Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV Nominations: Reactions

2020 Golden Globes TV Nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 192 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
boss
Philip
Guest 2018
  • Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Jennifer Aniston being nominated but…Reese Witherspoon? She’s pretty bad in TMS.
    Especially considering she was nominated over way more deserving actress like Sarah Snook, MJ Pose, Zendaya and Regina King or…Reese Witherspoon in Big Little Lies.

I’m sad HFP is really done with This Is Us.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

So we are still pretending Veep’s last season was good and deserved awards recognition? Lol. Even the Emmys dropped their beloved JLD that is how bad the season was. Accept it and move on.

I wouldn’t say the season was bad, but it took a LONG time to become great. The last two episodes were absolutely anazing, though. Also, I think the Emmys dropping JLD had more to do with how amazing Fleabag (and Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s central performance) is.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

So we are still pretending Veep’s last season was good and deserved awards recognition? Lol. Even the Emmys dropped their beloved JLD that is how bad the season was. Accept it and move on.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Jennifer Aniston being nominated but…Reese Witherspoon? She’s pretty bad in TMS. Especially considering she was nominated over way more deserving actress like Sarah Snook, MJ Pose, Zendaya and Regina King or…Reese Witherspoon in Big Little Lies.

this this this this this

alwshunter
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Jennifer Aniston being nominated but…Reese Witherspoon? She’s pretty bad in TMS. Especially considering she was nominated over way more deserving actress like Sarah Snook, MJ Pose, Zendaya and Regina King or…Reese Witherspoon in Big Little Lies. I’m sad HFP is really done with This Is Us.

YES.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say the season was bad, but it took a LONG time to become great. The last two episodes were absolutely anazing, though. Also, I think the Emmys dropping JLD had more to do with how amazing Fleabag (and Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s central performance) is.

JLD faced equally amazing, if not better, performances than PWB’s and still managed to win. This time it was due to a complete lack of quality material.

puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

I would feel less sad for When They See Us if it was snubbed over Years and Years or The Act. The Act and  Catch-22 were both released on Hulu but somehow voters chose Catch-22? I don’t get it.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Would you send me a dildo or should I try a croissant?

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Hey, that’s what happens when you spike the coffees of the 90 or so HFPA members with CBD oil.

I’ve got no F’s left to give at this point. None. It is an all-out assault on broadcast network television and if none of you can see that, you’re cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. Zero nominations. NBC needs to seriously reconsider broadcasting the Globes once their contract with them is up. Or just broadcast the movie portion of the awards.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I like Kit Harington, but what the heck? Are all these groups just voting for him cause he the show screwed him over? Would’ve given that spot to Jeremy Strong. But hey, maybe know Brían Cox has a better chance here.

Also, the lack of Watchmen is upsetting.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

These are beyond DISGUSTING. But congrats to Succession, Brian Cox and Kieran Culkin.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

The Golden Globes suck every year I’m still mad Patricia Clarkson won over literally everyone else in Supporting Actress especially because nothing came out of it.

Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

Not a single nomination for When They See Us?! WHAT THE HELL?! There’s no good excuse for that; it’s been available on Netflix for MONTHS!!

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

My least favorite thing about awards season is when people scold these awards shows for having basic, unexciting nominations, but when they finally do have different, unpredicted nominations people throw a fit because it was “their” favorite show that was snubbed lmao. Has anyone shading Catch-22 even seen Catch-22? How about we watch the nominees before commenting on whether they should have been nominated or not.

Also, it’s an awards show. It’s not the end of the world, people.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV Nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.