Olivia Colman, Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years
    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Olivia Colman, Ruth Wilson

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

If Killing Eve, Better Call Saul, Homeland and Westworld turn out to be really really good (like the best seasons ever of their shows), could that mean that Big Little Lies, The Handmaid’s Tale and Stranger Things get shut out from everything other than Dern, Kidman, Streep, Harbour, Moss and maybe Strahovski and some other guest acting categories?

LOL, no. You (the collective you) are really trying to come up with every possible argument to discount those three shows’ chances. I love Homeland to death, but amazing or not, it’s not returning to the Emmys in any big way (sadly). BCS and WW are safe bets anyway, and KE, I will say it again, will be lucky to make it. Handmaid’s got more nods that KE S2 did with just three episodes, so this does make me laugh. Besides, KE will suffer the same fate that so many shows have: the luckluster response to a not-so-great second season

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not predicting it but few things would make me happier than if THT bombed. Just so people would stop acting like it’s forever the locked underdog just because it got a whole bunch of Emmy nominations for some hanging episodes in a weak year.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 461 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.