Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV Nominations: Reactions

2020 Golden Globes TV Nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 200 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
boss
Philip
Guest 2018
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Post your thoughts on the year’s roster of contenders.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw that Jeremy Irons is being campaigned as lead. This decision is really idiotic. He’s not even borderline leading. We’re currently seven episodes into a nine episode season, and with exception of one episode where he was completely absent, he only appears for one sequence in each of them. Granted, the leading category is more empty than the supporting one, but I really struggle to see him making it in lead, while I think he would’ve made supporting.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  thatnerdgreg.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  thatnerdgreg.
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping The Good Place overperforms!

That is the truth.

No exceptions.

A Rival To Thatcher’s Reign.

mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

After seeing Tv Critics Choice nominations, i would not be surprised with one of these surprises tomorrow: Sarah Snook, Billy Crudup or Tim Blake Nelson.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Jameela Jamil could be one of the biggest surprises in the morning.

She’s already famous to a foreign audience (she’s basically a British Carson Daly); became the biggest benefactor of the show in terms of celebrity status; is always hilarious and a scene stealer on the show; feel like the HFPA will circle jerk for the show in its final season and they might feel like they owe it to her after E News infamously messed up her name on the red carpet last year.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

From your lips…

The magic number is 5. Five nominees MINIMUM; the absolute minimum they must receive. The show, Danson, KB, Harper or Jacinto and Carden or Jamil. But today we saw three streaming services in particular are the enemy of broadcast network TV.

It’s Netflix, after all, that spread the infestation that is Schitt’s Creek and faux comedy Russian Doll across the awards landscape. A contagion that has been impossible to stem.

Hulu? Yeah, you begat the final season of Veronica Mars, but you also dropped PEN15 onto an unsuspecting public.

And Amazon; you’re giving us The Expanse next Friday and for season 5, but you also share blame for Mrs. Maisel and Fleabag.

One step forward, three back.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

From your lips… The magic number is 5. Five nominees MINIMUM; the absolute minimum they must receive. The show, Danson, KB, Harper or Jacinto and Carden or Jamil. But today we saw three streaming services in particular are the enemy of broadcast network TV. It’s Netflix, after all, that spread the infestation that is Schitt’s Creek and faux comedy Russian Doll across the awards landscape. A contagion that has been impossible to stem. Hulu? Yeah, you begat the final season of Veronica Mars, but you also dropped PEN15 onto an unsuspecting public. And Amazon; you’re giving us The Expanse next Friday and for season 5, but you also share blame for Mrs. Maisel and Fleabag. One step forward, three back.

Maybe you’d like these shows if you actually watched them. I feel bad for you. You’re ranting and raving about the evil of quality programs without ever even giving them a chance. It’s almost like you’re afraid to watch them and admit that they’re good.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I made a lot of last minute changes, I hope I don’t regret.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I had a weird feeling Whitherspoon could make it for The Morning Show, but I made last minute change to Zendaya and King.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I took out Comer and put in Zendaya :O probably a dumb decision, but whatever

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

No Jharrel Jerome! Can’t believe

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura Dern is also snubbed!

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

These are terrible. Kit Harington pops up again.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    gabspss
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG No When They See Us????? Really????????????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 200 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV Nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.