Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 262 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
ginnala
forwardswill
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you know what would be a very Globes thing; nominating Christian Slater for the foırth time. He has (suprisingly) never missed.

🤮 The third time he was truly filler. Like the definition of filler. There was no one else left to nominate after Skarsgård, Molina, Harbour and Thewlis. I won’t be surprised at all if his name is read on noms morning yet again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Winkler won his Emmy then was nominated. We can’t assume the other way around would have happened. Either way though my comparison point with Shalhoub and him and Arkin was quite clearly about how they are veteran performers of a certain age where all your examples of Emmy winners who missed at the Globes were not. It would make sense for Shalhoub to now get nominated now he’s won. That is not the same as predicting him just because he won.

As for your Scott argument, in the nicest way possible please open your mind. The Globes do not only watch shows that they nominate (although they nommed Cumberbatch for a Sherlock season when Scott was on it so your point is moot anyway). Scott has appeared in blockbusters like Spectre and Alice Through the Looking Glass plus, if you wanna talk more Globe nominees, he’s in Pride, John Adams and The Hour. They know who he is. And even if they didn’t, all my other points still stand as valid arguments. He’s not locked by any stretch but stop pretending like people are fools for predicting him.

I never said or implied anything like that, it is all in your mind.

Your argument about Shalhoub is still not valid, because Alan Arkin got in without even been nominated at the Emmys first, this passion and respect for him is non-existing, the fact that Alex Borstein got nominated last year makes things even worse. Also, Louie Anderson is as veteran as he is, but yeah, they never watched his show.

Also, being veteran in comedy at the Globes in this category is not so good, like we saw, they have awarded only three young actors (at the time of their wins) and they have nominated only two actors that the Emmy haven’t, also young actors. So there is a chance for Andrew Scott, but I will be so surprised…

Either way, I do not see two comedy actors here for a second consecutive year.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I never said or implied anything like that, it is all in your mind.

Your argument about Shalhoub is still not valid, because Alan Arkin got in without even been nominated at the Emmys first, this passion and respect for him is non-existing, the fact that Alex Borstein got nominated last year makes things even worse. Also, Louie Anderson is as veteran as he is, but yeah, they never watched his show.

Also, being veteran in comedy at the Globes in this category is not so good, like we saw, they have awarded only three young actors (at the time of their wins) and they have nominated only two actors that the Emmy haven’t, also young actors. So there is a chance for Andrew Scott, but I will be so surprised…

Either way, I do not see two comedy actors here for a second consecutive year.

1. You said it made “zero sense”. It aint in my mind, it’s on the forum.

2. Why must everything be exactly like for like for you? Arkin got in. He is a comparable performer to Shalhoub suggesting Shalhoub should have got in last year but probably just missed. What has changed? He won the Emmy.

3. Yes, Alex Borstein got in last year. She also did what last year? Won the Emmy.

4. Don’t even try and pass off Louie Anderson as the same kind of veteran as Arkin, Winkler and Shalhoub. That’s basically the definition of clutching at straws.

5. You literally started the veteran argument when you highlighted Winkler and Arkin as the exceptions to the comedy rule. Don’t abandon it now your part in this wholly unnecessary discussion is flailing.

6. Nice to see you concede on Andrew Scott

7. Great that you don’t see it. I accept your opinion. Now can you just accept mine and we move on?

For Your GoldDerby Decade Awards Consideration:

Downton Abbey in Series, Supporting Actress and Ensemble. Glee in Supporting Actress, Guest Actor and Guest Actress.

Claire Foy and Lisa Kudrow in Drama and Comedy Actress respectively.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

You literally started the veteran argument when you highlighted Winkler and Arkin as the exceptions to the comedy rule. Don’t abandon it now your part in this wholly unnecessary discussion is flailing.

Why are you so aggressive? Many people appreciated the discussion, we are discussing stats, right? So, why is unnecessary? The whole point of this forum is to discuss such things.

And no, I never said that they are the exception, because they are veterans, it is a coincidence, this is my whole point. I said that they are the last two comedy nominees in that category, but before them there was an enormous gap of 5 years without a single comedy nominee, since the previous ones were Max Greenfield and Eric Stonestreet in 2012, neither one of them is veteran. This proves that the veteran theory that many use for Tony Shalhoub is not valid. And yes, this theory makes zero sense. This doesn’t mean that people predicting him are dumb, everything is possible at the Globes. And I accept your opinion just fine, but the tone and the meanness are not necessary.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t stop thinking that Dern might get snubbed for Big Little Lies. Yes, her performance was one of the highlights (if not the highlight of S2) but the thing is her performance has already been rewarded, and Ik they love her, but she’s already getting nominated and 99% winning the film supporting actress Globe so they might be like “let’s nominate someone else in her place on the TV side”. On the other hand, I can’t see who they might replace her with though. I’d say Emily Watson and Naomi Watts are the next in line. I think Watson is buzzless but it’d be weird if Chernobyl gets 2/3 of its leads in, even tho that’s probably what’s gonna happen. And as of Watts, in another year, she’d be a no-brainer, but I found her performance a bit lackluster. As of Borstein, given that the category is stacked, I don’t think they’d be willing to nominate her again since they’re not giving her a win anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I am predicting a snub for Dern, they can go to Kaitlyn Dever, if they really embrace Unbelievable, they can also go back to Yvonne Strahovski or to J. Smith-Cameron for Succession, the possibilities are infinite.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I am predicting a snub for Dern, they can go to Kaitlyn Dever, if they really embrace Unbelievable, they can also go back to Yvonne Strahovski or to J. Smith-Cameron for Succession, the possibilities are infinite.

or Holly Hunter- maybe they want to make it up to her after snubbing her for the Big Sick and ruining her trajectory

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

They better embrace Unbelievable and give miss Wever and miss Dever the noms they deserve.

I am so here for Kaitlyn Dever being a double nominee btw. What a breakout year she had.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

You should all predict the 3 buddies; Beanie, Kaitlyn and Ben Platt. They will love to have all three nominated this year and have them there just like they did with besties Debra Messing and Connie Britton last year. They always do that with people that are very close friends and had a good year.

All 3 are safe and I hope Kaitlyn Dever gets double-nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the surprise BLL snub could be Nicole Kidman, not Laura Dern.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the surprise BLL snub could be Nicole Kidman, not Laura Dern.

But she is lead, that would mean that she would snub BLL in Lead for Drama, or you think that they can nominate Witherspoon instead? I cannot see it.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Truth Be Told will be eligible. See the trailer.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

But she is lead, that would mean that she would snub BLL in Lead for Drama, or you think that they can nominate Witherspoon instead? I cannot see it.

Yeah I agree in that case they also snub the show in drama series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I dont think BLL will not miss series or actress but its the globes. Anything cn happen with them. Streep is an for sure nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.