May 22, 2019 at 7:49 pm #1202905167
The Handmaid’s Tale is done at the Globes. It is not cool anymore.May 22, 2019 at 7:53 pm #1202905170
- I hate the fact people are predicting Meryl Streep to win just because she’s Meryl Streep. She’s gonna be good, but the others won’t be any less deserving
- Regina King isn’t an HFPA darling, and her series is too superhero-ish to be embraced so easily.
- Wasn’t Aniston staring in a Netflix project recently? Yet she’s been shamelessly ignored. She’s not an awards darling.
- Octavia Spencer needs to prove herself in TV. Not everybody is embraced that easily.
- Oh will be dropped, that monotonous acting isn’t getting rewarded ever again, not even by a nomination. lol
- Moss, isn’t getting snubbed. I believe this season of THT will resonate more than the 2nd.
Lol this is a whole lot of “I believe” in terms of perspective rather than reality.
1. How is you believing anybody else is less deserving have anything to do with Meryl winning? She has the most Globe wins ever and she’s going to get raved.
2. Regina King got nominated for both of the shows she won the Emmy for. She has 3 nominations and just won one. This is also an HBO series that is a new show that Globes fall for all the time. You don’t have to be a fave to get a nomination or even a win here.
3. Again, what does that have to do with anything? If this is her return to form, Jennifer Aniston can certainly compete.
4. Once again, what does your opinion of Octavia Spencer have to do with her getting nominated if she gets standout notices and the show gets decent reviews? She already has 3 Globe noms for similar performances, what does it change here?
5. Lol what the fuck?
6. You “believing” again instead of being reasonable. The Globes drop people all of the time in favor of new contenders.May 22, 2019 at 8:30 pm #1202905209
I can see why you’re a newbie to the game.May 22, 2019 at 10:30 pm #1202905293
- Yes, she’s Meryl but doesn’t necessarily mean that she’s going to be the best in the category. She got raved for FFJ, and got nominated but she wasn’t winning anything for that role. So why does she got to win for BLL, if there are better performances.
- I’ve never seen actors getting awards, or nominations for that kind of projects.
- Jennifer Aniston is not a good actress. She can be nominated (in comedy) just for her name, but that’s about it.
- It’s the first time she’s having a regular TV role. The category is stacked. Watch her getting snubbed. lol
- Sandra Oh, is playing Cristina Yang in KE. This won’t last long.
- Even if the series is snubbed, get real! Moss is returning.
1. Meryl is sweeping, trust me.
2. Idk what ur referring to.
3. She can get nominated for her name in drama too, but she probably won’t be a threat, I agree.
4. I agree here too. Especially if she loses the Emmy, she’ll be yesterday’s news.
5. Elisabeth Moss is done. At least, at the Globes.May 22, 2019 at 11:26 pm #1202905310
Handmaid’s being shut out won’t be related to the quality of the season at all. It’s getting shut out because we’re talking about the Globes. Once they drop you, you’re out. The Crown will benefit from having a new cast and BLL S2 has Hollywood Foreign Press written all over it.
I hate Handmaid’s being shut out because Strahovski deserves some damn hardware, but that’s how it is.May 23, 2019 at 1:55 am #1202905363
I can’t wait to see Olivia Colman losing awards. I adore Nicole Kidman, but i hate the fact that she has won her Oscar and her Emmy in lead for supporting performances. I also hate the fact that she has beaten my fav in those lineup, both times. Renée Zellweger (Chicago) and Jessica Lange (Feud). Since I still love her, I’d be more than grateful if she can beat that Olivia Colman at the GG and then at the Emmys. I can’t stand the fact that she won’t stop winning awards, she’s so overrate
Kidman is Lead in BLL, it is time for you to get real and to stop putting labels to actors. And you have nerve to describe the most deserving Oscar winner in the last decade Olivia Colman as “overrate” and without have not seen her as Queen Elizabeth even in a trailer, but then you were rooting for Lange for playing Fiona Goode for the third time in Feuds.May 23, 2019 at 2:01 am #1202905365
The Globes have nominated Catriona Balfe 4 times in a row, they also rewarded Joanne Froggatt for the forth season of Downton, then they nominated her again for the fifth season, so they do whatever they want, if they feel like it, they are going to keep nominating Moss until the end of the show.May 23, 2019 at 2:05 am #1202905367
No one can prevent streep from sweeping every awardMay 23, 2019 at 2:11 am #1202905369
Lol if/when Colman picks up 4 SAGs next year.
Fleabag has had a surge of support since it was released in US last Thursday – not just among critics but also writers/ showrunners/industry folks: Nancy Meyers, Joss Whedon, Seth Meyers, Kumail Nanjiani etc have raved about it this past week.May 23, 2019 at 5:26 am #1202905514
I’m tired of this, i thought we was supposed to share our feelings about the next GG. So why won’t y’all stop coming for me, when i do so? I can be wrong but, can’t y’all just respond nicely instead of going ad hominem!?!.
As I said, I was kidding. Red Band Society was a complete flop.May 23, 2019 at 2:45 pm #1202906175
Watchmen features previous Golden Globe winners Regina King, Jeremy Irons and Don Johnson. So this show will be hardly ignored by the HFPA. Yes, superheroes roles are very hardly to get nominated, but only if the show get very bad or mixed reviews will be easily get snubbed by the HFPA.May 23, 2019 at 3:25 pm #1202906224
Nobody asked but I thought I would bring the subject since no one is talking about it. Truth Be Told’s cast is STACKED. Oscar winner Octavia Spencer, 3 time Emmy winner (and 5 time nominee) Aaron Paul, Emmy winner Ron Cepha-Jones, Emmy nominee Lizzy Caplan and 3 time Emmy nominee Elizabeth Perkins. Whew. Believe me the HFPA will eat that up. It could very well contend in more categories than lead actress imo.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.