Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV Nominations: Reactions

2020 Golden Globes TV Nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 200 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
boss
Philip
Guest 2018
  • Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I told you 3 months ago that they would have completely shut out Veep and also GoT in series with a single acting nomination that would not have be Dinklage or Headey. But I would have never guessed that this sole acting nom would be Harrington, this is even weirder that them awarding Lady Gaga for AHS. Maybe Harrington is winning.

The shut out of WTSU is so gross and ugly that I cannot be happy about good things like King and Arquette, or Comer, or Succession. Sad.

Sam_Malone
    Participant
    Topics:

I am actually surprised at the level of hate that people have for a solid list of nominees. I have been following awards shows now for a couple of decades and there has never been a single year where people did not go “awful nominees” (though “disgusting” was rare and frankly, I think the word does not fit here). Of course, there are thousands of people with hundreds of different defintions of “best”, so naturally, no nominations will ever mirrors your unique idea of “best” (and that seems to be expected from you guys).

I finished watching Unbelievable yesterday. It moved me; it was brilliant. It is nice to see that the HFPA obviously liked it, too (though I don’t know what makes Collette supporting, but whatever). I watched When they see us a couple of months ago and can’t hardly remember a thing (only that it wasn’t enough material to justify such a long show), so I don’t mind it not being nominated. Happy that Applegate and Lyonne got it.
    I will check out Dunst’s show, it sounds interesting. That is why I like awards shows – you discover shows that might be your thing. Or you can be disgusted, whatever you wish.

So, just relax guys. You can make your own line-ups and be less disgusted afterwards.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I think people are mad about Catch because WTSU was snubbed.

And that’s exactly my point. People want surprise/inspired nominees but when it’s at the cost of their favorite show, they suddenly don’t want it lmao.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am actually surprised at the level of hate being have for a solid list of nominees. I have been following awards shows now for a couple of decades and there has never been a single year where people did not go “disgusting nominees”. Of course, there are thousands of people with hundreds of different defintions of “best”, so of course, no nominations will ever mirrors your unique idea of “best”. I finished watching Unbelievable yesterday. It moved me; it was brilliant. It is nice to see that the HFPA obviously liked it, too (though I don’t know what makes Collette supporting, but whatever). I watched When they see us a couple of months ago and can’t hardly remember a thing (only that it wasn’t enough material to justify such a long show), so I don’t mind it not being nominated. I will check out Dunst’s show, it sounds interesting. That is why I like awards shows – you discover shows that might be your thing. Or you can be disgusted, whatever you wish. So, just relax guys. You can make your own line-ups and be less disgusted afterwards.

Solid – in your opinion. The fact that they shut out all female writers and directors on the movie side and snubbed the one show will an all-black cast is incredibly alarming to me. I’m not saying they should get in based on the color of their skin or their gender, but WTF?! They nominated Catch-22 and The Loudest Voice instead? I mean, I have to laugh. I so badly want Unbelievable to beat Chernobyl, but that’s not happening in 1000 years.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Sam_Malone
    Participant
    Topics:

Solid – in your opinion. The fact that they shut out all female writers and directors on the movie side and snubbed the one show will an all-black cast is incredibly alarming to me. I’m not saying they should get in based on the color of their skin or their gender, but WTF?!

Actually you do. The only argument you are bringing for them deserving to be nominated is their sex and skin color.

I have no clue which shows have been written by female writers and created by female directors. I am sure the HFPA also doesn’t. And maybe that shouldn’t be a factor.

Marley14
    Participant
    Topics:

So Kit Harington is really walking away from Season 8 with more nominations than any other actor/actress . . . I honestly don’t know what to say.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Julian14
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

So Kit Harington is really walking away from Season 8 with more nominations than any other actor/actress . . . I honestly don’t know what to say.

Emilia Clarke, Lena headey, peter Dinklage, maisie Williams, gwendoline Christie were all more deserving</p>

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The TV predictions event is now active.

Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

No Gwyneth, no This is Us

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyway, while Strong and Snook should’ve been nominated, I’m still very happy with Succession’s nominations. I’ll be rooting for the series and Cox to win. Also good on Culkin for showing his nomination last year wasn’t a fluke.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I have no clue which shows have been written by female writers and created by female directors. I am sure the HFPA also doesn’t. And maybe that shouldn’t be a factor.

“Russian Doll,” for starters. It should be in Comedy Series over both of Netflix’s poor entries. At least Natasha got in.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Wouldn’t mind if he won, just cause it would cause quite a few hilarious reactions. In all seriousness though, as someone who’s enjoyed his work in earlier seasons, this one gave him absolutely nothing to work with, and he shouldn’t be nominated. Maybe they felt like they owed him for his season 6 snub? I don’t know, his recognition doesn’t make much sense, as his category wasn’t even empty.

Luis Vigário
    Participant
    Topics:

Catch-22 was robbed on the Emmys.
    Am I glad it got nominations on the GG and on CC.

I’m also very happy with The Loudest Voice nominations. But I wish Sienna Miller was also nominated.

EDIT: And I mean… it was a very #GGSoWhite nominations. It’s scandalous that Billy Porter is the only afro-american nominated. And I hope he wins tbh.
    But I mean… MJ Rodriguez, Zendaya, Angelica Ross, Uzo Aduba, Karen Pittman, Anthony Mackie, Dev Patel, Kerry Washington, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, …
    I did not watch “When They See Us” but I feel like the cast was pretty competent.

Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

Philip, I didn’t mention any one show. It’s the disrespect that the HFPA showed toward broadcast network TV today. It makes the Critics Choices seem almost palatable in comparison.

ALMOST.

I can’t even exert the energy to be outraged. They have bludgeoned it into oblivion. And things aren’t going to improve Wednesday with SAG. We’ll have the usual namechecks of Douglas, Fonda and Tomlin etal.

O honey. You are so transparent, we know it is all about Ms. Bell and The Good Place.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 200 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV Nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.