Home Forums Television 2020 Final Nomination Predictions

2020 Final Nomination Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 214 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
Kay
2020 Final Nomination Predictions
Nominations are almost here
10 votes (11.90%)
I cannot believe that we have almost made it
24 votes (28.57%)
The voters had time to watch everything this year maybe
14 votes (16.67%)
Luca has been in the top ten the last two years
13 votes (15.48%)
All threads should be polls
23 votes (27.38%)
  • Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

I feel like I change my drama actress lineup daily.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

I finished Euphoria and this show deserves so much love.

Cinematography, Costumes, Make Up, Hairstyling, Production Design, Casting, Picture Editing, Music Supervision, Original Music & Lyrics and Directing are the ones with more chances.

A series nomination would be delusional thinking a few months ago but after BAFTA and TCA the show definetely stands a chance.

However the nomination I want the most is Lead Actress for Zendaya. She impressed in a way it’s hard to describe. What a performance!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fvg627
    Topics:

I will die on the Macfadyen hill. He should be closer to winning than to being snubbed for a nomination.

Since I’m 50/50 on Macfadyen being nominated, I decided not to predict him just to hedge my bets. I’ll be crushed if he’s snubbed so at least I can be happy that my prediction was correct. (Same with Culkin)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

4. Added Michelle Dockery (Defending Jacob) – 4 Lead Actress Emmy nominations is nothing to scoff at. And she’s a previous nominee in this category. And I believe Emmy voters definitely watched it. The Whodunnit crime mystery is right up they alley.

I’ve been contemplating this too. I thought of swapping Kerry Washington for her but I’m not sure that it would pay-off.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I have Yvonne Orji, Mahershela Ali and James Marsden in, but my gut tells me that all three will miss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I just realized Tom Pelphrey and Sarah Snook have the same birthday tomorrow and how great would it be if they both got nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I will probably flop hard… I been knew. I don’t have The Morning Show, I chose Davis and Moore over Kidman and Comer. I refuse to let go of Ventimiglia, Wright and Bobby Brown and I don’t have any Supporting Actor from Succession.

Took me a good few moments to realise this was referring to the British star of Stranger Things and not the former member of New Edition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Rachel Hilson

Teen and adult Beth nominations let’s go

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I have to decided to take out Cherry Jones altogether in drama guest actress (cry). I just don’t see how the acting support for Succession is strong enough to get her nominated over Handmaid’s, for which she’s been nominated twice and won. If she gets in for Succession, then she gets in for Handmaid’s too, and I just don’t see that happening. Instead, I have gone back to Laverne Cox and Jane Lapotaire.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Me trying to keep it together after flopping with my predictions and Succession getting shut out outside of Lead Actor in acting.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Just want to remind everyone that every year a contender which is not on the predictions center goes on to receive a nomination. Let’s see who will be that this year. Feel free to share your predictions.

Matt Berry, What We Do in the Shadows
    Niles Fitch, This Is Us
    Rachel Hilson, This Is Us
    Werner Herzog, The Mandalorian

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Me when Sandra Oh gets in tomorrow

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I put Silicon Valley back into Comedy Series. Idk… Comedy Series is hard to predict those last 3 spots!

Ramy – Will it really explode with noms this year?

The Kominsky Method – Underperformed last year despite buzz and winning the Globe. What changed this year?

Better Things – Is there really the kind of passion for this show for it to get its first Series nom for a later season? I don’t see this as a show with the same kind of fandom as Schitt’s Creek, Friday Night Lights or The Americans.

Despite bad reviews, will one of the space shows really be nominated? (Space Force or Avenue 5?)

Or will the Emmys go for fresh new shows like The Great and/or Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist??

Comedy Series should have stuck with 6 nominees this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

If Seehorn misses again we-

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m panicking over what to put for my last two Drama Series slots: The Morning Show, Big Little Lies, or Pose. TMS and BLL struck big at SAG and the Globes when only Porter was able to make it in to one of those, and I’m predicting both to get multiple acting nods, so they feel like the obvious answers. But something about Pose just feels so enticing. It’s MUCH more of a critical favorite than the other two, and other than This Is Us, it’s the only contender with more than one or two non-white cast members, and the only contender with an all-black cast. It also hit at Critics Choice (where TMS and BLL couldn’t land series or Aniston) and made it at TCA (where both others were shut out). It’s extremely socially and politically relevant, maybe even more than The Handmaid’s Tale at this point, and it’s got more passion than most of the other potential nominees. Am I just overthinking it, or does Pose still have a fighting chance?

Just want to remind everyone that every year a contender which is not on the predictions center goes on to receive a nomination. Let’s see who will be that this year. Feel free to share your predictions.

If Ari Graynor makes it in, I’ll never complain about an Emmys decision ever again.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 214 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.