Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes ceremony: Reactions to TV winners (and losers)

2020 Golden Globes ceremony: Reactions to TV winners (and losers)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 183 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Marcus Snowden
Ivo Stoyanov
estrelasdealg..
  • AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah the same happened with me. So much for being a top 24 user lol, none of my risky predictions paid off, even though I thought The Morning Show and Aniston were actually safe predictions and not risky. I guess I shouldn’t have predicted Porter, but he just seemed like someone they would want on the stage. With JLo losing, that’s another lesson I’ve learned.

You are right about Arquette, in hindsight that is such an obvious win, although we were right about someone from a limited series taking this.
    I think, with Skarsgard also winning, one thing is very clear now – the Globes love rewarding Limited Series in supporting categories.

The only prediction I am mad about is Ben Platt, because I had Ramy for the lONGEST time and switched out to Platt in the last minute.

Also can we stop looking for a corresponding Series nod? With Arquette and especially Ramy Yousef, I think we can let go of that as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Well, most years yield exactly one winner from a non-series nominee and since we got none last year, it is fitting that we got two this year. We should have heeded Tom’s tea about The Politician and Ramy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

I did not do great but I am very proud of predicting Ramy. He just seemed like such a Globe pick and they got to be the ones to “discover” him since he was snubbed by TCA and the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Got all three series right but wow I was terrible at the acting categories, only had two right (Ramy & Michelle)

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone got a link to watch show now that’s its finished

FYC Oscars- Little Women, Saoirse Ronan, Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson/Florence Pugh

FYC EMMYS- Schitts Creek, Dead to Me/ THE MORNING SHOW, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Killing Eve

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

Succession, finally! It was time for it to win something big.

ReplyCopy URL
    Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

Olivia Colman didn’t deserved a third win for this particular performance.
    Aniston or Comer should have won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Why didn’t Olivia go up on stage with Fleabag

FYC Oscars- Little Women, Saoirse Ronan, Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson/Florence Pugh

FYC EMMYS- Schitts Creek, Dead to Me/ THE MORNING SHOW, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Killing Eve

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix vs Amazon contracts and tables I’m guessing

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Leo and Brad did not even go up for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

ReplyCopy URL
    puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

Sian Clifford answers the question at the backstage. Best drama actress category wasn’t announced so if she would go up with the Fleabag cast then she wouldn’t be able to return to her seat and be there for her award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Didn’t you also say something similar to this after the Emmys? Why are you so nationalistic?

I’m merely pointing out that just under half of the Emmy comedy and drama winners were Brits. Last night, that percentage skyrocketed to almost 65%. It’s not a value judgement, but the numbers don’t lie. What this really brings to light is the fact broadcast network TV is becoming an endangered, if not already extinct species at awards like this. It’s not a fair fight.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

The most devastating thing about Colman’s win is that now the sheep at SAG will be able to distinguish her from HBC so she’ll win there as well. Aniston could have easily won their otherwise. Why is it the Globes only stop caring about starfucking when it’s a good performance?

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

So, as usual with award shows, there’s good and bad.

Good:

– Succession deservedly sinning Drama Series as well as Cox taking TV Drama Actor

– Michelle Williams continuing her sweep and giving yet another fantastic speech

– Chernobyl taking home some hardware

Bad:

– Unbelievable going home empty handed – I mean did we really need to give that to Arquette (even if Collette was the weakest link in Unbelievable)

– Colman winning for such an underwhelming performance then acting truly shocked as if she thought she had no chance of winning when she was playing the queen lmao

– Kirsten Dunst continuing to be criminally underrated and under-rewarded

– Jared Harris not winning any awards (so far) for his brilliant work in Chernobyl

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Looking back, of course Colman’s win sounds logical, mostly because they would want to see another of her speeches.

I feel bad for Andrew Scott not getting a Globe. The Emmy snub made sense because of strong competition, but I really thought it would happen here.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 183 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.