Home Forums Television 2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 8)

2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 461 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
thatnerdgreg
Riley Chow
  • Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

YES!!! Okay good, things just got a little more interesting…

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Carden is winning Supporting Actress. Full stop.

Great strategy by NBC/Universal by announcing yesterday the final season of the Good Place will be available on May 19 on DVD, precisely the right time to nudge the show back into the spotlight with academy voters. The prior 3 seasons were released on DVD in August/September.

rlk
    Participant
    Topics:

Carden is winning Supporting Actress.

She wasn’t deservingly nominated last year with the “Janet(s)” episode–and could/should have won for it. I know you are a stan, but even you should be able to see this prediction is a stretch.

daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys think Sex Education could be nominated for some awards? This show is sooooo underrated. Great script, great actors and it’s also politically relevant and important.

The Emmys shouldn’t ignore it again.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Run will debut April 12

Merrit Weaver, take all the Emmys you want for Unbelievable but I’m begging you to leave comedy actress for Catherine O’Hara

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Run will debut April 12

Yawn…

nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys think Sex Education could be nominated for some awards? This show is sooooo underrated. Great script, great actors and it’s also politically relevant and important.

The Emmys shouldn’t ignore it again.

It would certainly make my ballot in a few categories, and I think if it was an american show it would make more of a dent but I think it’s britishness will work against it. It’s not quite a big enough of a hit for voters to look at it as anything other than “that british high school show”, even though if you watch it you know it’s so much more than that. If i had a ballot I’d probably give it at least a nom for:

Comedy Series
    Asa Butterfield for Lead Actor (this is the one I’m most shakey on)
    Emma Mackey for Lead Actress (best performer on the show imo)
    Ncuti Gatwa for Supporting Actor (although a case could be made for Lead)
    Gillian Anderson for Supporting Actress (I’m also very tempted to include Aimee Lou Wood here but I’d have to think about my ballot more)
    Episode 1 for Best Directing
    Episode 7 for Best Writing

Not to mention some very deserving nods for Cinematography, Production Design, and definitely costume design

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Run will debut April 12

Pheobe waller-bridge could be getting another emmy this year.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Looking forward to seeing what excuse Guest2018 uses to discredit Run competing in the Comedy categories.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I just finished binging both seasons of Sex Education these past 2 days and I really like it. I see nkb325 has it in Comedy categories… is it a Comedy though? I mean it can be very funny but also quite serious at the same time so… mmhh

I agree it has a stellar cast notably Ncuti Gatwa, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Asa Butterfield and Kedar Williams-Stirling.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Looking forward to seeing what excuse Guest2018 uses to discredit Run competing in the Comedy categories.

“Issa Drama pretending to be a Comedy”

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I just finished binging both seasons of Sex Education these past 2 days and I really like it. I see nkb325 has it in Comedy categories… is it a Comedy though? I mean it can be very funny but also quite serious at the same time so… mmhh

I agree it has a stellar cast notably Ncuti Gatwa, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Asa Butterfield and Kedar Williams-Stirling.

It competed in drama last year and I expect it will stay there. I had actually predicted for Anderson to get into the weak supporting actress field. I still think she was probably top 10.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Better Call Saul’s penultimate season starts with impressive score of 94 on Metacritic. The final season of Homeland starts with two   low 80 reviews. Staying above 78 would be the highest score since season 2.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

The biggest question that no one can answer is: will Better Call Saul win an Emmy some day or not?

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

The biggest question that no one can answer is: will Better Call Saul win an Emmy some day or not?

Bob Odenkirk may win for the final season especially considering the trend with lead actor.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 461 total)

The topic ‘2020 Emmys Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.