Home Forums Television 2020 Final Nomination Predictions

2020 Final Nomination Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 214 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
Kay
2020 Final Nomination Predictions
Nominations are almost here
10 votes (11.90%)
I cannot believe that we have almost made it
24 votes (28.57%)
The voters had time to watch everything this year maybe
14 votes (16.67%)
Luca has been in the top ten the last two years
13 votes (15.48%)
All threads should be polls
23 votes (27.38%)
  • Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

Since you know that I almost never watch comedies, is there someone who has watched all three – The Great, Dead to me and Better Things? I want to know who is the least good or the least impressive between Fanning, Cardellini and Adlon?

1. Cardellini
    2. Adlon
    3. Fanning

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Switching Esposito for Duplass at the last minute. He just makes too much sense with my prediction of TMS overperforming and him and his brother have worked with so many people over those past few years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

This is going to be me tomorrow morning when I find out I’ve underestimated TIU’s chances for the second year in a row.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I can see Susan Kelechi Watson pulling off Mandy Moore tomorrow.

And good, because she deserved it last year over that nothing performances of GoT actresses lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

This is going to be me tomorrow morning when I find out I’ve underestimated TIU’s chances for the second year in a row.

It’s not too late… I added Ventimiglia yesterday.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

With how random This is Us’ acting nominations are I wouldn’t be surprised.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

Insane to me that someone could put Cardellini ahead of Adlon in terms of quality when Adlon delivered the comedy performance of the year…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Having seen all three, I’d say Adlon is the least impressive. She’s very very good, but it’s a very naturalistic and non-showy performance. It also helps that Fanning and Cardellini simply have more fascinating and layered characters. While Sam is funny and fascinating and very unique, she just doesn’t have the material of a Russian empress wresting power from a madman or a (more than) slightly mentally unstable woman keeping secrets about murders.

Thank you, you helped me a lot! I have seen Adlon and all seasons of Californication where she played an over the top character, and just clips of Better Things, so I already had a similar impression, a one that you just confirmed.

Switching Esposito for Duplass at the last minute. He just makes too much sense with my prediction of TMS overperforming and him and his brother have worked with so many people over those past few years.

Yes, but his brother is the only Transparent lead actor that never got nominated to anything.

I just checked the predictions of all the editors and basically (almost) all of them are predicting a complete snub for This is us with the exception of Brown, although, some of them are predicting a snub for him too, which is really shocking to me, tomorrow many editors will be shocked once again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

I’d say Adlon is the least impressive.

Really? I’d say the opposite.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Yes, but his brother is the only Transparent lead actor that never got nominated to anything.

Amy Landecker was snubbed everywhere, too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

NGNG predictions:
    Comedy Series: Never Have I Ever
    Comedy supporting: Jameela Jamil, The Good Place
    Comedy Guest Actress: Angela Basset, Black Lady Sketch Show
    Comedy Guest Actor: Brad Pitt, SNL
    Limiter Supporting Actor: Amit Rahav, Unorthodox
    Variet Talk: Patriot Act

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Ivo Stoyanov wrote:

Amy Landecker was snubbed everywhere, too.

Yes, true, you are correct, it was even worst for her cause Jay Duplass did got one Critics Choice noms. However, he had zero internal competition, while she had three actresses as such – Judith Light, Gaby Hoffmann and Kathryn Hahn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I just switched Seehorn for Strahovski. I feel like we are understimating THT a lot and since she seems to be the most acclaimed of the supporting cast, I decided to give her a chance (and she also deserves it). I also slotted Fiennes into my supporting actor line up.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ok so I have a few conundrums :

– Tracey Ullman, Hong Chau or Alison Janney?
    – Hiam Abbass, Gillian Anderson or D’Arcy Carden?
    – Noah Reid or Michael Zeagan?
    – Giancarlo Esposito, Joseph Fiennes or  Mark Duplass?
    – Laverne Cox or Harriet Walter?

Also in other news I have just replaced Jim Parsons for Jaeden Martell. Parson and Mantello remind me too much of Clooney and Chandler last year and if Apple can get Evans and maybe even Defending Jacob in ultra competitive categories then why can’t they get someone in here? I mean Martell IS Jacob, despite this being his first major TV role he isn’t exactly an unknown, him an Evans could be riding on the buzz of Knives Out still and considering how many people (both non Defending Jacob and Defending Jacob stans) voted for him based on 200 ballots for the GD awards audience popularity doesn’t seem to be an issue for him.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Ok so I have a few conundrums : – Tracey Ullman, Hong Chau or Alison Janney? – Hiam Abbass, Gillian Anderson or D’Arcy Carden? – Noah Reid or Michael Zeagan? – Giancarlo Esposito, Joseph Fiennes or Mark Duplass? – Laverne Cox or Harriet Walter? 

Responding to your conundrums:

– Allison Janney

– I have Abbass and Anderson. Both are my NGNG of the category

– Michael Zeagan

– Joseph Fiennes

– Neither 🤭

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 214 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.